ASK ERNIE: CAN A PERSON LIVE ON ICE CREAM ALONE?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on July 2nd, 2009

Jackson A. of New Bloomfield, PA: “Can a person live on nothing but ice cream?”

Good question. I once knew a guy who insisted that there were enough vitamins and nutrients in Guinness beer to live on it for a week. His friends dared him to do it and he did! He made it through the week, but I can’t say that he was in very good shape when those seven days were over.

As for ice cream, perhaps a few of our readers would be willing to test the scenario with a little real life ice cream diet? Actually, there’s no need for that, because I think I have the answer without having to binge on Rocky Road and Moose Tracks (sorry guys).

While most Turkey Hill ice cream contains some protein, vitamin A and calcium, it’s not likely that you’d get enough of those essential nutrients from ice cream alone. Let suppose you ate two servings of premium ice cream for breakfast, three for lunch, three for dinner and two more for dessert. That adds up to 1,500 calories per day (the average adult needs between 2,000 and 2,500 per day), 40 percent of your daily recommended Vitamin A and 60 percent of your Calcuim.

Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be getting any iron or consuming the recommended servings of cereals, grains, fruits and vegetables with that ice cream (though I guess if it were strawberry ice cream, you might get some fruit).

The bottom line is, while you could probably live on ice cream in theory, you can’t really live on it if you want to adhere to the USDA guidelines for dietary requirements. Besides, would you really want to eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Actually, don’t answer that. Personally, I find ice cream much more enjoyable when it’s one nice big bowl at the end of a long day!

———————————

YESTERDAY’S WINNER: We’re giving away two free containers of Turkey Hill ice cream every day to one comment chosen at random from that day’s blog entry. Yesterday’s winner is the owner of the comment below. An e-mail about your prize is awaiting your reply. Congrats!

FANCY PANTS NANCE WROTE:
Happy National Ice Cream Month!
Love all the varieties that Turkey Hill makes. LOVE IT!

Tags: , , ,

314 Responses to “ASK ERNIE: CAN A PERSON LIVE ON ICE CREAM ALONE?”

1. Brian K says:

awesome ice cream awesome flavors. cant get enough!

2. Lori says:

I still think we should test it.

3. glenn scott says:

can you please make ice cream that includes lactose for us lactose intolerants? the pills don’t work well enough and I really love turkey hill and I don’t think it would affect the flavor thank you!

4. Wanda says:

Your ice cream is the best around!
    My family buys alot of Turkey Hill ice cream as it has such a wonderful variety and the taste is beyond compare.
    Hats off to all the devoted employees that makes Turkey Hill ice cream the best!

5. Mary Anne says:

I agree with Ernie; one big bowl of ice cream each day usually satisfies me!

6. Sara K says:

This is the best monthly celebration of the year. I celebrate ice cream every chance I get!

Having the delicious reduced calorie ice creams would definitely make daily consumption a great idea.

8. Debbie says:

Happy National Ice Cream month! I enjoy the Turkey Hill commercials, cute concept!

9. Sara K says:

I can’t wait to try Banana Split! My local store doesn’t have it (yet)!

10. Beth Z says:

I Love Ice Cream. I could eat it everyday. Turkey Hill makes so many yummy flavors in addition to their flavors of the month. They really keep it interesting!. I like the sneak peak of the flavors that you get from the Turkey Hill calendar.

I’m with Ernie. I literally end everyday with a mug of ice cream (or two).

12. M Peterson says:

I’m going to miss waiting for it to get up to 80 in Central Park. I loved that promotion and I love Turkey Hill ice cream, but I’m planning to buy bomb pops this weekend.

13. Brooke says:

There’s nothing to say that ice cream can’t be PART of each meal, though, right?

14. Alayna says:

Happy National Ice Cream Month to All and to All a Tasty Evening Snack from Turkey Hill!

15. M Peterson says:

I can eat ice cream any day. Ice cream for dinner on a hot summer day is awesome.:D

16. stephanie says:

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream! Happy 4th!!! :)

17. Tammy says:

Ice Cream is great…especially when you make it nice and gooey. I like to swirl mine around until it is so creamy it drips off the spoon…the messier the better….LOL

18. Janelle says:

During strawberry & raspberry season, my husband makes hundreds of milkshakes for family & friends & uses nothing but Turkey Hill vanilla ice cream. They taste out-of-this-world! Everyone should try one!

19. Cynthia McGrew says:

If you tried really hard you could meet the daily requirement, ha ha ha, you would just have to add some additions to your ice cream. I would be willing to try it, Turkey Hill Ice Cream Diet…the best diet I have ever thought of!

20. Steven Straznickas says:

Southern Lemon Pie is the BEST!
    I’m going to the market today and stock up because it will be a long 11 months before it is back.
    Thanks guys!

21. Lea says:

Happy Ice Cream Month!
    Love anything with chocolate.

22. Matt Grasso says:

I would be willing to take a “Live on ICE CREAM Alone” challenge in a heartbeat! TURKEY HILL is the BESTEST EVER!

23. Cathy says:

As good as Turkey Hill ice cream is, I don’t think I’d want to eat it for every meal. I wouldn’t want to get tired of it, because I enjoy it too much!

24. Jan says:

I just love good old-fashioned vanilla in the summer, with plenty of fresh fruits piled on!! Blueberries, strawberries, cantelope, cherries—can’t get enough!

I don’t know if I would want to live on ice cream alone, but I’m sure my son would like to try!

26. Ricie says:

We have a saying at my house… Ice Cream isn’t about need, want, should have, shouldn’t have, good for you or bad for you. Ice Cream just is!!!!

27. David says:

Ice cream for dinner followed by ice cream for dessert sounds good!

28. Tammy says:

Turkey Hill Ice Cream is by far the best ice cream out there. Its the only ice cream allowed in our home. Keep up the good work. If there isn’t ice cream in our home my family pitches a fit…LOL

29. mina says:

I love turkey hill ice cream

30. Barbara says:

Well, I guess if you can’t live on it, we should at least live with it. Bring on the ice cream!

31. Bob says:

I love your ice cream. I noticed that just about every manufacturer continues to reduce the size of the carton, but the price stays the same. I understand cost cutting measures, but now I am getting less of your wonderful products for my $$. How much smaller (now only 48 oz) can you make what used to be a half gallon (64 oz) container at bascially the same price we used to pay for it?

Sincerely,

Bob

32. Natalie says:

Oh, I would definitely live off of Turkey Hill ice cream if I could! Yum!

33. Greg says:

My wife is from Lancaster county, but we live in MA. We were very happy when they started carrying Turkey Hill ice cream up here. Now, if only we could get Orange Tea…

34. Rachel says:

Maybe Turkey Hill could start making Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream and Spinach Quiche ice cream, then maybe it would be feasible…

35. Adrian says:

I think I could, but I’d probably need to have bariatric sugery.

36. Donna M. says:

Happy Ice Cream Month! July or December – we always have Turkey Hill ice cream in our freezer! Yummy!

37. Melissa T says:

Congrats to Fancy Pants! WTG on the win.
    Now as far as living on ice cream…..it might be pretty darn cold in the winter…lol

38. Donna Garnett says:

Its the only brand my daughter with autism will eat. We all love it in our family. Turkey Hill Rules!!!

39. Jen MacLeod says:

Oh Turkey Hill, your ice cream is talked about all year at our home in Nova Scotia till this time, every year, we come to visit in Pennsylvania and eat boxes a day. Our family LOVES you!!!

40. Theresa Pyne says:

Both my daughters born in Nat.Ice Cream Month! So the Turkey Hill Cake is the main part of our celebration this weekend! Rachel’s comment above is a great idea, Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream!!- or Apple Oatmeal Raisin in the fall,Cranberry Oatmeal Raisin in winter,Berry Oatmeal Raisin in spring, Peach Oatmeal Raisin in summer!YUM!

41. JJ says:

Luv choc chip mint!!!!

42. bill says:

now if you take the icecream at 1500 cals a day… add some whole grain cereal as toppings… then you get more vitamins you need then you can have turkey hill all day long.

43. Amy K Gross says:

I like the cereal on top thought. :) I tried the carmel cone duo last night…yum. I’m pretty sure I could live off of that for a week. I’m moving to TN this month…do they have Turkey Hill Ice cream there? I hope so. Amy
    Happy 4th everyone!

44. Cyndee says:

My husband says when he was a kid, he had a neighbor who went on an ‘ice cream only’ diet and lost over 100 lbs, then the guy moved away so he doesn’t know what happened to him, but he was the envy of the neighborhood kids when he was dieting!

45. Karen Wells says:

We only get to enjoy Turkey Hill ice cream when we’re in PA visiting my parents, and we LOVE having a nice bowl of a variety of flavors at the end of a fun day. Perfect ending! :)

46. Eliza says:

I think topping vanilla ice cream with some fresh fruit would be great.

47. Akiva Goldstein says:

The only thing in life that beats a scoop of Turkey Hill Cookie Dough Ice Cream is TWO SCOOPS of Turkey Hill Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

48. Pamela Cloud says:

I don’t know if I could live on ice cream alone, but I’d be willing to give it a try! LOL…

49. Alaina says:

Ernie has the best job in the world.

50. Carlton says:

How about eating ice cream only for, say, a day or two at a time? One day of the week could be for ice cream only!

51. Lisa says:

Hopefully New England will start seeing some summer weather so we can better enjoy this wonderful ice cream celebration.

52. Donna L says:

Have always told everyone that Turkey Hill Frozen Yogurt is the best on the market. Please keep it coming!!

53. Emily says:

I’d like to think that I could live on ice cream alone, or at least have it everyday for breakfast! Yum! So glad the Peaches and Cream flavor is here for the summer!

54. Faith Beebe says:

Living on Ice Cream Alone sounds like a wonderful idea though.

55. Faith Beebe says:

Living on Ice Cream alone sounds like a wonderful idea.

56. Turkey Hill Team says:

Even those of us here at Turkey Hill agree that Ernie has the best job in the world. He gets paid to make and eat ice cream! It doesn’t get any better than that.

By the way, we’d like to welcome to all of our new readers during our National Ice Cream Month celebration. It’s good to see so many people here on the Ice Cream Journal. We hope to see more of each of you in the future!!

57. Marysharon says:

There is really no bad way to eat ice cream, but it is best a little bit melted!

58. kim says:

so many flavors and there all delicious

59. Cindy Allen says:

I could eat ice cream for every meal and as much as I hate to admit it I do go through a half gallon every other day sometimes even more. My favorite is choc mint chip…

I have to wait for when it’s on sale because I’m on disability and can’t afford to spend $15.00 every week on ice cream. Usually somewhere close to me has Turkey Hill ice cream on sale but if not I have to break down and buy another brand sorry to say.

When I am having a bad pain day there is nothing more therapeutic then to climb into bed with a coffee mug full of ice cream. Using a coffee mug is easier because the handle makes it easier to hold.

I don’t have any other addictions or bad habits except eating ice cream and as much as I try to stop I can’t. I guess I need an ice cream intervention…

Have a happy and blessed 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

60. Alaina says:

Let’s celebrate National Ice Cream Month with an ice cream diet!

61. Sharon M says:

All of this reading about ice cream is making me wish that I was home with my kids and a giant bowl of vanilla with fresh strawberries on top and a big spoon – instead of working and watching the rain. Happy Ice Cream Month!!!

I think my household would like to try living on ice cream alone!!

63. Evan Thomas says:

Toppings! It’s all about the toppings. Add the right toppings and you can definitely survive off ice cream alone

64. Amy H. says:

I love Graham Slam! I love Tin Roof! I love Dutch Chocolate! Who am I kidding? I’d eat just about any flavor put in front of me! Yay ice cream!

65. DEE says:

I like ice cream, but my sister putme to shame let me win and give my sister some very happy days!!!!!

66. Melly with icecream in the belly says:

YAY!! For ICECREAM Days!! Tukey Hill is the BEST!

67. Susan Ciotta says:

When my husband and I have ice cream for dessert after dinner, our two dogs and two cats surround us waiting to lick the bowls!!

68. Susan Ciotta says:

I love chocolate ice cream in my rootbeer float!

69. Rebecca W. says:

i love turkey hill ice cream cause its so rich and smooth and the flavor is just awesome

70. Lisa Reeves says:

I love all flavors of ice cream. I believe ice cream is one of the major food groups. Turkey hill does a great job if mixing flavors. My family loves anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Just GREAT!!!!!!!

71. Carina says:

ice cream every single day all day long sounds awesome lol

I could live on just ice cream but I would need to have several different flavors to supplement my diet, like peanut butter, chocolate, walnut, raisin,… and coffee.

73. Janet says:

Living on ice cream alone sounds good to me!

74. Vickie S says:

When I was in college, I ate ice cream every lunch and supper. It was the main meal and it was great. Oh how I would love to eat T.H. Ice cream every day now. Yum!

75. Lauren says:

Maybe I can’t live on ice cream, but I still love the mint chocolate chip kind!

76. Traci says:

I just bought 5 cartons of Turkey Hill Ice Cream for the family – we can’t get enough!!!!

77. Mark Boyer says:

It sounds like your mission is clear… a NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE ice cream! Come on Turkey Hill, you can do it!

78. Terri G says:

Turkey Hill is the perfect dessert after a good meal. Also makes a great nighttime snack,as not to heavy.

79. Marilyn says:

With 8 grandkids, ice cream goes really fast around here! The ultimate favorite is Turkey Hill Mint Chocolate Chip! They love, love, love it!! (I do, too!)

80. Stephanie says:

I have 4 children ages 8,7,6,2. They all think they could live on ice cream alone. That’s for sure! My kids love the Mint Chocolate Chip. It has to be Turkey Hill because that is the best!

81. Mike says:

Living on ice cream might be a bit difficult in the middle of a new england winter, when outside it’s 4 degrees. During the summer months, though, I’d defintely give it a whirl.

82. Yolanda says:

This is funny, because the kids in my class eat Ice Cream sandwiches and call it lunch–don’t bother even drinking the milk. I should save this a show it to the set next school year!

83. Alyce J. says:

My favorite is Dutch Chocolate. I do believe I could live on that for the rest of my life and be satisfied!

84. Tim says:

Okay, maybe I couldn’t live ON ice cream, but I can’t imagine living WITHOUT it! Great column!!

85. Bonnie says:

Oh My Goodness! Imagine eating ice cream every day of the week for every meal! Sounds awfully yummy but I don’t think my hips would like it very much! LOL

86. Lisa says:

Turkey Hill
    What A Thrill
    To Help Me Chill
    After A Drill.

I Love Turkey Hill!

Lisa

87. Beth Katz says:

I agree that too much of one food would get boring and become a chore to eat. Eating ice cream should never be a chore.

88. chris says:

haha
    wow
    wat if you put toppings on it to get those vitamins??????

89. Bob Franke says:

Keep making the delicious flavors you already make and keep the new ones coming..Yumm Yumm

90. Shelley Orenstein says:

Ice Cream every day, you bet! And I love that most of your flavors are gluten free

91. Clifford says:

I like your orange cream.

I think I could live on ice cream! I love it!

93. Susan K. says:

Happy National Ice Cream Month! I am so grateful that Turkey Hill ice cream has been added to my local grocery store. It’s the best!

94. C Eaton says:

Love your products!! Turkey Hill truly is the *best* ice cream :)

95. Debbie C says:

WE love Turkey Hill ice creams!!! We can’t keep them in the house, it seems every time I turn around, it’s gone again!!! One word for you all……………YUM!!!!

96. Kimberly Ryan says:

WOW! A whole month just for ice cream! I’m doing a sundae jig! Keep the great flavors coming!

97. Fredda says:

I went to buy some Turkey Hill Light ice cream today and they didn’t have Chocolate Chip… MY FAVORITE!! They said that either you are making it, or the supermarket has chosen not to stock it… I hope you are still making it!

98. Shauna says:

I would like to try living on ice cream. Especially Turkey Hill. Love your stuff.

99. Rachel says:

I wouldn’t mind living on ice cream for a week!

100. Bruce W. Schmeck says:

I could!

101. wendy lee klenetsky says:

Whenever I’m in the mood for delicious ice cream, I get a thrill from great TURKEY HILL!

102. Kathy Fridirici says:

I’d love to take the challenge and try to live on ice cream alone. Can I start with Phillies Graham Slam please?

103. Delia says:

I wish I could!

104. Marji Clark says:

Can you live on Ice Cream alone…no, but it would be nice! Hmmm..would I gain weight, lose weight or stay the same?

105. SueN says:

Even if we can’t live on ice cream alone, it would be fun to try!

106. susan t says:

it wouldn’t be the healthiest diet, but i sure would enjoy it for awhile.

107. NSH says:

I don’t want to live on ice cream; I just want to lose weight whenever I eat it!

108. Lisa Merlin says:

Nothing but ice cream all day can’t be good for you (not enough vitamins), but nothing beats ending your stressful day with Turkey Hill ice cream!

109. Linda Leffler says:

I probably could live on ice cream, but would probably have to have it different ways. Perhaps on pie, cake, waffles, pankakes, fruit and the list goes on. So the answer is yes you bet we could. Linda

110. Alicia says:

Could I live on ice cream alone?
    Absolutely … in one of my wild dreams!
    I luv Turkey Hill for the taste and the fun that comes with it!

111. Cindy Merrill says:

An Ode to Icecream:
    Oh frozen creamy ecstacy! Could cold comfort ere’ be given? I lift my spoon, my senses swoon, on a hot afternoon, resist?Nay, I hath not the will. Ah! Sweet temptation, tis with me still- I speak of the Icecream of Turkey Hill.

112. Rebecca says:

Fruity flavors (especially mango or other tropical flavors) would be perfect for the summer

113. Bob Hayes says:

They say save the best for last. Well everynight just before bed I have my Turkey Hill ice cream. It is the best way to end the day!

Turkey Hill ice cream is the best of anyone else’s. It is so crammy and tasteful. My whole family only eats turkey Hill, but I wish they would make Maple walnut for the supermarkets. chocolate Marshmellow is my favorite.

115. Thomas says:

We can always dream——

116. Lisa says:

It does sound great to eat ice cream all day every day, but after a while it looses it’s special value. Thats why I eat Turkey Hill’s ice cream at the end of a long day. Its like a gift for myself for doing a job well done.

117. MD says:

An ice cream a day keeps the doctor away!

118. Jackie says:

I don’t know that I could live on ice cream alone, but I could certainly enjoy it for dessert a couple of times a day!

119. Justin H says:

Put your ice cream in a cone! That’s how you get your grains!

120. kathleen faline says:

I’m glad July is National Ice Cream Month. Some each day will make the rain easier to bear.

121. Grace says:

Can a person live on frozen yogurt alone? :D

122. Ruth says:

Ice cream diet, I can hear the newest fad coming…after all, there is a cookie diet. C’mon Turkey Hill, come up with an ice cream diet with an iron & vitamin supplement and beat some other company to it! LOL

123. Monica Willett says:

Nutritionally, a person wouldn’t last very long on an ice cream-only diet. But oh! Could there be a better way to die than with a bowl of Turkey Hill Philadelphia-Style Vanilla and spoon in-hand?

124. Sharon F. says:

Turkey Hill ice cream is like the perfect food.

125. Angela Thompson says:

Hey, you know…….Ernie really does have the best job in the whole world! Boy, do I need a job like that! I love Turkey Hill ice cream. They were the first in the area to make egg nog ice cream. But it shouldn’t just be “limited edition”, it should be added to the regular lineup. Did I say that I love ice cream? LOL!

126. Wendy T says:

What else is there in the world for dessert but ice cream! Who needs cakes and pies, not me just give me some crazy flavor and I am in heaven!

127. MARILOUISE KAMPPI says:

Summer, winter, spring or fall makes no difference to me a bowl of ice cream is the perfect snack.

128. Andrew says:

If you need someone to test if this is possible and you are willing to provide the ice cream, please let me know :)

129. Caitlin says:

Okay so it’s not a very good choice, I’d still love to try! lol Ice Cream should really be considered a separate food group.

Shucks I was hoping that one could live on ice cream alone. I would be willing to test it out though. :)

131. Anna Lambert says:

…..it has enough calcium to live on for a while not sure for how long though I must say.

132. Charlotte says:

Turkey Hill makes a great product. I would never be able to choose a favorite as there are soooo many I like. As a matter of fact, I am going to log off and have a bowl right now!

133. Meg Scannell says:

Mr. Jackson A, couldn’t you have just told a little fib and said we COULD live on ice cream, or at least a maybe, or even an “I dare you?” Your answer was actually quite devastating. Now I not even a shred of evidence to begin convincing my mother that those brussel sprouts and sloppy meat and potatoes for dinner could have been replaced with 4 scoops of my favorite ice cream. Maybe the person in your theory didn’t eat ENOUGH ice cream. And if I ate double what they did, and varied the flavors (throwing in some fruity ones, ones with nuts for protein, nutrients and essential fatty acids, and other nutritious add ins), then I could survive on ice cream. Wishful thinking at least…perhaps I can do some more research and try and convince my mother….YAY!

134. Meg Scannell says:

oops, I meant to direct that to Ernie and not Mr. Jackson A. Mr Jackson A and I should team up to prove that ice cream in fact can sustain you for life!

135. Michael says:

Happy Ice Cream Month Turkey Hill!!!
    I love your ice cream, especially the Healthy Fat Free Chocolate!!!

136. Art Fairy says:

If only ice cream could be a bigger part of a pregnant woman’s daily diet! I would be in heaven!

137. Kristina says:

Maybe you really can’t live on ice cream alone, but for the last week we’ve been having breakfast, a real meal at lunchtime, and a large waffle cone of ice cream as our supper. Looking forward to that supper every day!!

138. Stefanie Schmidt says:

I could eat ice cream everyday! Sometimes when I am really craving it, ice cream makes the perfect breakfast.

139. Linda B says:

Yammy, Yummy, Yummy, I want lots of ice cream in my Tummy. When I can’t get enought of it, I feel crummy.

140. Antoinette says:

Every month is ice cream month in our house.

141. Cassi says:

I love ice cream as much as the next guy – but I could not live on it alone! Way too much other good stuff out there! LOL!

142. Barbara A says:

I could certainly make an attempt at ice cream at every meal!!!!!!!!!!!

143. Sheryl says:

Thanks for ice cream month and enjoy–God Bless the USA and thanks for life !!!!!

144. Nancy says:

Turkey Hill!! You and I make a great Duetto!!!!

145. cindy mccarthy says:

I love the Duos! My family’s favorite is the vanilla and pb and chocolate. Thank heaven for Turkey Hill! We are hopelessly addicted.

146. Princess KK says:

I agree with Ernie! A few large scoops at the end of a long, hot day is perfect bliss!! AHHHH!!

147. Regina says:

I don’t think we could live on ice cream alone but we have a rule in our house that we always have it for dinner if the temperature goes to 100 degrees.

148. Diane says:

I could live on ice cream alone, or I would at least like to try.

149. Barb Brader says:

You’d be a turkey not to like Turkey Hill Ice Cream….It is my favorite!!!

150. Jason says:

Can’t tell you how much I enjoy eating “imported” ice cream all the way up here in Maine! Reminds me of growing up in central PA!

151. Prisscialla Songer says:

Icecream, Icecream we all scream for icecream. Our family loves Charlie Brown Icecream which Turkey Hill has just that Peanut Butter Cup. As for living off of icecream that would be very extreem, but with temperatures like were having that sounds pretty good.

152. Norma Rotoli says:

Our card club loves having cake & Ice Cream with their coffee. Our favorite is Black Cherry. It is by far the very best tasting!

153. PJ says:

Happy Ice Cream Month!

Ice Cream is one of my comfort foods! Turkey Hill’s Fried Ice Cream is excellenttttt!!!!!

Sometimes I think I already am on an ice cream only diet. I just finished a half gallon container of peanut butter brownie. Of course not in all one sitting but I think I could live on it for awhile :) I agree that I think we should all test it out.

155. Becky R says:

Don’t know about living on Guinness only, but I have heard of people living very long lives (into their 90s) and claiming that it was a Guinness a day that contributed to their long life span. And, I’ve heard that a Guinness and vanilla ice cream milk shake is delicious!

156. Glenda Steffee says:

Well, an ice cream only diet would certainly put an end to my daily question: What do you want for dinner?

157. CherylS22 says:

Some days I wish I could have ice cream for breakfast, lunch & dinner!

158. Joyce says:

I bought the Southern Lemon Pie at the grocery store last night and my daughter had to try it right away. I really wasn’t intending to have any for myself last night, but my daughter kept saying how good it was. So I had to try it! Yummy!!! We will certainly be buying more.

159. Julie Jamron says:

Our favorite is party cake. Sometimes it is hard to find so we buy another yummy Turkey Hill Flavor

160. leslie long says:

Vanilla Turkey Hill ice cream and fresh blueberries in the blender = summer bliss!

161. shanna goldin says:

i love all the flavors

162. Angela McConnell says:

Love Turkey Hill! Wish you could effectively live on ice cream! Gotta love the Chocolate Chip COokie Dough; MY FAVORITE – YUM!

163. Kate says:

My dad always says everything in moderation. Eating ice cream all the time would diminish its specialness IMO.

164. andrea says:

is there a way to not devour a whole container of rocky road in one day?!? sheesh… it’s so darn tasty.

diet, what diet?!? ugh…

165. Sara says:

HAPPY NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH EVERYBODY!! I’d like to proclaim EVERY month National Ice Cream Month with Ice Cream from Turkey Hill. (After all, it is made right here in our own back yard)!

166. Mrs K says:

Living on ice cream … doesn’t that sound like a dream??

167. Joe says:

I wish I could eat ice cream more but then it wouldn’t be as enjoyable. Turkey Hill — love it!!!

168. Carolyn Froehlich says:

Turkey Hill is the best! Every month is a special ice cream month to try a different flavor, but coffee is tops around here.

169. mary anne kazlauskas says:

there are so many great, yummy flavors,is just one month enough time to enjoy all the great turkey hill flavors ? yummmm, but i am going to love trying !

170. Denise says:

Even ice cream is better in moderation! Too much of one thing is never good.

171. anita says:

turkey hill is GREAT ! Please keep adding flavors with lots of chocolate.

172. Peggy says:

I especially look forward to all the flavors of the month. I love every one of them!

173. CONNIE says:

i love ice cream, and Turkey Hill has the best flavors. keep it coming.

174. Kim E says:

Yes, I could live on Ice cream!!! Turkey Hill has so many amazing flavors.

175. Deb says:

Nothing better than ending a hot day with a BIG bowl of Turkey Hill ice cream. Today I’ve got Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup on my mind.

176. Susan C says:

ice cream all day every day!

177. Jacqueline Seewald says:

Theoretically you could live on ice cream if it were enhanced by enough fiber, vitamins and minerals. Of course, it wouldn’t be the same product then. I’ll save my ice cream for dessert.

178. Stephanie says:

If only ice cream could make you skinny I would eat it 24/7. Especially Turkey Hill I go to school at Penn State and when I am home I am always disappointed that I dont have Turkey Hills delicious selection of flavors, especially Black Raspberry.

179. MARGARET GAWLEY says:

Turkey Hill is not only delicious, it is the most fun ice cream….especially the colorful cows.

180. E.Hummel says:

I think it would be great to eat ice cream but I have to agree with Ernie a nice bowl at the end of the day sounds much better.WTG Turkey Hill!!!!

181. Allison says:

A bowl of ice cream a day keeps the doctor away! Makes you feel good :) I cannot wait to try the new limited edition Double Dunked!!

182. Mary H. says:

Thanks for keeping ice cream in perspective, Ernie — it’s a treat!!

183. Yvonne Learn says:

Ice cream diet? An interesting idea, hmmm…..perhaps it could be supplemented by some of those delicious Turkey Hill beverages, like peach iced tea?

184. brenda says:

Good Morning Turkey Hill fans, We are one happy family. Ernie, I try to eat just turkey hill ice cream for one day. for Brekfast; I have vanilla ice cream in my coffee and choclate and vanilla snack; turkey hill strawberry ice cream, lunch; I had vanilla ice cream mix with fruits and turkey hill cheese cake ice cream; snack; turkey hill pretzels ice cream; Dinner; I have my falvor Turkey Hill ice cream; Vaniila,Choclate and strawberry ice cream. Snack; Tureky Hill Light ice cream. I did not gain any weight from eating all of this ice cream. I had 2 serving at each meal, but I was doing my work the whole time. It was fun, but I will stick to eacting this not as a meal all the time. I love you turkey hill for having so many differant kind of Ice cram for us to chose from vanilla to Southern Lemon Pie. Turkey Hill ice cream. Thank you for having so much.

185. mary S says:

hooray for ice cream month! I love all this ice cream talk. My kids are VERY interested in trying the all-ice cream diet. We’re in talks right now.

186. Becky says:

You should make an ice cream that has the added nutrients needed in a balance diet – that way we really could live on an all ice cream diet. Sign me up if you want to do experiments…!

187. Margie says:

Ice cream diet? Why not? With the different varieties of Turkey Hill you could eat something different for every meal! I’d have to start with Chocolate Peanut Butter,then Butter Pecan, then……

Yes YES YES! Want blend ins? How about crisp veggies, croutons, bacon, even leftover chicken, for a perfectly nutrtious meal without guilt.

Go Turkey Hill Go.

189. Darcy F. says:

Hmmm….ice cream diet…never tired it…sounds like an interesting idea! Think I’ll go work on my menu!

190. Fergie says:

My kids already think ice cream is a good breakfast, snack and dessert. They have a bowl every day – including all winter long!

191. Jennifer says:

Hmmm….I’m sure my kids would love that!

192. Donna B says:

My name is Donna and I am an ice cream addict!! Happy National Ice Cream Month!!! I heart T.H. Ice cream!

193. Beverly Boyer says:

Love your ice cream. Oh yes, the ice cream cakes beat any others by far.

194. linda lambeck says:

I think my husband can (live on ice cream alone). He eats it every night for dinner. He calls it happy food.

195. Sharon says:

So, if I made fresh fruit sundaes with nuts and granola for toppings, could I live on Turkey Hill indefinitely? ;o)

196. Melody says:

I would love to eat ice cream every day- how great would that be! Especially Turkey Hill ice cream with all the yummy flavors.

197. Lin says:

Live on ice cream alone, perhaps not, but living without Turkey Hill Ice Cream would be impossible.

198. char says:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

199. Colette says:

hmmm I would be up for the challenge! I have had ice cream for lunch or dinner before. I know I couldn’t live without ice cream in my diet!!

Living on ice cream alone sounds tempting but ice cream twice a day sounds like a dream diet I could keep everyday.

201. Nancy says:

An ice cream diet sounds delicious but I know you need other nutrituion to balance your diet – ice cream for dessert or snack is great!

202. Jane says:

I had lap band surgery and there only a few foods that cause NO problems. Thankfully ice cream is one of them!

203. Tricia Smith says:

I Love Turkey Hill Ice Cream. It is my favorite. — I hopeing to be a Ice Cream Taste Tester for your Company…..lol. Only Kidding :)

204. lori says:

Turkey Hill is the best, but who can actually stick to the serving size.

205. Theresa says:

Is it too late to sign up for the ice cream diet??? I’ve tried everything else..this one should be a treat to follow!!!

206. lori says:

So many flavors to choose from. Turkey Hill is the best, but who can actually stick to the serving size.

I would want ice cream as a treat or a reward. To eat nothing but ice cream would wear off soon. Even if it was Turkey Hill I would probably get tired of it after a few days. But I do enjoy it as a dessert or something satisfying on a hot summer day.

208. CMC says:

Who says you can’t live on ice cream? I did it for a while – and had the eighty extra pounds to prove it!

209. Susan K. Lapp says:

Wow! I Am So Glad You Have Asked This Question/Comment! I Have Honestly Been Living For The Past Week On Turkey Hill Ice Cream With Pepsi ALL Day Every Day, So I Am Still Here!!! THANKS TURKEY HILL!!! I Even Lost 30 Pounds!!! :) THAT IS TRULY HONEST!!! COME SEE!!! STILL GOING!!! :)

210. Sharon says:

Thanks for the info, Ernie. My kids would have asked to try the ice cream diet if you had said it was OK.

211. mary lou says:

Of course you could live on it for awhile andthen you would get too heavy to get in a car and buy some more.Lets not ruin a good thingand keep our ice cream for what it is, a special treat for each day.

Love the new Turkey Hill Dynamic Duos, Caramel Cone Chaos is the best!

213. Debbie says:

Well, When my grandchildren were over the house breakfast was always the same.
    Ice cream sandwich, 1 cup of fruit, 1 or 2 scrambled eggs or 3 oz of lean ham.
    My grandson loved htis breakfast so much, one day I had the freezer door locked, he started to cry and asked, did Mommy lock up our ice cream sandwiches? I gave them ice cream usually whenever they wanted. Don’t blame me, its in the Grammy handbook!I’m allowed! Now they are healthy, happy teens.

214. Rich the Duke says:

In these tough economic times when the road seems a little rocky to travel, try my favorite.. Turkey Hill Rocky Road Ice Cream. It smooths out the road, and makes the day soooo much better, and no matter how bad the economy is.. you can still afford to buy it, GREAT STUFF.

215. ROBYN says:

I WOULD DEFINITELY ATTEMPT TO LIVE ON ICE-CREAM ALONE!! WITH ALL THE POSSIBLE FLAVORS, I COULD PROBABLY GO AN ENTIRE WEEK WITHOUT DOUBLING ANY!

216. SF says:

I am all for anything that fosters the bridge between good taste and a stomach full of ice cream.

217. Yvonne says:

Ice cream helps you make friends — give someone ice cream and they can’t help but smile!

218. CAROL TRANO says:

No, you can’t live on ice cream alone, you need chocolate syrup, crunchy toppings, fruit and etc !!!

219. Sheila says:

Can a person live on ice cream alone? I’m willing to submit myself to science and try!

220. Robbin L. Netz says:

Who follows the USDA Guidelines anyway? I figure at least try 1 flavor every day, until you’ve tried ALL the Turkey Hill flavors!

221. caroline says:

I’m glad you added the facts that it can be done BUT you also need other ingredients in your body. I like my TH late at nite in the box reclining in my favorite easy chair. It the time of the day when I relax and what better way than eating that TH.
    PS I have been known also to eat my TH in my sleep since my hubby finds the empty box in the morning.

Well, you’re right Ernie. We need to follow a diet that includes all the nutrients we need to be healthy. That said, there’s no reason why one couldn’t have a scoop of Turkey Hill for dessert at every meal.

223. Janean Campbell says:

Thank you for the great information regarding ice cream and if we could live off of eatting ice cream alone.

224. Sharon says:

Praising God for the delight of ice-cream!

225. nilka myers says:

That question is great. I am 3 months pregnant and that is all the baby wants to eat before i go to bed is ice cream. I’m just afraid of the extra pounds that i may not need. lol.

226. Brian K says:

LOVE IT LOVE IT What else can I say.

227. mh says:

The food pyramid should have its own ice cream section :)

228. Lisalisa says:

How can I choose just one flavor? Oh, that’s why I have a family of 5!

229. ICE CREAM GIRL says:

IF ONLY WE COULD LIVE ON ICE CREAM!!!

230. cheryl says:

Turkey hill has always been my favorite! Their flavors can’t be beat, it’s always Ice Cream Month no matter what time of the year!! Thanks Turkey Hill!

231. Michelle Hughes says:

I love Turkey Hill! It is the year-round ice cream! I enjoy all of your ice cream flavors and your ice tea too! I do miss the ice cream that was vanilla with peanut butter mixed in it! That was incredible too! I never had anything come close to turkey Hill flavors! Thank you for all the pleasure you give your consumers!

232. Deb Whitehead says:

Turkey Hill Moose Tracks is the absolute best ice cream ever!!!

233. Catherine Hutzel says:

Ice Cream, You scream, we all scream for ice cream! Especially Turkey Hill!Now thats an oldie!

234. Catherine says:

A scoop a day keeps the blues away!! Enjoy!!

It’s a nice thought anyway, living on ice cream alone!

236. Chanda says:

Turkey Hill icecream is a perfect delight for the whole family!

237. liz says:

wow!!! A ice cream diet. Now that a diet I can stick too!!!!!!

238. Alayna says:

Turkey Hill Ice Cream Giveaway – YEAH! Now let’s celebrate!

Happy Ice Cream month everyone. What a great month for celebrating eating ice cream. It’s even better when it’s Turkey HIll. Yummy Yum!

240. Kathy L. says:

I’m waiting and watching for Southern Lemon Pie this summer. But yesterday I found the peanut butter with brownie bits in it. YUMMMMMY!!!!

241. Linda Vollmerhausen says:

Happy Ice Cream Month everyone!
    I would love to try and live on ice cream for a week. You can always add some cereal and fruit to it for fiber and fruit. Ice Cream with nuts as a protein, etc. Eleven or twelve scoops a day should do it! Of course, you would need variety and an empty freezer to stock up on Turkey Hill!

242. SHIRLEY says:

THERE ARE ENOUGH VARIETIES OF TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM ALONE TO KEEP THIS DIET FROM BEING BORING AND AS HE SAID FRUIT VARIETIES WOULD HELP BUT I WOULD SUPPLEMENT WITH DAILY MULTIVITAMINS.

243. Janet Holly says:

Turkey Hill ice cream is great! A flavor for every day.

244. Lisa C. Pasternak says:

happy national ice cream month! it’s the perfect thing for celebrating — have you ever noticed that you can’t be sad when you’re eating ice cream?! GO TURKEY HILL!

245. Jim Knapick says:

Does it count if you use add ons’s?
    Then you could use fruit, nuts, etc and get all your nutritional requirements.

246. Ellen says:

Thanks Ernie for the helpful info. I was going to volunteer to be a guinea pig for Turkey Hill. Will continue eating TH because the variety of flavors is the best. Haven’t seen Peaches ‘n Cream at my grocers yet but continuing to look.

247. J Mike says:

WE have to balance our desires and needs. Turkey Hill ice cream in moderation — up to a 1/2 gallon per day — is best.

248. barbara kendall says:

I don’t know, but it will be fun trying! I recently had surgery to remove cancer of my esophagus, and I think it would be so soothing when I can eat something! barbara

249. Fred C says:

I’d love to try that-what a way to go :-)

250. Jerry Abate says:

Happy National Ice Cream month!
    Remember this one:
    I scream,you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
    Bring back that Rasberry chocolate chunk!

251. Anne King says:

Would be fun to try! Must have every day; could try 3 times a day!

252. Janet says:

Best ice cream in the world.

253. Lilly says:

I think I would like to try living off Ice Cream alone. I could have floats, sundaes, parfaits, splits and cones and then start over again. Sounds heavenly.

254. Nancy Gates says:

I LOVE Raspberry Duetto, and Skinny Minty reduced fat ice cream! My grandson’s fave is Cherry Duetto. How about blueberries over one of the red duettos for the 4th of July?

255. stephanie says:

i think southern lemon pie should bi store’s all year long …then maybe i could found more to buy…my store sell out to early

256. stephanie says:

I love really really REALLY love Turkey Hill ICE CREAM… Rocky Road …Souther Lemon pie!!!!!!!!!!

257. Brittany says:

I don’t doubt that I could live on just ice cream! YUM

258. linda foy says:

I LOVE Turkey Hill Ice cream…smooth and deliciously wonderful

259. kathy w says:

i can eat TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM twice a day,( sometimes more) but id do eat turkey hill ice cream after dinner & sometimes before bed. i love my iceam

260. mimisan7 says:

Love the ideas of oatmeal/raisin/cranberry/etc. IC.But it’s fun to put a scoop on top of any cereal instead of milk. (some Ice Cream Parlors use Froot Loops, and other cereals for toppings) I’m not sure about the spinach, though. But if they can make garlic IC….why not! They made Lima Bean Ice Cream at one of the festivals in Cape May a few years ago.

261. Erin says:

I love your Birthday Cake ice cream!! I wish you made it year-round!

Happy July 4th!!!

263. Donna Nizolek says:

Every night before bed I MUST have a Turkey Hill Dutch chocolate ice cream soda. Just the ice cream alone is more than delicious but add some soda and whipped cream and it’s above and beyond!

264. Cheryl S says:

According to my grandchildren you can live on ice cream!

265. Paula F. says:

I love TH ice cream,but….I think once a day is enough!

266. Arlene Dahlgren says:

Those other brands (you know the ones I mean) are always on sale in the grocerty stores but I ONLY want and will buy Turkey Hill–IT IS THE BEST
    AND ONLY THE BEST WILL DO FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

267. BETTY says:

would like to try to live with just icecream for a week sounds yummy

268. gianna says:

As much as I adore T.H. ice cream….I don’t think I would want to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner…remember -variety is the spice of life! :)

I am afraid that if you only ate ice cream all day everyday it would just ruin that wonderful feeling when you finally get to the end of a meal and you know that bowl of Turkey Hill is waiting.

270. Ann Rudolph says:

Sounds like a fun diet!!! I’m sure with the appropriate mix of inclusions (nuts, fruits, dark chocolate covered whole grain pretzels) you could assemble a nutritional variety better than that ingested by many folks on this planet.

271. Patti Sherman says:

When my kids were small and I would complain to the pediatrician that they ate poorly..his answer was let them eat ice cream. I would say that it was good enough coming from the doctor

272. ida says:

YOU HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT VARIETYS THAT YOU COULD A DIFFERENT KIND EACH MEAL EVERY DAY FOR A WHILE AND NOT GET TIRED OF IT IF YOU WERE TRING TO LIVE OFF OF ICE CREAM

273. SUE BRODERICK says:

my grandson is three yrs.old and loves your strawberry ice cream. when we try to give him any thing else he insist on strawberry please don’t stop making this item. thank you

274. Dan says:

I sure would love to try!

275. patty rhodes says:

Happy Fourth of July!!!!! This is our time to celebrate our country’s birth. Let’s celebrate with our favorite ice cream, TurkeyHill, and go living our lives as free americans and appreciate what we as a people stand for. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! thank you

276. Mozes Poole says:

Happy 4th of Julyice Cream to every American!!!! I remember as a child waiting all day for the fire Works to start because My mother and father would take off as soon as they started and would come back with Ice Cream for me and all my brothers and sisters and we would sit and watch the fireworks, trying to save the last bit for the grand finale. I now do the same for my daughter. what a tridition
    Ice Cream and fire works

277. Bob J says:

God Bless America. God Bless Turkey Hill. God Bless Everyone. Happy Fourth.

278. Joanne Yurso says:

Just tried the limited edition Peaches and Cream flavor. It’s the best!!! What could spell summer better than that flavor of ice cream!

279. Joanne Yurso says:

We just tried the limited edition Peaches and Cream ice cream flavor. Wow!

280. ELSIE says:

Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We all scream for ice cream! What better way to celebrate America’s 4th, than with ‘Party Cake’.

281. Diane says:

America = baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Turkey Hill Ice Cream!

282. Richard Geier says:

Peaches and Cream–what a dream–COME TRUE!!

It sure would be fun to try it for a few days! My daughter came home with a recipe for avocado ice cream–that would be good for you–wouldn’t it?

284. Claudia M says:

Happy 4th of July !!!

285. Claudia M says:

can’t have a 4th july without Turkey Hill ice cream :)

286. satcphile1 says:

Peanutbutter cup for breakfast and cookie dough for dinner. Sounds balanced to me.

287. Elise says:

I think ice cream is a good way to get the calcium you need as part of the recommended daily allowance so in that respect, the ice cream diet would be great!

288. JOANNE says:

My philosphy professors will love this: I could not live without ice cream!

289. Linda says:

They say man cannot live by ice cream alone! So, i’ll have mine with some whipped cream & nuts!

290. Shelly says:

Plain Chocolate is my favorite, but I can handle anything as long as there is chocolate in it….

291. Mitzi Hunter says:

Looks so-o-o-o-o good at 8:40 am. Never tried it. I LOVE ice cream! Ill be looking for it now. Looks like great old fashioned hand dipped creamy goodness. Cant wait!!

292. dee says:

Turkey Ice Cream each day
    Keeps the hot flashes at bay!

293. mary says:

yes, i could just live on ice cream

294. Marlene Radloff says:

I love Turkey Hill Ice Cream.. Chocolate is my favorite…YUM!!!

I also would like to try ice cream just once for breakfast. Love all flavors.

296. Nancy says:

Of course I can eat ice cream morning,noon & Night, I’m an icecreamaholic!!! Can’t wait to try Double Dunker!!!

297. christie says:

maybe for a week or so but I look so forward to my special ice cream days

298. robin servais says:

Chunks of peanut butter in chocolate ice cream is my favorite flavor

299. Kay Lane says:

Yes, you can live on ice cream. My grandmother, who lived in a nursing home, ate chocolate ice cream every day for over 4 years – sometimes this was all she ate that day and she lived to be 95.

300. Wende Nagy says:

Anyone who knows me knows I am an icecreamaholic!!! MUST HAVE ICECREAM EVERY DAY!!! ALWAYS AT LEAST 2-4 HALF GALLONS IN SMALL FREEZER!!! KEEP COMING WITH THE NEW FLAVORS TURKEY HILL!!!

301. Faith Beebe says:

I LOVE ALL flavors of TURKEY HILL ice cream. Turkey Hill has always been my favorite.

Ice cream–an extremely important food group!

303. Keith says:

Happy times today, going food shopping and picking up my two containers of Turkey Hill Ice Cream. One will be Chocolate Chip Mint, the other Chocolate Marshmallow.

304. Keith says:

Late night dinner when my wife is working really late is a bowl full of Turkey Hill Ice Cream. It’s a meal I’m always satisfied with.

305. Bert says:

I know man can’t live on love alone. Ice cream??? Maybe.

306. Suzanne Luxbacher says:

My daughter moved to Lancaster, PA 7 yrs ago and my family was introduced to Turkey Hill ice cream. We fell in love with it. I was sorry that we could not find it in Pittsburgh. But shortly there after, the Turkey Hill cow came to town. He traveled everywhere.The local grocery store began to carry the products and our long distance romance with Turkey Hill ice cream changed and we are always able have it in our freezer It is a love affair forever and the miles will no longer keep us apart.

307. Dara Woolley says:

We just love turkey hill ice cream at my house 3 kids all like different flavors so its an ice cream smorgasbord at my house…happy ice cream month!!

308. Karol says:

Turkey Hill Dairy is one of this state’s greatest assets… the rest of the country doesn’t know (yet ) what they are missing out on….ok turkey hill lovers let’s unite & get the word out !!!!!!!!

309. Debbie L says:

Best “diet” I’ve ever heard of. Everything in moderation I say!

310. Ann says:

I would imagine one could live on TH ice cream. After all they have fruit and dairy products. One can live without meat and vegetables!

311. Marlene Radloff says:

Not only do we love Turkey Hill Dairy ice cream because it tastes so good, we’re crazy about the unique name of the company. It has a historical and catchy name making it fun to reveal the container while it’s being served whenever we entertain!!

312. Marlene Radloff says:

Not only do we love Turkey Hill Dairy ice cream for it’s great taste, we love the name of the company too. The name is unique, historical and catchy making it a “must” to reveal the container while serving the ice cream to our guests whenever we entertain!!

313. The Dairy Princes says:

Hey, don’t baby cows live on ice cream? Well minus the fruit and sugar.I know you CAN live on ice cream for at least a week. I’ve done it. In fact drinking water, and eating nothing but a qt and a half of ice cream every day was how I lost more than 30 pounds. For three months I ate nothing but ice cream and vegetarian thin crust pizza. One day pizza, the next day ice cream. Fun diet! I enjoy foods made with REAL stuff like milk, cream, sugar, eggs. Some of my favorite flavors are Strawberry cheesecake, chocolate, peach, and cherry vanilla. Total calories consumed daily between 1200 and 1400. Still losing but now including a prenatal vitamin. No, I’m not pregnant. :)

314. Salmann says: