ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT ICE CREAM!

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on June 24th, 2010

We’d be seriously delinquent in our ice cream loving duties if we didn’t take some time to remind everyone about the upcoming 12th Annual Super Scooper All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival at Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia on July 3rd, 4th and 5th.

The festival will be held from noon to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The admission price is ONLY $5.00 per person. On Saturday, July 3rd, the festival will also be open from 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. to coincide with the free concert and fireworks taking place on the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing. All proceeds benefit the Joshua Kahan Fund to fight pediatric leukemia and the Children’s Hospital Oncology Division. (More details here.)

Over 20 different ice cream and water ice companies will be on hand to dispense their delicious wares, including Turkey Hill. We’re not sure what else you could be doing on that weekend, but the chance to attend an all-you-can-eat ice cream festival for only five bucks AND help out a very worthy cause seems like the best thing you could possibly do!

One of the cool things about the festival is that you get each scoop of ice cream in a new dish and it’s customary for attendees to stack their dishes up and carry them around while they sample various flavors. Sort of the like the gentleman below, who ate 40 scoops at last year’s festival!

55 Responses to “ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT ICE CREAM!”

1. Sandy C, Corry,Pa says:

Sounds great but it is too far to go for ice cream, I hope I can find somwone to buy me one here.

2. marion says:

I’ve been to some Turkey Hill Ice Cream Festivals in Lancaster and had a grand time consuming ice cream until I was ready to puke on my shoes.

3. Bonnie Traher says:

Oh wow. Would love to be there but no go.

4. Jean Marie says:

Anybody ever had the Bronx Bomber Sundae? It’s very good

5. jilly says:

cant wait…had 7 cup’s last time…money towards a good cause…

6. Ellen says:

I’d love to be there but unfortunately Philadelphia is to far away for a day trip. I’ll be there in spirit though.

7. Carol Y says:

Sounds like a dream come true!

This is an ice cream lover’s holiday. I wish I could be there.

9. Andilu says:

Oh boy, that just sounds like the funnest day ever!!

10. mary frey says:

YES, SOUND S WONDERFUL, LOTS OF ICE CREAM

11. Jeffrey says:

I could do some serious damage to an all you can eat ice cream adventure. I only wish you were staging a version of this in Columbus.

I have been waiting all year for this,
    finally it is here, yippie.

13. alicelynne says:

Thank you for supporting this fundraiser…I’d be there everyday if I could!

I’m sure the line will be the longest at the Turkey Hill stand – wish I could be there.

15. lori says:

sounds wonderful!

What a great way to raise money! :)

17. Sheila says:

I really, really wish I could be there!!!

18. jonibee says:

Can you AirMail me some? Looks Yummy!

It would be great for me if you could move this festival closer to Washington DC. I would enjoy the ice cream for an entree as well as for dessert. I enjoy any all you can eat anything.

20. Stefanie says:

This festival sounds so good and I wish it was in my town!

21. Arvella says:

Ahhhhhh. Paradise!!!!! Thanks for the reminder. Go Turkey Hill!! Great Cause, Thanks.

22. Harriet G says:

Sounds like fun. I wish it was near to where I live.

23. Stephanie Hanz says:

Picture looks lovely.

24. CAROL TRIANO says:

Sounds like a really fun day, but live too far away to attend. I hope everyone that does attend has a great time and have an extra scoop for me!!

25. millie buzzone says:

wish i could go live to far away

26. Ken says:

I love your ice cream!

27. karen says:

sounds like a GREAT festival! too bad it is in another state.noticed the single servings cups iin some stores in NC. yeah!

28. Alexa says:

sure wish I could be there

29. Tricia Ostermann says:

I’m now seriously thinking about hopping on a train to PA…that’s just too good to miss!!

30. Jan Cis says:

Sounds great but I can’t get there that weekend, I’ll be having a party of my own for my granddaughter who turns 13. Turkey Hill will be at that party also.

31. brenda says:

Good Morning To all of turkey hill fans, I love your ice cream, now only if you can win one of your prizes I will be one happy happy ice cream person. Can’t make it …no car

32. Peggy M says:

Wow – Philadelphia is the place to be for the the 4th of July. Sounds like ice cream heaven and I envy those who live close enough to attend.
    Enjoy and I hope you raise a lot of money for such a worthy cause.

You scream! I scream! We all scream for All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream! You just can’t beat Philly on the 4th of July (week end)

34. Lorraine says:

That is so Cool to do that.

35. Jane M says:

Great way to raise money. Good luck!

36. QUINT REITZEL says:

great deal-that is the cost of a container of TH ice cream here in Virginia Beach, Va. I do not think there is 40 scoops in a container

37. Jeannie says:

Live just across the river – might cross the bridge and check out this all-you-can-eat ice cream festival,and possibly bring my daughter who’ll be visiting from out of town !!

My husband has to work that day, but I’ll try to send my son in my place!

39. Lois Sidelnick says:

Too far away, but I would if I could. Guess I’ll eat mine right here.

40. Pat H. Daniel says:

I loved the Ice cream festival. All the water Ice and all the Ice cream you can eat for $5.00 is still a good deal. I could only eat about 4 1/2 of delicious scoops.

41. sue hieber says:

wish i could be there, can you hold one in wichita, ks? call me

42. Elise says:

Wow this sounds like my kind of event! Thanks for the info! Happy 4th of July & National Ice Cream Month!

43. JEFF says:

What is the Cost of Living in that area of Penn? It just might be worth moving there for the Ice Cream Festival. I’m sure that they do not have take out orders? If there’s Turkey Hill Iced Tea to wash it down, I would have to consider driving distance and cost. ONLY $5.00, are they too generous? I would honestly pay more, especially for charity. Talk about a great thing to sponser. It has to make all involved feel great. KUDOS.

44. Rita says:

I live in Michigan but oh how I wish I could attend they would have to put my kids and I out for eating all the Ice Cream

45. Doug says:

Maybe TH will sponsor another contest where they will bring a modified ice cream festival to the winners’ neighborhood or workplace?
    I’d love to be the first to enter that contest!!!!

46. JUDY says:

Wow I am 3000 miles away and very jealous.

47. denise lee says:

Excellent affair..I will be there!

48. Eric B.From says:

i have all you can eat ice cream festival every weekend with my Turkey Hill flavors.Thanks!

49. Linda Nelson and Bruce Stevens says:

Bruce and I are addicted to Turkey Hill ice cream, and we’re within driving distance from Lancaster Co. (We’re in CT) Bruce is an on-air radio talent and has frequently delivered verbal blogs about my sincere and dedicated love of Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate. His listeners have responded in kind with their favorites. There’s a real Love Fest here that you didn’t know about!
    Do you have factory tours? I have a birthday coming up, and a road trip for ice cream is just what I need!

Linda in CT

50. Ken says:

I really love your ice cream!

Thank you for the reminder Turkey Hill! I’m near Philly and will try to get to Penn’s Landing.
    While I love chocolate, vanilla is definitely better choice for topping other foods like pies and cookies.

52. Steve Bodkin says:

I could definitely do a lot more than $5 damage to the Penn’s Landing ice cream supply. And to spoon it in for a good cause like fighting pediatric leukemia—all the better!

53. Sarah Yannes says:

Me and my siblings will definitely be there on Monday. We we’re rowing in the Independence Day Regatta and after we went to see if it was open but we were there at 10. We decided to get the full effect on Monday.

54. Mrs K says:

Oh, what fun! To bad we’ll miss it. We like to eat ice cream, especially Turkey Hill ice cream. :)

55. Lauren says:

Well, I meant to comment on here *before* the Ice Cream Festival about how excited I was to hear about it, but I didn’t have a chance to until now. Anyway, I currently live 5 1/2 hours from Philly, but I was going to be in town for the 4th, so I made sure I set aside time to go to the Festival! I was happy to donate to cancer research – and looking forward to the ice cream and water ice, too, of course! Unfortunately, the Festival was so crowded and unorganized that I only got to eat 2 scoops of ice cream and 1 scoop of water ice in about an hour’s time! Hundreds of people were packed under a relatively tiny tent pushing and shoving into even tighter clusters by each table with ice cream or water ice. At the front of each cluster, there tended to be a few people eating ice cream and then taking more, blocking everyone else from getting anything and from moving anywhere. Thankfully, one of the ice cream scoops I did get to eat was Turkey Hill, which made me a little happy. (I went right to one of the Turkey Hill tables first!) I hope that the Festival logistics can be improved in the future. My suggestions – exit/enter lines at each table to help direct the massive crowd, signs posted above each table with what flavors are there to help even more, having scoopers encourage guests to move away from tables once they have gotten ice cream or water ice, and more scoopers and more space if at all possible.