A sneak peek at our 2013 Limited Edition ice cream line-up

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on August 6th, 2012

Although it may seem like an easy task, a lot of planning goes into choosing which flavors will be our Limited Edition flavors each year. We take a look at some of our most popular past Limited Edition flavors, and bring some of those flavors back. When it comes to new flavors, we take into consideration all sorts of flavor trends as well as input from our marketing team.

In short, it’s a tough job, but we love it!

We’ve finalized our 2013 Limited Edition calendar and although it’s subject to change, we’re happy to share it with you here today (new flavors in bold). What do you think?

JANUARY 2013 – Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates

FEBRUARY 2013 – Coconut Cream Pie

MARCH 2013 – Chunky Peanut Butter

APRIL 2013 – Fried Ice Cream

MAY 2013 – Southern Lemon Pie

JUNE 2013 – Raspberry Shortcake (NEW!) (Vanilla ice cream with shortcake pieces and raspberry swirl)

JULY 2013 – Rocky Toffee (NEW!) (Milk Chocolate ice cream with chunks of toffee and mocha swirl)

AUGUST 2013 – Deep Dark Chocolate

SEPTEMBER 2013 – Whoopie Pie

OCTOBER 2013 – Pumpkin Pie

NOVEMBER 2013 – Key Lime Pie (NEW!) (Custard flavored ice cream with graham pieces and lime swirl)

DECEMBER 2013 – Egg Nog

98 Responses to “A sneak peek at our 2013 Limited Edition ice cream line-up”

1. Heather says:

I hate to speed my life away but I can’t wait for the return of Fried Ice cream and Coconut Cream Pie!! Chunky PB sounds sooo good!!

2. janet Braun says:

I would like coconut cream to be available all the time not just limited edition.

3. Walter Rounds says:

I shop (and buy Turkey Hill Products) at Wegmans in Dickson City, PA. I very seldom see the Limited Editions there. Is there a cure for this problem?

4. Sheila says:

Thank you, TH, for giving me something to look forward to! I’ve marked my calendar for March 2013 (Chunky PB) & September 2013 (Whoopie Pie).

5. Faith Beebe says:

OOOOOOOHHHHHH Southern Lemon Pie, is grat for summer heat!

6. Gail says:

My store here in MA still does not have the deep dark chocolate -I would love to try it. Rasberry shortcake, Rocky toffee and Key lime pie sound great!

7. Caroline of Manalapan says:

Good idea to have “Box of chocolate” in January so the stores will have it in February. Our stores I guess have TH shipped to their warehouse and send out the limited flavors first in first out which delays when they are stocked in the store.
    PS Hubby is drooling for next August for the “Deep Dark Chocolate”

8. michelle says:

I can’t wait to try key lime in November but i should not get my hopes up because i have looked everywhere for 2 years for southern lemon pie and it’s no where to be found where i live. So Sad!!!

9. FranZ says:

Wow, it all sounds wonderful. My favorites are egg nog, pumkin pie and fried ice cream.

10. Jeffrey says:

I hope some of these will be available in the low fat option. I buy only those varieties.

11. Fran says:

Rocky Toffee mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. Caroline of Manalapan says:

Walter, I also shop Wegman’s but in Manalapan, NJ and they get the limited edition but very late. I was able to get hubby “Box of Chocolate” in June

13. Joan Trautwein says:

My favorites are Southern lemon pie, Fried ice cream, and Coconut cream but want to try Key lime pie and Raspberry toffee. Our SR carries most of the Limited Editions but you must be quick about it or you miss it.

14. Nancy Quinn says:

WOW – KNOWING WHEN THEY ARE COMING OUT IS A BIG HELP. I’VE WRITTEN BEFORE ABOUT SOUTHERN LEMON PIE. CAN’T WAIT AND LOOK FORWARD TO STOCKING UP. ALSO THE FLAVORS OF COCOMUST CREAM PIE, RASPBERRY SHORTCAKE AND ROCKY TOFFEE COULD BECOME SOME OF MY FAVORITES. BUT—THAT SOUTHERN LEMON PIE IS ON TOP FOR NOW ESPECIALLY AT THIS TIME OF YEAR.

LAST TIME I COULD GET IT, IT WAS GREAT ON A LEMON CAKE I MADE FOR A GROUP AND ALL LOVED AND ASKED WHERE THEY COULD GET IT. THAT WAS 2 YRS AGO. AUGUST IS A GREAT MONTH FOR IT AS IT IS SO HOT AND HUMID IN NEW ENGLAND. THANKS FOR THESE WONDERFUL AND INGENIOUS FLAVORS.

15. Nancy Quinn says:

Excuse typos above, do know how to spell Coconut. If anyone knows where their stores have Southern lemon pie, let me know – I’ll drive for it. (within reason)

16. Amber S. says:

Can’t wait to try the Key Lime Pie!

17. MARY says:

ANTICIPATION…..ANTICIPATION…..ANTICIPATION

Key Lime will become one of my all time favorites, I know. And although i cannot recall Fried Ice Cream, and will definitely try that, too.

I hope you will be resurrecting your 2013 calendar this year. Any chance of that?

June and July are going to be something great to look forward to, but Key Lime Pie in November will send me over the edge!

20. jan says:

found the chunky peanut butter and couldn’t get enough. I hope I can get another before they are all out. Can’t wait till March.

21. Jennifer says:

FYI, for those of you excited for Chunky Peanut Butter, it was July’s flavor and is still found all over. Yummy! Can’t wait for the new flavors!

Looking forward to Fried Ice Cream and Deep Dark Chocolate. Presently enjoying Chunky Peanut Butter.

23. jo says:

i wish i had a big sample of all those delicious flavors now although my freezer is not working properly but hope to fill my new fridge with turkey hill in september!

This looks like a great line-up for next year. Having the schedule lessens the guessing game for what Limited Edition will be out next. We have a Giant grocery store in our area where we are fortunate to have Limited Edition Turkey Hill available.

25. Joe Barone says:

Very happy to see Coconut Cream Pie will be available in Feb. for some reason I missed it last year

26. Beth says:

Oh no, no German Chocolate again this year. It’s my favorite. But I will look forward to Deep Dark Chocolate.

27. sue says:

these flavors sound SOO delicious–can’t wait til they become available!!

28. Jean Marie says:

Southern Lemon Pie sounds yummy!

I just finished chunky peanut butter–why wait?

30. Tina says:

I still don’t understand why you don’t carry peppermint stick at holiday time anymore. That was the best. Eggnog is not good. Blah. And, you really need to supply Western NY with more limited editions. We never get Fried Ice cream and it’s one of the best! Please supply Wegmans with more limited editions!

31. Lillie Rosetta says:

Yummy the lemon looks really great!

32. Bernadette Deitrick says:

can’t wait to try them……… love that ice cream, keep it rolling.

33. Jane says:

Where is the caramel or something with caramel in it?
    I am totally bummed ;-(

34. Jane says:

Ad I agree with the peppermint stick ice cream for the holidays.

35. Sue Cotela says:

The stores in my area of Enfield Ct. never carry your flavor of the month so I have been unable to try them . I have heard from people in distant communities how delicious the lemon and dark chocolate flavors are but am unable to get them . Is there anything you can do to get all the specials in the stores in Connecticut? thanks for your help.

36. Sue Cotela says:

I can never get the flavor of the month in my stores in Enfield Ct. Can you see that they get a supply each month so I can enjoy their deliciousness? thanks for you help.

37. Carol Yemola says:

2013 sounds like a delicious year!

38. Debbie F. says:

Can’t wait for the 3 new flavors… Just bought the new Dark Chocolate.. can’t wait to try it…
    QUESTION????? I live in western Pa near Pittsburgh… our area doesnt’t get some of the special editon flavors… How does TH determine which areas get which flavors?

Ooooo……must have deep dark chocolate! Sounds so delicious! Only problem is that the stores I shop don’t always get your Limited Edition Ice Creams. :(

40. Harriet G says:

I am looking forward to trying the new Raspberry Shortcake next June. It sounds delicious.

41. Carol B. says:

My favorite all-time favorite limited edition is German Chocolate Cake! This new bunch of flavors just might topple it . We will see:)

42. Dawn says:

Way to go–with the Deep Dark Chocolate! My favorite!!!

43. Turkey Hill Team says:

Like many of you mentioned, finding these flavors can be tricky sometimes. The timing depends on the store and can vary greatly. A store usually waits until the previous Limited Edition flavor sells out before order the next one (or the current one).

If you don’t see the flavor your looking for, it never hurts to put in a request with your frozen foods manager. They’re usually happy to consider input from shoppers!

44. gosh can’t wait but i know a lot of them won’t make it to seaford de

45. David Rosenbaum says:

Would you please make some sticker labels to go over the Whoopie Pie label for the folks in the Johnstown, PA area.

46. Cindy Youtzy says:

One of my favorites showed up on the list but no Vanilla Swiss Almond for the second time. Boo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. Annette Pluchik says:

We’ve tried the Woopie Pie before and could not get enough of it. I looked in all our supermarkets for more and never found it again. When I told my family it was coming out again, you wouldn’t believe the expressions on ALL their faces

48. Lois Sidelnick says:

March and April are the months for me next year. Can’t wait.

Can’t wait to try Key Lime Pie!!!

50. lori says:

a whole year to wait for deep dark chocolate!!!!

51. Helen Picone says:

I would be very happy if the Deep Dark Chocolate favor was chosen year round instead of just in August

52. Jess says:

I am also a huge fan of the deep dark chocolate – it is amazing!

53. Nancy N says:

Deep Dark Chocolate – can’t get any better than that and during my birthday month to boot! We also love the Southern Lemon Pie and Coconut Cream Pie.

54. Marie says:

My grocery store never gets any of the limited editions. Don’t get many flavors of frozen yogurt either. There are about two or three of the same ones. Enjoy them, but would be nice to have a variety.

55. Charles says:

What a great way to start the New Year with a new flavor every month.

56. Ellen says:

2013 Limited Edition List sounds yummy. I mean it. My husband’s birthday is in February and he loves Coconut Cream Pie. I’m sure he’ll love the ice cream flavor too. March is the month I was born in and I love Peanut Butter. Don’t mean to make time fly but come on 2013 so we can enjoy all the great TH flavors.

57. Emilia says:

Key Lime Pie and Rocky Toffee sound great…can’t wait to try them. Of course, Egg Nog is great and Pumpkin Pie, too. Excellent selections.

58. Suzanne says:

OH! I certainly hope the salty caramel will become an everyday flavor!!!! cant wait…just cant wait!!!

59. susa rosati says:

how did you know all my faves? really

60. Ron says:

I think it’s going to be another delicious & refreshing year for Turkey Hill. (And for all of us loyal fans of Turkey Hill too!!)

61. Omg I guess my diet is over. These flavors r tooo good to pass up. Thanks lol .

62. Linda Savitz says:

I can’t wait until next year!!!Yummy!!!

63. Marga says:

I can stop searching for Southern Lemon Pie ice cream, you should have it all the time, THE BEST!!! I plan on making room in my freezer for next May to stock it up. Will contract my grocer to order an extra case just for ME! Great flavors like yours should be made “ALL THE TIME”, Turkey Hill would become the ice cream empire LOL!

64. Patricia Lysinger says:

I love new flavors of Ice Cream and I can’t wait to try these.

65. Juliette says:

key Lime Pie is worth waiting for!!!

66. mary ann says:

…omg!! “key lime pie”?? 2013 can’t get here son enough.

67. carol triano says:

I cannot wait to try the raspberry shortcake!! Mmm, it is only 9:46 am and I would love a scoop of chunky peanut butter…another one of my new faves!!!

They sound (and I’m sure taste) fantastic. I’m thrilled to see Whoopie Pie made the cut since it’s a family favorite. I wish the trend was towards light ice cream without mix ins but for now I’m content with your fantastic light vanilla bean.

69. lucy k. says:

I can’t wait until October!!!! Pumpkin Ice Cream!! My all time favorit!!!!!!!Thank You Turkey Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YUM.

70. Edie says:

Can’t wait to try some of these. Any hope of a pre taste?

DEEP DARK CHOCOLATE SOUNDS OH SO GOOD. CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THAT ONE. LOVE LOVE LOVE CHOCOLATE…..

72. Linda R says:

I CAN’T WAIT FOR FEB. 2013, I LOVE COCONUT!
    I must say, vanilla is the #1 all time FAV in most surveys, So, why is there so many chocolate combo’s & only one with vanilla?
    I love vanilla too!

73. B. J. Geiser Cameron says:

Are we going to receive information on the 2013 CALENDER?

74. Lynn Chamberlain says:

YUM!!!

75. Ann says:

July & November sound like they will be my favorites! Since tey are such a long way off, I guess I’ll just have to try each new flavor until then! Thanks for letting us know what to expect in advance.

76. Faith Beebe says:

I need ice cream right now!

77. Mary D says:

Deep dark chocolate in August. Now that’s just heavenly. Can’t wait and what a fun idea–an ice cream calendar. Much better than most of the calendars out there.

78. Mary D says:

What a great calendar. Can’t wait until August

79. Elizabeth Emerson says:

I was hoping you would bring back the gingerbread ice cream, at least for Christmas. The “pumpkin pie” ice creams don’t even taste like pumkin pie and everyone makes egg nog. Why not do something more original/creative?

80. Elizabeth Emerson says:

I’m sooooooo tired of chocolate ice creams-not everyone likes them. If you have to use chocolate, why not use white chocolate?

Why not try something like Vanilla ice cream with white chocolate chips or white chocolate chip cookie dough with a vanilla buttercream frosting swirl?

81. Sara says:

Why does Chunky Peanut Butter have to be Limited Edition?! I love it so much I wish I could have it all year round! By far the best ice cream I have ever had!!! Love it!!!

Why is Pumpkin Pie in October? Definitely should be in November for Thanksgiving.

Everything sounds really good–now if I can only find them! Yes, I, too, would like to see more light varieties. Also, please give us something MALT!!!

84. Sheryl Valenza says:

I would love to try THIS years first !!!!! Kroger is the only store to carry your products, and they will not get any “limited editions” for us !!!!!!!!! Please get on them too–Sheryl

2013 here I come for some deep dark chocolate, the deeper, the darker, the better

86. Stefanie says:

I’m so excited for these flavors and it makes me look forward to the new year, especially the Chunky Peanut butter and new Raspberry Shortcake…yum!

87. sondra fisher says:

Can’t wait! What a great list! Deep dark chocolate is a must – and just in time for my wedding anniversary!!

88. Connie says:

HOW ABOUT CREATING A PISTACHIO WITH CHERRIES ICE CREAM LIKE YOU CAN GET IN A CHINESE RESTAURANT??? Bring it out in time for Chinese New year 2013

89. Sally says:

I’m really glad to see Southern Lemon Pie return, and I’m looking forward to trying Whoopie Pie.

90. Peg says:

The greatest flavor EVER is Double Dunker!

91. eileen whittle says:

I love coconut ice cream love it

92. HookMan says:

Yes, please bring back your calendar for 2013!

I am eating Deep Dark Chocolate as we speak! Got it at the TH convenience store on Mt. Rose Ave in York. Good stuff!

93. I’m trying to find turkey hill brand, Pumpkin Ice Cream and the Coconut pie Ice Cream also. I can’t seem to find either,when they come out. I realize they are limited editions. Every store in my area does not carry them. They have special edition flaovrs but I ‘ve yet to find those two flavors. I love Pumkin Ice Cream so I can’t wait to try it. Turkey Hill is my favorite brand, so I’m sure it is delicious. HELP ME LOCATE IT PLEASE !!!NEW HAVEN / EAST HAVEN COUNTY AREA.

94. Cindy Youtzy says:

What can I say? Another year without Swiss Almond vanilla. It has been so long I forgot it’s name.

95. MARCIA FRANK says:

WHEN WILL THE GERTRUDE HAWK BOX OF CHOCOLATES BE DISTRIBUTED IN THE 10954 AREA? I WISH THIS FLAVOR WOULD BECOME A YEAR ROUND ADDITION TO YOUR ICE CREAM FLAVORS.

THANK YOU.

96. GAYLE PALOTI says:

HI DO YOU HAVE ANY 2013 CALENDERS WITH THE COUPONS AVAILABLE???

97. joanna89 says:

i love your products. can you please make the box of choclates ice cream available all the time ??

98. Tracy Gaydoscik says:

I just tried the Deep Dark Chocolate. This is definitely one of my favorites. Excellent!! Peanut butter ripple is my #1. Love your Ice Cream!