INTRODUCING TURKEY HILL’S “TURKEY DAY TRIPLE FUDGE” (AKA “PROJECT NINE”)

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on March 31st, 2010

Over the past 30 years, Turkey Hill has created a variety of new ice cream and frozen dessert products, but the one we’re about to unveil here is without a doubt our most unusual flavor yet. After many months of research and testing, Turkey Hill Dairy is proud to announce a new fall Limited Edition super premium ice cream flavor called “Turkey Day Triple Fudge.”

Turkey Day Triple Fudge is designed to take the best parts of Thanksgiving dinner and unite them in a very rich, creamy, frosty dessert. It does that by combining super premium chocolate ice cream with morsels of real turkey covered in dark chocolate swirled with sweet potato, chocolate fudge and cranberry sauce. Yes, you read that right – it contains real turkey and a sweet potato swirl.

Before you scoff at the thought of poultry in your ice cream, you should know that many people here at Turkey Hill Dairy thought the same thing when the idea was first discussed in our quarterly new product development meeting last summer. As many of may know, unusual ice cream ingredients – including meat – have been popular in Asian ice cream flavors for many years. Recently, the trend has made successful appearances in certain European ice cream shops and Turkey Hill Dairy is happy to introduce the concept here in the United States.

Yes, it’s a bold move, but if our own ice cream guru, Ernie, likes it, you know it’s got to be good. Ernie has been quoted as saying the flavor can “turn a vegetarian into a meat lover, one scoop at a time!” (Speaking of Ernie, some of you may be wondering why Turkey Day Triple Fudge was given the internal codename “Nine,” as revealed in Ernie’s blog entry earlier this month. The reason was because in initial consumer focus group testing, the new flavor received a score of nine out of 10 in taste, which is a very high ranking!)

Tags: , , , ,

102 Responses to “INTRODUCING TURKEY HILL’S “TURKEY DAY TRIPLE FUDGE” (AKA “PROJECT NINE”)”

1. Evan Thomas says:

Oh my God

2. Kristen says:

Nice! I won’t even need to cook this year. I’ll just buy that.

3. pamela says:

You are a little early for April Fools aren’t you?

THIS IS ONE FLAVOR I WON’T BE BUYING. YUCK.
    DID BUY MY 2 FAVORITES TODAY THOUGH, FUDGE SWIRL AND BLACK CHERRY. NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL GOOD ICE CREAM.

5. Sheila says:

April Fools is tomorrow!!

6. Adrian says:

Oops, one day too soon!

7. Debbie says:

I’m not to sure what to think about this one. It’s so weird! I guess I’ll just have to try it. Nine out of ten is pretty good odds.

Turkey Day Triple Fudge may be the correct name, but the flavor description and packaging are definitely bogus. C’mon! The name wouldn’t make sense if the components were really turkey, cranberry and sweet potato. Why call it Triple Fudge?
    I almost fell for it!! And the package art? Yecch!!

9. CMC says:

It sounds intriguing – even if it is only in jest! Happy April Fool’s Day!

10. Amanda says:

REALLY!!!!???? This can’t be real guys. I am in South Korea so it’s April Fools Day here!!!

11. Carol Triano says:

Ah, what decadence….can’t wait to try this…sad that I have to wait until late October, but I will mark my calendar!

12. Susan says:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!! TO YOU TOO!

13. Lorraine says:

Not sure about this one/

14. Greg M says:

Robin: triple fudge: super premium chocolate ice cream … covered in dark chocolate … chocolate fudge.

It does sound a bit weird, but when you think about it, the only weird part is the turkey. People eat cranberry desserts and sweet potato in desserts such as pies all the time. I guess it’s no more weird than dark chocolate covered espresso beans (yech).

15. Diane Waldo says:

April Fool’s! At least I fervently hope so…

16. Jeanne says:

Aren’t you a little early for April Fools?

Sorry but I may have to pass. Are you sure we’re ready for this one?

18. debbie f says:

Hope this is an April Fool’s Joke…if not…I’m game to try it

19. jonibee says:

Talk about turkey icecream,,this is pure stuffing and you’re full of it…gotta get up before the cows on this one..An April Fools joke if I have ever heard one…ha ha!

20. Janet Pereira says:

Boy does this sound delicious! I will have to try it as soon as I see it on the shelves at the Supermarket.

21. Mary Gropp says:

What no greenbean casserole? April Fools!

22. jilly says:

i’m wondering who’ll get the piece that went over the fence last….gobble gobble….lol

23. mimi says:

Turkey in Ice cream??….I don’t think so!

24. kathleen says:

good one april fools to you too. you guys crack me up.

25. Bill says:

I can’t believe that they drop Peppermint Stick Ice Cream and then make this trash

26. jeannine leonard says:

April’s fool to turkey hill ha ha ha

27. Leona Plouffe says:

Sorry,but I like my turkey with mashed potatoes,stuffing,etc.,not in my ice cream. Don’t think I’ll try this one.

28. Jacqueline Seewald says:

I also like my turkey with potatoes veggies and cranberry sauce. I prefer ice cream for dessert.

29. Maryann Striff says:

No way, gross, I don’t think so! Ice cream with things in it should be like Rocky Road!!!

30. Charles Hoover says:

Too early for APRIL FOOL must be everyday B.S. (similar to security words)

31. Peggy Cramer says:

HaHaHa…something is missing. It ain’t Turkey Day without gravy! And stuffing!

32. Ann says:

Well, I guess that you folks at TH have finally found a combination that I do not believe I will try!

Thanksgiving dinner all rolled into a bowl of ice cream. Can we say seconds please!

34. Sheryl says:

YES,YES,YES !!!!!!!!! so looking forward to this !!!!!!! thank you —thank you !!!!!!!

35. Sheryl says:

I really mean it !!!! I can’t wait to try it–hope the Detroit area gets it-thank you !!!!

36. Craig Kurtz says:

It may be spring and warm out but Turkeys are out in the fields sunning themselves. Bring on the ice cream now and it would still be a hit mmmmmmm

37. sandy c, corry,pa says:

I can’t see why it would not be good, every ingredient is good and the are all served together so i bet it will be good, i’m willing to try it,but here in Corry,Pa they won’t try anything new so I will just have to take everyones word for it,, sorry!

38. Ken says:

I love your ice cream!

At first I couldn’t believe this flavor. Turkey Hill has never done something like this before – why start now. Why even talk about it so early? I agree with the many other comments – an early April Fool’s joke.

Sounds exotic. I’m ready to try it.

41. Cindy Youtzy says:

Turkey Hill had not made an ice cream yet that was not delicious. Why should this be any different???

42. Darcy F. says:

Sorry…I’m a vegetarian (and I’d probably be a vegan if it weren’t for TH ice cream!!)…maybe someone else in my family would like it

43. Arvella says:

I love all the ingredients, but I am not sure about it cold and mixed together. This should be interesting. Happy eating!

44. Elise says:

I am eager to try it, as I love all the foods that are in it and because I love to try new things! I agree that Turkey Hill has great products!

45. Lauren says:

I’m really curious about whether this is real or an April Fool’s joke… It’s a day early, but who knows?

46. judi says:

Ha-ha! Actually, I’d like to try it, April Fool or not. BTW, not fair to fool early so I guess this is for real.

47. Fred V says:

THIS IS JUST WRONG !! APRIL FOOL`S ? I HOPE SO !!!!!!

48. Russ says:

I would have to try it, but it sounds strange.

49. Peggy says:

Let the Asians have it. I like chocolate. p-nutbutter & nuts in my ice cream. If you still have time to change your mind – do it. EEEW – it makes me shiver.

50. Ginni Anne says:

Project Thirteen….Tasty, delicately seasoned meatball chunks lightly blended with tomato marinara swirled into a lovely, musky red merlot flavored ice cream. Mama Mia!
    April Fools!

51. […] jaw dropped when this ice cream creation popped up on my Google […]

52. marion says:

I really wish that you would be joking, but sadly I think that you are serious. I wouldn’t expect this to have any measure of success. I won’t be buying it, that’s for sure!

53. Lynda says:

Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year so I can not wait till this ice cream hits my store so I can get some. Your ice cream is always the best, looking forward to my first scoop of Turkey Day ice cream.
    Happy Thanksgiving-

Congrats to Turkey Hill for being innovative! I would certainly like to try this although chocolate is not my favorite flavor.

55. Charles Marino says:

I love living on the edge and pushing the envelope, but too far over for me. I hope this is a joke.

56. Yvonne says:

No doubt about it – April Fool!

57. nancy p says:

i am an ice cream guru–love turkey hill—but no turkey in my ice cream!!sorry, but will not buy this fowl flavor!!!!!!

58. Carol Y says:

I don’t think so! April Fool!

No your kidding right? April fool’s day is tomorrow! Not a flavor I would enjoy but I hope those who do will enjoy! :)

60. LB says:

Yikes!!!

61. Lydia says:

Sounds really chocolaty probably good but it does nothing for me,

62. Lois Sidelnick says:

What’s next? hot dogs, hamburgs for the bar-b-que season? Ham for Easter? Come on, don’t ruin a good product. I will pass.

63. Nancy N says:

I don’t think I can eat this one!

64. gianna says:

the “flying” turkey legs and “canned” cranberry sauce pictured on the package are not very appetizing…IF this is for real you are going to have to come up with a better representation on the carton! (and why no pic of a sweet potato on the package?) LOL! ;)

not this time

66. Stephanie Hanz says:

Well, I don’t know whether or not I will like it, but I’ll give it a try.

67. Jennifer says:

If this is for real, I think it would be a real waste of time and money. I can’t see many people buying this flavor. Yuck!

68. Harriet G. says:

Sounds good, however I would not eat it. Since I keep kosher, I do not mix meat with dairy.

69. Emilia says:

If this is for real I will definitely try it because it is just too unusual not to. It will be disappointing if this is an April Fool’s joke. But, really, how the heck would you market this thing?????????

Chocolate covered turkey-you’ve got to be kidding! The combination sounds disgusting-You better start giving out free samples ’cause I don’t think too many people are buying it.

71. Heather says:

as long as the cone is made out of cornbread stuffing!!

72. Joseph says:

Not sure what to think of it???

73. JACKIE AREIAS says:

PLEASR KEEP THEM SEPERATE. I MAY WANT SECOND HELPINGS.BUT NOTOF EVERYING. I GUESS IT MAY TASTE OK. CAUSE EVERY THING .”T .H ” MAKES IS GOOD.HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE.

74. alicelynne says:

I’m “game!”

75. Theresa says:

This has got to be an April Fool’s joke. That ice cream sounds disgusting!

76. Bruce Schmeck says:

Yeah, April fools to you too.

77. millie buzzone says:

triple fudge with turkey no way but have seen kelly ripa try some nutty stuff on the show might try it

78. Jane M says:

Happy April’s Fool Day. Putting meat with a possibility of salmonella poisioning – come on now.

79. […] just one day, our new “Turkey Day Triple Fudge” flavor has received a lot of feedback here on the Ice Cream Journal, mostly due to the fact that […]

80. Peggy M says:

Good April Fools’s joke!! Just can’t believe so many people think it’s for real. It will be funny in Nov. when some people will be asking their stores if they are getting it in for the Holiday.

81. Tina says:

No Thank You I love Turkey Hill ice cream but not this one..April Fools to you too..

82. Gerard says:

I would have given this a try…lol

83. jay says:

Where’s the cranberry ice cream

84. Janelle says:

great joke, must admit i would have tasted though!

85. Ron says:

Happy April Fools Day to all at TH. If this is real, I’m just gonna have to pass on this one! However the more I think about candied bacon ice cream, the more I want to make it.

86. jo says:

thanks th, for helping to make life a little more cheereful in this day and age by making your delicious ice cream….and that was a great April Fool’s on us! by the way, the carton is attractive.

87. Linda says:

If this isn’t a April Fool’s Day joke, it should be. Who in their right mind (Ernie,this includes you!)would introduce this weird concoction on 4/1?
    If by chance, it’s a new flavor, I won’t be giving it a “chance”!

88. brenda says:

All I can say is no thank you Turkey Hill. Just give me my all ice cream. No Meat Please. I know this is a Joke. I am a true Turkey Hill fans for many years.

89. Marcy says:

Some April food joke!

90. mary frey says:

HOPE TOO TRY IT SOON

91. Jennifer Barr says:

yuck

92. Peggy says:

OMG THAT SOUNDS DISGUSTING! I eat ice cream…(actually frozen yogurt or fat free)….I wouldn’t mix any part of my dinner with it or in it. Turkey & sweet potatoes??? UGH! Who comes up with this stuff???? LOL

93. […] just one day, our new “Turkey Day Triple Fudge” flavor has received a lot of feedback here on the Ice Cream Journal, mostly due to the fact that […]

94. Diana says:

dang!…it was an April Fool’s joke?…i see jellied cranberry sauce on the carton…EVERYTHING tastes better with cranberry sauce!!!…i would def have tried this “new flavor”…sounds soooooo yummy!!!!!

95. Mickey Ulrich says:

Everything tastes better when it is smothered in TURKEY HILL ICECREAM!!!!

96. Dianne B says:

Triple fudge is a meal unto itself. Protein and carbos all rolled into one.

97. Barbara Evans says:

Almost anything goes these days, so I’m not surprised that many TH lovers fell for the joke. Did you know that Ben & Jerry put out beer-flavored ice cream for a while? I haven’t seen it lately, though. It was called Black & Tan and, while it didn’t contain any beer, half of it tasted like ale (the other half was chocolate). Oops! Did I mention Ben & Jerry on Turkey Hill’s website? Sorry!

98. Lisa says:

Wow, some people would actually try it, if it were real. Yikes!

99. MISS MIA PEREZ says:

I think that even though it was an April
    Fool’s Day Joke—it may have been something worth trying! Have you EVER done or even thought of GARLIC ice cream??? I have tasted it and it was amazingly good!!!! You might be playing a prank, but I think you are doing research for something “possible” GO FOR IT AND BREAK THE RULES—-BY THE WAY ARE YOU HIRING? I HAVE MANY RECIPES!!!!! IT WOULD MAKE YOU STAND OUT—ABOVE AND BEYOND THE OTHERS!!! Contact me at: miavas17@gmail.com Thank you, Mia Perez

100. […] won’t spoil the surprise here, so get check out the blog entry […]

101. […] just one day, our new “Turkey Day Triple Fudge” flavor has received a lot of feedback here on the Ice Cream Journal, mostly due to the fact that […]

102. […] Turkey Day Triple Fudge will be available wherever Turkey Hill ice cream is sold beginning in late October and will likely remain on shelves through December. If sales are strong enough, we may consider making it a year-round permanent part of the Turkey Hill ice cream line-up! Posted by GoldBalloon @ 4:52 pm :: Uncategorized Comment RSS […]