WHAT IS THE PERFECT BANANA SPLIT?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on August 26th, 2010

Banana splits have been on our mind all day, since yesterday was National Banana Split Day. The celebration may have been marked on yesterday’s calendar, but it has reminded us that maybe every day should be celebrated with a perfect banana split.

This treat allows any ice cream fan to be dazzled by its goodness because you can put whatever you want in it. Whether it’s the traditional Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry ice cream topped with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry or all scoops of Rocky Road covered in gooey fudge and nuts, you name it, you can have it. But of course, don’t forget the banana!

This brings up a good question: What is the perfect banana split? Submit to us your favorite banana split recipe.

45 Responses to “WHAT IS THE PERFECT BANANA SPLIT?”

1. jilly says:

the perfect split is when i’m sharing one with a friend who has a smaller spoon than me…..lol

2. Alexa says:

that is truly mouth watering

3. Jeanne says:

The perfect one is the one that is being enjoyed by the person or persons who made it…bet you can’t top this…

Indulge!

5. carol triano says:

banana, three scoops of banana split Turkey Hill ice cream, covers all the flavors and chocolate syrup lightly on top with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry!! Of course then a friend to share with!!!!

6. cholocate coffee ice cream with all the fixings and someone to share it with you

7. Stefanie says:

I like a banana split with strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, some hot fudge, whipped cream and a few cherries. So good!

Split the banana down the middle, obviously, and add three scoops of ice cream, Vanilla, Chocolate and Strwaberry, add choclate sauce, sprinkle nuts , add whipped cream and top with a cherry.

9. Carol Y says:

The perfect banana split is one banana, scoop each of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream, and ANYTHING else and as much of it that can fit in the dish! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ralph smith says:

The Best Banana Split is sold at the Ice Cream Shack in Taneytown, MD. Only it’s called the Ravens Bowl. It has seven (7) flavors of ice cream ( hand dipped)and seven toppings. You pick your flavors and your toppings. Believe me it is fantastic.

I haven’t had a real banana split for years, other than Turkey Hill’s in a carton. I always liked the chocolate with pineapple, vanilla with strawberries and strawberry ice cream with chocolate. Skip the whipped cream, but keep the marchino cherry or cherries!

12. Earl Reppert says:

Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream toppped with hot fudge sauce, malt, cashews, whipped cream, cherry. HHHHHMMMMM GOOD!!!!!

13. Jean Marie says:

The perfect Banana Split would have all the fixings on. You name it, it has. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!!

14. jonibee says:

This brings back many memories of having a Banana Split in the special dish,three types of yummy icecream, a choice of chocalate sauce, strawberries in their liquid, whipped cream, topped with nuts or pineapple (crushed) and the cherries on top of everything. It was like Ambrosia from the Gods!

15. Lilly says:

All vanilla ice cream – pineapple on one scoop – strawberries on one scoop – cherry topping on one scoop. Topped w/ crushed almonds,bananas slices all around.
    cherries – hot fudge syrup and cool whip.

YUM

16. Cynthia says:

The best Banana Split starts with dipping the bananas in chocolate, then one scoop of vanilla bean,strawberries-n-cream, and chocolate ice cream. Drizzle with hot fudge and caramel sauce. Top with chocolate covered peanuts with a little whipped cream. Skip the cherries.

17. Jacqueline Seewald says:

That sure sounds good! My husband is thrilled when I make him a banana split. I could do without carmel sauce thought. Hot fudge is what I want, and walnut topping, not peanuts.

18. Cheryl says:

I used to enjoy banana splits until I developed an allergy to bananas but if I could eat one now, I think I’d like it to have two scoops of chocolate ice cream and a scoop of coffee ice cream in the middle. Instead of syrup poured over it I think I would like to try honey and of course, some whipped cream.

ripe bananas, not hard, vanilla, chocolate and peach ice cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and pineapple syrup and mountains of whipped cream with 3 cherries, one on each mountain. of course I will share this and I love the thought of giving the other person the smaller spoon. all these other suggestions are super too, like nuts and honey but the best is when it all melts into the banana and makes a great blend.

20. Caroline of Manalapan says:

I go with Norma, “Banana, any T.H. chocolate ice cream combo, chopped nuts, repeat three times, and top with real whip cream!” but I would also drown it with hot chocolate fudge

This is from Wikipedia: In its classic form it is served in a long dish called a boat. A banana is cut in half lengthwise (hence the split) and laid in the dish. The classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream (Turkey Hill, of course) served in a row between the split banana. Pineapple topping is spooned over the strawberry ice cream, chocolate syrup over the vanilla, and strawberry topping over the chocolate. It is garnished with crushed nuts, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries.

22. Arvella says:

I haven’t had a banana split in a long time. I just watched a Kenny Rogers movie (Old, but good) and the one boy got a banana split while everyone else got choc. chip cones. It sounded so good, so I would have to have my: split banana, T. H. chocolate marshmallow, vanilla bean and strawberry ice cream. It would be topped with pineapple, hot fudge, and strawberry(I Love strawberry)
    and sprinkled with walnuts, topped with whipped cream and cherry.

23. debbie f. says:

I’m not a traditional banana split eater….I would love to try Earl’s banana split…thanks for the idea

24. Donna Joyce says:

Three scoops of Vanilla Bean, each one topped with Caramel, Strawberry and Hot Fudge….One Half split banana on each side….let’s not forget the chocolate jimmies, chopped nuts and M&M pieces! Lastly, but never leastly, three gigantic heaps of whipped cream (one for each mound)…Mmmmmm

25. Lorraine says:

The Perfect Banana Split has alot of stuff on it, and especially, alot of Whip Cream on it, this one needs some help today on here, HA……..

It looks so good I need one now

MMM MMM good! that split looks delcious! :)

28. Harriet G. says:

The perfect banana split for me would look like the one in the picture minus the nuts,

29. Eileen says:

Ah what memories! I used to work in an ice cream shop and I have served up more banana splits then I care to remember. I worked in Buxtons back in the day and if MY memory erves me..the price was a mere $1.25! So many combinations…so little time!

30. JACKIE AREIAS says:

ANY FLAVOR OF T.H AND THE FIXIN’S WOULD MAKE A EXCELLENT B.S BUT TRY AND FIND BANANAS THAT DON’T TURN TO MUSH. BY THE TIME I BRING THEM HOME FROM THE STORE THEY HAVE STARTED TO TURN.I HAVE TRYED BAGS,REFRIGERATOR, RACKS YOU NAME IT. HOPE TO BE ABLE TO TRY A T.H. B.S SOON

31. artemis says:

my banana spilt would have hot fudge drizzed on it!! any flavor or flavors would do..yummy creamy banana’s with cold icecream!!!

32. Lois Sidelnick says:

Celebrated National banana=split day at our Sr. Center, bananas, ice cream, vanilla-chocolate-strawberry, whipped cream, cherries and lots of other toppings all out on the counter for each to make their own. Wow! such concoctions that were whipped up. Yummy

Turkey Hill Banana Split ice cream with extra chocolate syrup and strawberry sauce–whipped cream, nuts and a couple of cherries. Yum, yum!

34. brenda brooks says:

Hi turkey hill fans,
    Turkey Hill banana Split ice cream I love it but, Please hold the nuts.

35. Marcy says:

Any flavors will do, as long as their Turkey Hill ice cream!

36. nancy says:

banana: dipped in chocolate and covered in chopped nuts, 3 scoops vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, cherry and sprinkles!!!!!

37. lucy says:

1/2 banana, 1 small scoop vanilla ice cream, topped with pinapple, with a small dollop of whipped cream, some chopped nuts and a cherry.

38. Banana Boat says:

The perfect Banana Boat (as we call it at the BANANA BOAT) is 4 flavors of ice cream, chocolate syrup drizzled across the 4 flavors of ice cream, big scoop of juicy red strawberries tucked in the middle, tid bits and crushed pineapples at the tip of the boat and the back of the boat, delicious homemade whipped cream and 2 cherries and walnuts…Oh ya do not forget the American Flag to sail away!!!Delicious!!!

39. jake says:

dont forget the rootbeer!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. […] to make like a banana and split, laters lovelies! Share this:TwitterFacebookGoogleLike this:Like Loading… This entry was posted […]

41. Norm Ballard says:

The perfect Banana Split is the one sitting in front of me.

42. Norm Ballard says:

The Perfect Banana Split is the on sitting in front of me.