If you love whoopie pie and you love ice cream, then you’ll love this!

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on September 15th, 2012

One of the many fun things about the Turkey Hill Experience is the free samples of ice cream that await visitors. The samples include many of our regular Turkey Hill flavors, but they also include special flavors available only at the Turkey Hill Experience. When the Experience first opened in June 2011, that special flavor was Whoopie Pie.

Our take on Lancaster County’s favorite dessert (sorry, shoo-fly pie) was so popular, last year we made it a Limited Edition flavor available in stores everywhere. If you missed it, don’t’ worry because Whoopie Pie Ice Cream is back as our current Limited Edition flavor! For those who haven’t had it (or those who need a refresher), the treat is made with chocolate ice cream, with whoopie pie pieces and a creamy filling swirl.

Whoopie Pie should be available at your local grocery store. You might also find last month’s Limited Edition flavor, Deep Dark Chocolate, which means Whoopie Pie will be there shortly. As always, if you don’t see the flavor you’re looking for, feel free to put in a request with your store’s frozen foods manager!

43 Responses to “If you love whoopie pie and you love ice cream, then you’ll love this!”

1. Joyce says:

Wish more stores in the Bangor, Maine, area would carry Turkey Hill ice cream. Not sure if anyone is right now – Shaw’s did but couldn’t find any last time I was in there.

2. karen says:

Can’t wait to buy the whoopie pie ice cream – we love it!

3. Gail says:

I Love Whoopie Pies – Can’t wait to try the ice cream!

4. Leslie says:

Oh will my mother love this! I hope you have some coming to Vermont!:)

Whoopie!!!!This is winner!!! We always get them when we go to Pennsylvania on vacation and bring them home frozen and keep them for a month. That is if I can put a lock on the freezer or threaten the kids to save some for the rest of us.

6. Gloria Springer says:

We just emptied our first box. My husband loved it and said to get more when I go to the T.H. store. Will do. I liked it too but didn’t get to taste too much of it!

7. alicelynne says:

Yum…and love the Homestyle Vanilla!!!!

8. Jean Marie says:

I have to try it.

Can’t decide if Whoopie Pie or Double Dunker is my favorite, They are both simply scrumptious! They pushed Chocolate Marshmallow out of my 1st place slot, something that wasn’t easy to do.

10. Mary D says:

I’ll have to look for the deep, dark chocolate. Don’t know how I missed it………

11. Marie says:

Sounds delish!!!! Can’t wait to try it.

Canyou send me some through the computer??????? Would love to have some now!!!

I SAY WHOOPIE FOR WHOOPIE PIE. IT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

We were lucky enough to go to the Turkey Hill Experience and we loved the Four Diamonds Fudge flavor. We haven’t seen it in our area though.

14. i have the same problen we don’t get all the good ones in seaford de would love to try for diamonds fudge when i found a flavor i know wont be around long i stock up with it. i wonder why turkeydon’t ship better flavors down south???

15. Harriet G. says:

Sounds delicious. Wish there would be more choices in the light flavors.

16. Shelley . says:

Well, TH Folks, I beat you to it since the email just arrived.

Last night I made a special trip to my local grocery store for TH, saw the Whoopie Pie, had to try it but didn’t know it would be so Great! Let me tell you folks…if you like chocolate (and i do) this is a WINNER so definitely TRY this ltd flavor.

17. Susan says:

I picked some up a few days ago but haven’t had the chance to try it (I know — nuts huh?). I’m sure I will soon — it looks just sinful and delicious!

18. Holly says:

I love the Whoopie Pie ice cream…I’m trying to get my fill before it goes away…it has put the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup on the back burner for now :)

19. Lois Sidelnick says:

Haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list for my next trip to the store. Not particularly hep on chocolate, but will try any new Turkey Hill ice cream regardless of the flavor . Can’t go wrong with any of them.

20. mary ann herrmann says:

…omg!! have some “stashed” in my freezer right now.
    yum-o!! pumpkin whoopie pie would work for me during this
    fall season. how about it TURKEY HILL??

21. Juliette says:

Saw the Whoopie Pie flavor in the store today, didn’t try it, maybe next time. Bought 3 of my favorites though!! Have to go and eat it right now!!!

22. Caroline of Manalapan says:

Whoopie not on the top of our list but I will check if our local stores still have the Deep Dark Chocolate

May try it.

24. esther says:

way to sweet for me

25. john says:

When I want ice cream , I’ll eat ice cream

I’m going to have to plan a trip to the Turkey Hill Experience. Some of the sample flavors there are seldom available at my local grocery store. I may take your advice and mention it to the manager. Whoopie Pies are something with which I grew up. Turkey Hill has done me a favor by bringing them back in ice cream form.

27. Lydia says:

whoopie ice cream yum yum

28. linda says:

thanks for the warning, I will need to check for the deep dark chocolate. that ist he best.

LOOKS REALLY GOOD

Joyce mentioning stores having Turkey Hill and not knowing if it was still carried in the area made me think. Recently I was looking on the website for a product and it had the store names and address for those that carried the product. You could type in a zip code and it would let you know if the product was carried in your area, or you could put in your state and it listed all locations. It even listed the sizes carried at a particular location. This would be helpful to people like Joyce trying to find Turkey hill products.

31. sue says:

oooh i DO love whoopie pies and i DO love ice cream, so i can’t wait to get some and try it out…sounds truly delicious!

32. Doug Garr says:

Help. The locator page on your web site just doesn’t cut it. Especially since you don’t even list Fairway in Manhattan, which is the only place I can reliably find the large size of Bronx Bomber, which I am addicted to, as is my wife. Where in NYC can I find Whoopie Pie ice cream? I haven’t yet seen it.

Yum! Sounds like a winner!

This is one of my kis favorites! I bought 3 when they came out this year.

boo hoo, I was in the store today and there was no whoppie pie ice cream in the freezer for me, I hope I get some soon

Your Whoopie Pie ice cream is delicious!!! Wish you had it in a light version;)

37. Kelly says:

Oh my stars, this is by far the best tasting ice cream I can ever remember having- Whoopie Pie is awesome and I’ve been telling everyone who will listen where to get it and as our container gets lower and lower I know I have to get more. A light version would be appreciated as I know I’m indulging more than I should.

38. Rebecca says:

This was a win-win from the start. Love both whoopie pies and ice cream! The combination is unbeatable. My family loved it. Been a long time since I’ve had ice cream this creamy. Big thumbs up for such a great product. Can’t wait to try some of your other flavors.

39. Kaye says:

Whoopie Pie Ice Cream . . . to die for! Unfortunately, I ate the whole container myself over several days . . . but it was worth it!

40. tmc008 says:

I loved Whoopie Pie Ice Cream last year when it was released as a limited edition. My friends and I raved about it and dreamed about having more… Now it’s back! How awesome! Already bought 4 containers. We all wish Turkey Hill would make this a regular flavor. (Well, maybe not my waist line…)

41. Sam says:

I love this flavor. Hope it will be back in my local grocery store soon !