Ice cream sandwiches are a delicious treat, no doubt about it. But do you know what happens when you combine a whole bunch of ice cream sandwiches along with some whipped cream and toppings? That’s right, you get the legendary ice cream sandwich cake!
This cake is super simple to make and, best of all, it can be customized with your very own toppings and fillings. For example, instead of placing a layer of fudge topping in between the layers of sandwiches, you can use caramel topping … or even peanut butter! You can also have a little fun with different types of ice cream sandwiches. (Turkey Hill makes several different kinds.)
As for the peanuts and candy bars sprinkled in the middle layer, that’s also up to you! What ingredients would you use to make this tasty treat?
ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
- 20-24 Turkey Hill ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (or any other candy bar of your choice)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place ice cream sandwiches side-by-side in ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Microwave fudge topping for 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layer of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.