Which three of these ice cream resolutions will you tackle in 2013?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on January 1st, 2013

A new year often means a new you. In other words, it means many of you will make New Year’s resolutions and – hopefully – stick to them (for a little while, at least).

While most of us will make resolutions to “get in shape” or “read more” – both of which are admirable goals – we thought we’d offer 10 resolutions to help make you a more well-rounded ice cream lover. We don’t expect everyone to attempt all 10 of these resolutions, so we’ll make it relatively easy: Which THREE of these resolutions will you tackle in 2013?

1. Expand your ice cream horizons. Try one new flavor of ice cream per month.

2. Make homemade ice cream and invent your own signature flavor.

3. Explore ways to use ice cream in drink and dessert recipes.

4. Visit your local scoop shop more often.

5. Eat ice cream for breakfast – not often, but try it…you might like it!

6. Use a special ice cream bowl and ice cream spoon.

7. Learn more about the history of ice cream and its production process.

8. Visit an ice cream factory.

9. Offer to buy a stranger an ice cream cone on a hot summer day.

10. Visit the Turkey Hill sampling tent at an event near you in 2013!

52 Responses to “Which three of these ice cream resolutions will you tackle in 2013?”

1. cook book says:

Thank you for this article… I truly Enjoy a lot reading your Blog.. I will Bookmark your site for more remark.

2. Cindy Jo says:

I think I will try to do all 10 ! Thanks Turkey Hill for the great ideas.

4, 8, and 10 may be the ones I will try to do. Thank you and wish all of Turkey Hill employess a Happy New Year!

4. Patti Sherman says:

Offer to buy a stranger a cone..I shouldn’t enjoy ice cream alone!

5. Debbie says:

2, 6, and 10 are most appealing. Would love to have a special Turkey Hill ice cream bowl and spoon to tackle #6 !!!

6. Jacqueline Seewald says:

1 is most appealing. It’s a new year and I want to try new flavors from Turkey Hill.

7. Esther says:

My man has a dip of T H with his oatmeal in the morning for breakfast

8. John says:

A long time ago I realized that #5 was a good thing, a scoop in a bowl of hot oatmeal , :–) I call it : Oatmeal Alamode

9. Caroline of Manalapan says:

This is a toughie but I will go with 7, 10 and 8 in that order with #7 very strong

10. gianna says:

I’ve done #2 and #5, so #’s 3,4 & 9. :)
    HAPPY 2013 to ALL!

11. Judy Goodrich says:

I will just continue to enjoy our Turkey Hill Ice Cream as much in 2013 as in the past. Our four grandchildren are from Maryland. They were all here for Christmas … and looking for
    Turkey Hill in the freezer. I had several flavors, and they
    fixed bowls of two or three combinations. Two of them are not
    allowed to have ice cream at home; so they especially enjoy it
    at Grammy’s. We will all look forward to trying the new
    flavors of the month. We really liked the Buffalo Bills ice
    cream, but cannot find it any more. We have probably had half a dozen Philadelphia Eagles, but we can’t find that one now, either. We got the Touchdown Turkey Hill at Christmas, and it is just as good as the speciific team ice cream. Also not found was the Blitzburg Crunch. I will keep looking for a new flavor, and am sure we will enjoy trying any new ones you introduce !!

I will try to do 1, 3, and 7. Trying a new flavor would be adventurous. Using ice cream in drinks and desserts and learning more about the history of ice cream would be a rewarding experience. How can I go wrong with these resolutions!!

3,5 & 6 are my picks but I also resolve to eat more Turkey Hill.

9. Offer to buy a stranger an ice cream cone on a hot summer day.
    or on any day

15. Bobi says:

I’d love to visit a Turkey Hill sample tent!! When are you coming to western Maryland? I’ve never seen you in my area. Please come!!!

16. Jean Marie says:

#1 and #8

17. Marie says:

I would like to do them all; however, I probably won’t get to do No. 8 and 10 because my husband has MS and we don’t travel.

18. Ellen says:

1, 4 and 7 are the ones I’ll try. Don’t live close enough to visit a TH sample tent but I sure would like to.

19. Lou says:

I like #3 and #10 if you ever come to Brooklyn N.Y.

I think I might be able to do 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, maybe 9, and I would love to do 8 and 10.

21. LindaR says:

#1,#5,& #9. And I might just try a real body cleanse, just having a Turkey Hill Ice Cream meal at every meal for two weeks! Now, that sounds like a diet I could stick too! :)
    HAPPY 2013 New Year to all my ice cream lover friends!

22. Vicki Spokes says:

3,8 & 10 but I need your help with the last one. When will you have an event in MI?

23. Juliette says:

All 10 sound great especially to ice cream lovers! Thanks for recommending them, will try all !

My favorite flavor has always been peanut butter ripple for many years but I think inventing my own signature flavor would be a good idea. Many of your ideas are good ones and I will try to find a sampling tent on our next outing. I have never seen one of those.

25. Carol B. says:

1-3-5- Those choices will be easy to do…that way I don’t have to break my resolution. Resolution # 11 should be – have a friend over for ice cream and conversation. We all could do that!

26. millie b says:

I THINK IT WOULD BE EATING MORE OF TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM

My choices would be 1, 8 and 10… the rest sound good also but don’t think I could do all 10!

28. MC says:

NINE! IT’S NICE TO PUT A SMILE ON SOMEONES FACE!

29. Gloria says:

1 3, and 10. List your sampling tent locations and I will be at one or more.

30. Pam says:

1, 3, and 5. As for #10 – does the sampling tent ever come to Northern Va?

31. Harriet G says:

#1-I’d like to try a new flavor of ice cream every month (hopefully there will be some new low fat flavors).
    #5-I’d like to eat ice cream for breakfast (sometimes).
    #7-I’d like to learn more about the history of ice cream.

32. Harriet G says:

Happy New Year to all!

33. Ron says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    #1) I try ALL new flavors that I see (excluding the totally weird like “shrimp”
    #2) Want to make “Candied Bacon” flavor. Have a recipe and ice cream maker. That’s as far as I got.
    #8) Going to visit family in Delaware. Plan to make a day trip to Lancaster PA. And do #9 while I’m there.

34. Diane says:

Well, I’ve kinda tried #5, you see, when my half and half is empty, I put a scoop of vanilla TH in my coffee, it is really good. So, I guess I will try #1,#8, and since I found really cute ice cream bowls in my local thrift store, it will be #6. Happy New Year to all, and Peace.

1, 4, and 5 look like winners to me.

36. Nancy N says:

Since I need to cut back on the ice cream, I guess I will have to go with #10. :-)

willing to try all of them

Not sure which ones I’ll do. Can’t promise anything. I never make resolutions at the beginning of a new year. I’m already pleased with myself!

39. Lydia says:

3 5 6 but I’m going to try to do all 10

40. Cheryl says:

My three choices of the resolutions are:

3. Explore ways to use ice cream in drink and dessert recipes.

5. Eat ice cream for breakfast – not often, but try it…you might like it!

7. Learn more about the history of ice cream and its production process.

Actually, #5 I have tried and since I love ice cream, it is a great way to start the day. Combine it with a little rice krispies etc, for some added crunch and it works.

41. Sondra says:

You made this way too easy! I think I’ll buy a cone for a stranger, use a special ice cream bowl and spoon, and try a new flavor a month. Maybe a few others, too…

42. Patricia Lysinger says:

1,3 and 8 work for me.

43. Edie says:

#1 is my choice. Bring on new flavors to tempt me.

44. All the above,and more

Although I do own an ice cream maker, it rarely gets used, and so #2 on the list is highly unlikely. I could easily make homemade ice cream, but a signature flavor is definitely out. I think the following 4 are very possible, with #9 from the list, Offer to buy a stranger an ice cream cone on a hot summer day, also probable but it is too early to tell if that will happen. Anyway, here are my 4:
    1. Expand your ice cream horizons. Try one new flavor of ice cream per month.
    2. Explore ways to use ice cream in drink and dessert recipes.
    3. Visit your local scoop shop more often.
    Possibly combine #1 and #3 together.
    4. Visit an ice cream factory (possibly take my grandkids when I go visit them in the Reading, PA area).

FIRST I HAVE TO THANK THE TURKEY HILL TEAM FOR MY GREAT ICE CREAM SANDWICH PILLOW. I JUST LOVE IT.

I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO TRY # 3 & 7. NUMBERS 8 & 10 WOULD BE NICE BUT I LIVE IN NY AND YOU MOST LIKELY WON’T BE COMING HERE AS I CAN’T GET TO YOUR FACTORY RIGHT NOW EITHER.
    I WILL JUST HAVE TO GET MY SUPPLY OF TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM AND KEEP IT IN MY FREEZER.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!

I can commit to

5. Eat ice cream for breakfast – not often, but try it…you might like it!

6. Use a special ice cream bowl and ice cream spoon.

7. Learn more about the history of ice cream and its production process.

48. Regina says:

I never make New Year’s resolutions but ice cream for breakfast might make me change that tradition. Happy New Year to all the ice cream lovers!

49. Lois Sidelnick says:

I have tried every flavor when I could find them; I am willing to be a taste tester for any new flavors when they come out. Give me a call.

50. Nancy says:

1-Done, 2- No need to make it when I have TH!,3-Done, 4- No need to visit a shop when I have TH in my freezer, 5-Done, 6-No need for bowl when I eat TH right out of the container, 7- I ask Ernie!, 8-Factory, too far away, 9- BOUGHT A STRANGER TURKEY HILL AT THE SHOPRITE AT THANKSGIVING TIME!10-Will do! Happy New Year!!! Thank you TH!!!

51. Andrea says:

#1, #3 and #5 are my picks. #5 is the most tempting but I’m afraid the family would think Grandma is getting confused. We use toasted frozen waffles for strawberry “shortcake”, so why not serve it for breakfast? TH is great any time!

52. jay says:

4. Visit your local scoop shop more often.

5. Eat ice cream for breakfast – not often, but try it…you might like it!

10. Visit the Turkey Hill sampling tent at an event near you in 2013! If it ever gets near the Greater King of Prussia or Plymouth Meeting areas.