November Facebook highlights: Do you use ice cream as coffee creamer?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on November 25th, 2013

Another month has passed, which means it’s time to feature a few highlights from Turkey Hill’s Facebook page. If you don’t already follow us on Facebook, you definitely should because we have a lot of fun on there. That fun includes posting ice cream and iced tea coupons a few times each month.

What’s so fun about a coupon, you ask? Good question. By themselves, coupons aren’t much fun (after all, they’re just a piece of paper), but when you add up all the cash they help you save, that money can be spent on all sorts of fun stuff — like more iced tea and ice cream!

Ice cream isn’t usually enjoyed for breakfast, but this fan found a way to add the frosty treat to her morning routine. It’s a great idea, and one that’s rooted in tradition. Back in the day (in other words, a long time ago), folks used to use vanilla ice cream as coffee creamer. Have you ever tried this?

We should point out that the fan behind this quote is NOT a doctor and neither are we. In other words, our iced tea is delicious, but if you’re feeling a little under the weather, it’s probably not the miracle cure you’re hoping for. HOWEVER, it is recommended that you drink plenty of fluids when you have a cold or fever, so our iced tea might be a good thing to have on hand. Experts suggest fluids without caffeine, which means our decaf drinks might be just what the doctor ordered!

Can’t decide whether to have a chocolate ice cream sandwich or a vanilla ice cream sandwich? That’s okay, our Double Decker has you covered!

Our final fan quote featured on Facebook in November is about one of our most popular ice cream flavors — All Natural Salted Caramel. Actually, to say that people love it would be an understatement. The flavor is easily the star of the All Natural lineup, which says a lot because the entire All Natural lineup is great!

42 Responses to “November Facebook highlights: Do you use ice cream as coffee creamer?”

I try not to get into too much stuff on FB but now that I know you sometimes have coupons, I’ll have to check it out.

2. Anita says:

Of course I use ice cream in my coffee, when there is some in the freezer…but, please, no mint…do enjoy using vanilla, chocolate or coffee. Also, on a hot summer morning, any cold, dry cereal is enhanced with a scoop of vanilla or strawberry ice cream in place of milk.

I guess if you had extra hot coffee, then the ice Cream would be puuurrrrrrrrrrfffffffffeeeeeccccccctttt!!!!!!!!!!!
    Otherwise, it would probably just make the coffee taste like an iced coffee, which I have not grown a liking to yet.

4. Juliette says:

Always remember my Mom putting vanilla ice cream in her coffee.
    Never seen that Turkey Hill Carmel flavor, I would Love it ! Have to Look for it !

5. millie says:

yes I put turkey hill ice cream in my coffee. when I have it in my freezer chocolate taste good too. happy thanksgiving everyone

6. sue says:

i don’t do it as a normal thing, but i have on occasion–french vanilla—yum–i’l have to make it a point to try the caramel one though!!

7. MC says:

Not on a regular basis.

8. John says:

A scoop of ice cream on (in) my bowl of oatmeal sure makes it easy going down,
    Oatmeal a la mode Mmmmm good

9. Elaine Garfield says:

I never thought of using ice crem in coffee, thanks for the great idea

10. Ruth Williams says:

I used to use Turkey Hill Vanilla in coffee but I no longer like the sweetness that it gives.

11. LindaR says:

Yes I have & it’s delish! I have also put coffee in my ice cream
    for a float.

12. Amber S. says:

I’m not a coffee drinker myself, but it sounds interesting. On a side note, it seems like Turkey Hill is not carried by many stores in my area anymore. Blue Bunny seems to have taken TH’s place in the freezer aisles. Wondering if this is a territory thing or preferences of the frozen food managers?

13. Lou says:

I have used Turkey Hill Vanilla in coffee a few times, but not mint.

my mother always put vanilla ice cream in her coffee but since I am a tea drinker I never have.

15. Pam says:

I add ice cream when the coffee gets cold. Rather than heating up the last 1 to 2 inches of coffee still in the mug, I will fill it up with ice cream and turn it into a coffee milk shake!

16. Diane says:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, some things are meant to be a secret, and never to be told. (^^) Happy Turkey Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Sounds good. If I could keep Turkey Hill Ice-Cream in the freezer long enough. Lately it’s gone before I can get to it! I sure could use some coupons? Please send coupons to Paula T. Carter 1203 west Madison street Mayodan,N.C.27027,Please!!

18. Ellen says:

Sadly I do not put ice cream in coffee. Mainly because I’m not a coffee drinker.

19. Vicki Spokes says:

Clever thought. I am not a coffee drinker or would have tried this. T644hanks for the coupon the other day!

20. gianna says:

No just because I make myself caffe latte, which means boiled milk then I add coffee afterwords!

21. gianna says:

*Afterwards

22. chris jenkins says:

I have used turkey hill ice cream as a creamer for many years as a creamer for my coffee. so many flavors are really good. love it.

23. alicelynne says:

All Natural Salted Caramel…I am looking all over for it!!!

24. Marie says:

Have never tried it. Will have to do so.

Sounds goooooood.

25. Caroline of Manalapan says:

I don’t drink coffee but hubby does. He drinks his black and no sweeteners

I don’t put ice cream in my coffee, but my husband does. In fact he has made a milkshake with coffee and ice cream.

27. Harriet G says:

Putting ice cream into coffee instead of creamer sounds delicious.

Yes, I’ve used ice cream when I’ve run out of half and half. Is there a problem, officer? :)

29. Ida Beek says:

My husband and I drink our coffee black but will offer this option to family and friends when they visit. Sounds delish!!!

Turkey Hill is good for everything. Soothes chapped lips, too.

31. Debbie says:

I don’t usually use any creamer in my coffee, but I wouldn’t be opposed to a scoop of a little something something.

32. mary ann herrmann says:

…sorry, don’t drink coffee!!

33. Ron says:

I gave up adding extras to my coffee 20+ years ago. I might have to start again!

DON’T DRINK MUCH COFFEE BUT SOOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA AND GOOD TO DRINK TOO.
    THANKS FOR THE THANKSGIVING COUPON. BOUGHT MY FAVORITE BLACK CHERRY. IT WAS ON SALE TOO SO I PAID ALMOST NOTHING FOR IT.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

35. sarah oswald says:

I never even considered it an option will have to try it. Sounds kind of yummy.

absolutely, it is my dessert drink

Nothing goes in my coffee!

38. Elsie Nicolette says:

No–don’t drink much coffee.

I love using vanilla ice cream as a coffee creamer and I love when Turkey Hill gives us coupons for their products!

40. Lydia says:

nope ice cream is not for coffee but maybe that could be a new drink

I am not a coffee drinker. I just eat my Turkey Hill straight from the bowl.

once in awhile