Voluntary recall on six Turkey Hill ice cream products

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on January 31st, 2009

Some of you may already be familiar with the “peanut butter situation” currently being investigated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Turkey Hill has decided to voluntarily recall six of its ice cream and frozen yogurt products as a precautionary measure. If you have any of the following products, return them to the place of purchase for a refund or call us at 1-800-MY DAIRY (1-800-693-2479).

Turkey Hill Tin Roof Sundae Premium Ice Cream (1.5 quarts)

Turkey Hill Chocolate Nutty Moose Tracks Stuff’d (pint)

Turkey Hill Chocolate Nutty Moose Tracks Light Recipe Ice Cream (1.5 quarts)

Turkey Hill Nutty Caramel Caribou Frozen Yogurt (1.5 quarts)

Turkey Hill Peanut Brittle No Sugar Added Recipe Ice Cream (1.5 quarts)

Turkey Hill Peanut Butter Mania Light Recipe Ice Cream (1.5 quarts)

On behalf of the entire Turkey Hill team, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have eaten any of these products, please do not be alarmed. We have had no reports of any illnesses associated with these items. All of our tests indicate that our products are safe, but we have decided to initiate this recall as a safety precaution.

For more information about the recall, including specific information about the products involved, please visit the peanut recall page of our website. In the meantime, if you have concerns or questions about this voluntary recall, please contact Turkey Hill at 1-800-MY-DAIRY (1-800-693-2479) or e-mail our Customer Relations Department at crela@turkeyhill.com.

Sincerely,
Quintin Frey
President, Turkey Hill Dairy

Tags: , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Voluntary recall on six Turkey Hill ice cream products”

1. Jacqueline Seewald says:

Turkey Hill is acting very responsibly in this matter.

I hope the guilty are prosecuted for the deaths they caused.

2. Stefanie Schmidt says:

Thanks for taking responsibility for this huge problem and keeping your consumers safe. I hope these ice cream flavors come back soon because I love the creamy taste of ice cream and peanut butter.

3. Peggy Gorman says:

Its sad that the companies that had nothing to do with this outbreak has to take their products off the market . I am hopeful that the companies that were involved and what I saw on the news , how could this company even send out anything because the conditions were horrible. Aren’t companies to have a health inspector on site. What happened there?

4. alicelynne says:

I am sincerely sorry for your additional duties. The company involved should face criminal prosecution for their neglect. It is inexcusable.

5. peg says:

Tin Roof Sundae is one of my favorites. I hope things can be cleaned up so you can market it again.

6. Lorraine Pieloch says:

Thanks for “doing the right thing.”

7. Margaret M says:

I commend Turkey Hill for taking the steps to safeguard their customers. I love peanut butter in ice cream but will stay away from it for a while. Thank goodness there are so many other flavors of TH that I also love!

You’re doing the right thing but, we just finished a container of Tin Roof with no problems.

9. Tianna says:

I like that they voluntarily did this and that it’s not all peanut butter products just some. This means that TH knows which vendors send what and are added to what. That’s why I’ll stick with this company. I tried the Limonade and I’m hooked. It taste like I was back on Key west had sqeezed a bunch of limes, added sugar and placed in the fridge to chill. Wow, thanks TH you’re a company that’s ethical, can make a profit and still care for and about it’s customers! Don’t Change!!

10. Victoria C. says:

Sorry to hear that you got caught up in this mess, TH!! We will certainly continue to buy your products, and know this isn’t your fault at all. I hope that this does not cost you a ton, and that you get some compensation for this.

The people from the peanut plant who knowingly did this should receive 8 separate murder charges, a charge for endangering the public, and a further charge of crimes against humanity, as their products were also shipped abroad, and who knows how many ppl outside the US were affected.

11. Paula F. says:

I am sorry that the actions of a few have to impact so many.

12. Linda Leffler says:

Turkey Hill, Thanks for doing the right thing. As much as I love peanut butter, Turkey Hill has so many other flavors to choose from, so that is what I will buy until the matter is settled, then back to the peanut butter flavors. Linda

13. Peg Cramer says:

I think we’ll all be relieved when this mess is over.

14. Bert says:

Right!

15. Dot Hess says:

Thank you for your precautionary measures. Thankfully, there are many other good flavors to choose from to carry our insatiable appetites for your good ice cream over til this is ended.

16. brenda says:

Good Afternoon Turkey Hill and fans,
    Thank You for letting us know about the recall. I saw it today in Shopper, Where I go shopping. Yhey had a sign statment recall. on some of turkey hill ice cream. You are still and will be number one ice cream in my family. Thank YOu again for imoformed us about the recall.

17. Lois says:

Returned my peanut brickle, no sugar. Wish I had eaten it first. Traded it for Phillies Grand Slam. Thanks for the input and I know your ice cream will pass any test.

18. Turkey Hill Team says:

Thank you to everyone for being so patient and understanding during this situation. Turkey Hill is lucky to have such great customers!

Thanks for the recall information and taking responsibility of keeping your customers informed and safe. :)

Thank you for your concern for the publics safety.  I have some Turkey Hill in our freezer and will check to see if I have the ones in question.

I cannot do it, we have already eaten them and thrown away the containers. but thanks for the warning.

22. Bob Kessler J says:

You are certainly a responsible company for doing this recall. Putting the public’s safety ahead of profits is worth noting. Turkey Hill earns my respect even more.

23. mary frey says:

In time like these ,when you safety is first ,we all under stand;;;

24. Joanne Brinkley says:

Turkey Hill is my favorite brand and I infact have 2 cartons in my freezer right now. I appreciate the voluntarily recall.
    You are being very responsible.

25. Jeanne says:

a very honest, customer friendly
    company and we will continue to
    purchase Turkey Hill-Best of Luck
    to you during this crisis.

26. Jan C says:

Since its so hard for me to find the peanut butter w/vanilla, I didn’t have any in the freezer. Have decided to make my own peanut butter snacks & ice cream. Its so sad that everything we eat has to be watched. First spinach, tomatoes and now peanuts. All my favorites. thanks for doing the right thing.

27. Ian M. says:

I’m looking forward to when ice cream makers return to selling the full 64 oz. (half-gallon) sizes again. Will Turkey Hill take the lead on this?

28. dizeemother says:

It’s so hard to pick in the match ups, they’re all so delicious!!

29. MORRIS EVANS says:

what happend to all the marshmello in the chocolate marshmello icecream ?? ive been eating your icecream ans drinking your green tea for a long time its the best,
    i also been stocking your icecream on the shelf for the last 17 years hear at giant and boy do i push it,

p.s. but you need more marshmello
    thanks Moe Evans

30. Chuck M says:

What happen to Turkey Hill Rock Road Ice Cream? I’ve been the a few stores and they are not stocking it.

31. mickey says:

can u tell me where i can find phillies grand slam in central new jersey