ICE CREAM FACT #50: THAT’S A LOT OF FLAVORS!

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on July 7th, 2011

The Heladeria Coromodo ice cream shop in Merida, Venezuela holds the world record for the most varieties of ice cream (over 800 and counting). Not all flavors are available every day, but highlights include “smoked trout-flavored ice cream and tuna ice cream, along with shrimp, squid, ham and cheese, meat, whiskey, beer, champagne, wine, crab, rice, pumpkin, roses, black beans, ginger, asparagus, chili, spaghetti and cheese, garlic and corn.”

By the way, the answer to Tuesday’s question – What percentage of people admit to sharing their ice cream with their pets? – is 5 percent. That number seems a little low to us!

Don’t forget, we’re celebrating National Ice Cream Month by giving away a free container of Turkey Hill ice cream every day to one commenter chosen at random, so feel free to comment as often as you’d like!

72 Responses to “ICE CREAM FACT #50: THAT’S A LOT OF FLAVORS!”

now I have to go back to Venezuela for about 400 days to try all the different flavors, 2per day. when I was in Italy, I tried every flavor I could of their ice creams, but I only had 8 days.
    looks like turkey hill will have to try harder.

2. Will Denne says:

Ice cream flavored with meat, fish or vegetables doesn’t seem palatable. Fruits and nuts fill the bill.

I had an idea, beans and franks, then we would have our dinner and dessert together.

4. Will Denne says:

Give me burgundy cherry, peach or coconut-pineapple and I’m a happy camper. Pistachio is also more than OK.

5. Sheila says:

Sorry, but most of those flavors sound really gross! The only ones I would try are ginger, champagne & wine!

6. Vicki Spokes says:

I agree they sound more gross than exotic. I am very happy with my Turkey Hill choices!

7. Anne says:

I have no desire to try a fish flavored ice cream. Yuck!

8. Vijay says:

Rose ice-cream is terrific, though! TH should try that. (At least, I have never seen TH Rose…)

9. Jean Marie says:

The only flavor that sounds pretty good, is ginger. The others sound awful. YUCK!!!

10. Carol Y says:

With all of those strange flavors, no wonder there is so much turmoil in that country. Maybe they should stick to vanilla!

I once said I’d eat any flavor of ice cream but those Venzuela choices sound yucky. I’ll stick to my mint-choc. chip and any thing chocolate from Turkey Hill thankyou!

12. Stephanie says:

I would agree, that many of those flavors dont sound very good, but with over 800 I bet they have some pretty great ones, but can you imagine trying to read over all of the choices before deciding.

13. Michael Quane says:

Hey, I’m still waiting for Turkey Hill to re-introduce Strawberry Cheesecake.

14. Joni R says:

90% of the flavors sound too gross to even think about.

I don’t think I would enjoy some of those flavors at all.

16. Jacqueline Seewald says:

I remember when Howard Johnson offered the most ice cream flavors. Of course, they weren’t as creative as this. Love these interesting facts!

17. carol triano says:

I think I will just stick with the regular flavors that I love, cannot even imagine salmon or tuna ice cream!!!!!!!!!!

18. Heidi says:

I wonder how much fishy flavored ice cream is actually sold, I mean someone actually dares to make those flavors without worries of losing money on it…ICK!

19. Melissa says:

fear factor ice cream edition lol

20. Mike says:

The Turkey Hill flavors satisfy my cravings on a daily basis.

21. i watch the cooking channel and guy fetti did ice cream and the flavors were so odd so i will stick with turkey hill love your ice cream

22. Harriet G. says:

I find it hard to believe some of the ice cream flavors listed. Given the chance I might try a few of them.

23. Lois Sidelnick says:

Let’s be serious, just stay with your flavors, I still haven’t tried them all as I haven’t been able to find them all.But I do like all the ones I tried.

24. ralph says:

I love Ice Cream; however, fish, meat, and vegatable flavors don’t appeal to me. But, I will try all fruit flavors at least once. But, I am satisfied with Turkey Hill’s flavors. No complaints from here.

25. jilly says:

you all gotta try the new TURKEY-HILL sardine twirl…it’s so yummy …Smiles n grins…

26. JW says:

That’s alot of flavors, I’d try the pumpkin from the mentioned few.

27. Faith says:

I don’t think I’ve met a flavor I didn’t like yet.

28. Janet says:

I prefer my meat and fish as they normally are served.pumpkin might be good!

I’ll try champagne ice cream. It sounds yummy!

30. sandy c -corry,pa says:

some of those flavors are probably left untasted. TH ice cream has enough for me.

31. Julie Hill says:

Ive had lobster ice cream in maine I love to try new flavors!

32. Caroline of Manalapan says:

I’ll bypass Venezuela those flavors do not wake up my taste buds. I agree with Will fruit and nut flavors make the best ice cream. The picture is very tasty looking and I am sure the flavors are not squid, ham and black beans. It looks like the staples of vanilla, Chocolate and strawberry and great toppings.

33. Staci A says:

Those are some interesting flavors! I think I’ll stick with chocolate though!

34. Tricia Ostermann says:

Pumpkin ice cream?? I’d be all over that! Pumpkin anything is fabulous to me! I’d be willing to try most of those flavors at that ice cream shop, too– you never know the potential until you taste it. I’m a huge fan of red bean ice cream and never would have tried it if I had known what it was. Now I know never to judge an ice cream by its flavor :) .

35. Paula Sarvis says:

Turkey Hill fish flavored-I think not. Although my cat might like it!

36. peggy says:

I kind of still like the gold standard of ice cream flavors… Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry…..oldies, but oh so good!!!.

ill stick to normal flavors

38. Ruth Heidler says:

My husband and I have enjoyed your ice cream for years. My husband is a ice cream addict. How about orange pineapple flavor.

39. millicent w.grotyohann says:

The first time-two weeks ago-I bought Phillies Batter up. Liked it very much.Last week I purchased Bronx Bomber’s Sundae and Pinstripe Brownie Blast.I enjoyed all the flavors. I must add the Peaches/cream ice cream is available.So glad to see it back this summer.Turkey Hill makes excellent products.Thanks

40. millicent w.grotyohann says:

grotyohann2@aol.com

41. Thomas Keifer says:

Garlic Ice Cream??? Yummy

Pumpkin ice cream sounds ok but I’m sure about the rest of the flavors!

43. Jo Shaneybrook says:

I only like the sweet flavors; not much on any spices in my ice cream

44. Ellen says:

FREE Ice Cream, I could really go for that. MMMMMMM Mint Chocolate Chip or a yummy Banana Split like the one pictured above.

Worth a try, but it’s just too expensive for me to fly down there when I may not even like it. I’ll just stick to Turkey Hill.

46. Nancy N says:

I’ll stick with the traditional flavors. :-)

47. Jim M says:

A summer evening is the perfect time to relax and enjoy your favorite ice cream flavor by Turkey Hill. I’m an old guy who loves chocolate, vanilla and strawberry but love trying berry flavors for a change. Old Jim

48. Jim De Arman says:

Of course, nothing like Pina Colada flavored ice cream on a hot day in Florida!

49. Amy E says:

I love meat, but it doesn’t sound right for an ice cream flavor.

50. Doris Gibb Smith Stewart says:

We think Turkey Hill Ice Cream is the best.
    Favorite flavors are:
    Butter Pecan, and Strawberry

51. Doris Gibb Smith Stewart says:

Turkey Hill Ice Cream is the Best.

52. Marie says:

Please, please, please, don’t go the fish route!!! Love fish, but not in ice cream!!!

53. STELLA says:

i enjoy your ice cream because it taste like

home made

Wow, that’s a lot of flavors, but I’m happy with the Turkey Hill flavors we have here!

55. Corrinne Lombardo says:

Just love Turkey Hill ice creams! and love the 2 for $5. sale !

56. Faith says:

All flavors of ice cream end up delicious.

57. Cheryl says:

If Orange Cream Swirl won the ultimate flavor tournament than why is it so hard to find in the stores??? My daughter loves this and it is so hard to find. Also, is there any chance of you bringing back your Southern Lemon Pie icecream in a light version. I LOVED that stuff and love your light icecreams.

58. Ann says:

I can’t imagine anyone trying to eat most of those flavors! But as the saying goes “Whatever floats your boat” or in this case your ice cream. I won’t be trying any ice cream with fish or vegetables in them anytime soon.

59. Tink says:

That looks so good!

I can’t say any of those flavors (aside from pumpkin) appeal to me. I think I’ll stick with my Turkey Hill favorites instead.

61. con says:

why don’t we try vanilla ice creme with real chucks of watermelon

62. Donna Joyce says:

I have tasted Champagne ice-cream and I loved it! I think I will stick with the Turkey Hill flavors in lieu of the others listed above!!

63. marion says:

I will happily stick to Turkey Hill. No need to travel!!!

64. Faith says:

I love taking a break during the day and staring at that Ice Cream picture. Boy how I would love to have that on my desk now!

65. Grace Ross says:

Leave it as is in the USA. I want to gag thinking of fish flavors. It’s not my dish of ice cream!

66. Faith says:

I agree 5 percent is low for pets getting ice cream. Although maybe the ice cream is just too good to share.

YUCK= THOSE FLAVORS ARE HORRIBLE.
    I WILL STICK TO MY TURKEY HILL FAVORITES.

I AGREE THAT THE NUMBER FOR SHARING WITH PETS SEEMS VERY VERY LOW TO ME TOO.

Let’s keep ice cream sweet and simple. I don’t think it was meant to contain these odd ingredients. I don’t see Turkey Hill making these strange flavors. I give three cheers for Turkey Hill and the great flavors they make for us.

Fun Facts about the ice cream parlor. I wonder how many varieties they have on any one day. I do not believe that I would try many of those listed, but I would try a few.

70. Marcy says:

I like Th ice cream, no others will do.

71. Emilia says:

Some of these sound really good, if not interesting. I would love to try the wine and ginger ones.

72. Esther says:

Sure hope they have Choc. Peanut Butter Cup my favorite.