Our newest Limited Edition flavor: Key Lime Pie

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on January 3rd, 2014

Now that the holidays are over, Limited Edition ice cream flavors like Pumpkin Pie and Egg Nog are a distant memory. Or are there? There’s a good chance that Egg Nog is still on shelves at your local grocery store, but you might have also noticed that our October-November Limited Edition flavor — Pumpkin Pie — is STILL on shelves, too. That’s because we had a little extra this year, which meant an extended run for the popular part-time flavor.

But don’t let that distract you from our current Limited Edition flavor, Key Lime Pie. It’s been around since early December and it’s a good way to celebrate the new year. The flavor is described as “lime flavored ice cream with graham pieces and a key lime swirl.” The offering got good reviews from The Ice Cream Informant, who said “Turkey Hill’s latest limited edition reaches its full potential when the key lime swirl comes into play.”

Some of you might be wondering why such a citrusy, summertime flavor was released in the middle of winter. Turns out, that’s exactly why we chose this timing — because we wanted to give everyone a little taste of July in January! If you’ve tried Key Lime Pie, feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts.

66 Responses to “Our newest Limited Edition flavor: Key Lime Pie”

1. Pamela says:

I am more than ready for this flavor! Key Lime is my favorite dessert pie choice, when offered!

Couldn’t find Egg Nog or Pumpkin Pie. Key Lime Pie looks pretty good, but I’d prefer the other two, really.

3. Karen Cohn says:

Oh my. Key Lime Pie….

4. raymond b says:

Key lime ice cream is ok. My suggestion NO ARTIFICIAL COLOR and less graham cracker bits.

5. millie says:

I have been eating key line pie its good but I like the lemon it was good. but the pumpkin pie was so good still have one left hide it so no one else can eat it

6. Carole says:

Just noticed Key Lime Pie in a local store–can’t wait to try it!! The Key Lime Pie (real pie) is a great seller at the local Costco, especially at this time of year. Thanks for the new flavor!

7. Anita says:

Sometimes, reading about your latest flavor releases is akin to being stranded on an island somewhere with no access to a supermarket because searches for same in the four chains within a radius of 10 miles from my home find nothing but the basics…vanilla, chocolate, coffee for the most part when it comes to Turkey Hill. I am aware that you use a distributor and there is little or nothing I can do about this. Almost fainted when I found Pumpkin Pie and the Raisin offerings. For the most part we can simply read and imagine how the other interesting flavors taste….for they will obviously never find a place our supermarkets. Had convinced myself that I would find Eggnog; but, alas and alack none surfaced. Maybe, just maybe someday I will make it to PA and eat nothing but your ice cream while visiting there.

8. Dick Bradick says:

Awesome ice cream.

I do enjoy Key Lime Pie. So I am sure I will enjoy this flavor, as I enjoy all Turkey Hill flavors. Happy New Year to all here on the Blog and to all at Turkey Hill.
    So is this a Tur – Key Lime Pie?

10. Elsie Nicolette says:

Hope to find and try this since my store often does not seem to carry the Feature Flavors. Thanks for letting us know what to be on the look out for!

11. Amber S. says:

I haven’t seen the Key Lime Pie yet, but I’ll have to look for it!

12. Caroline of Manalapan says:

Too bad you are not in central Fla., our grand daughters would love it and we have no way to take it to them. I might still get one for them and keep it in our freezer chest for them when they come up for “Camp Grandma”

Can’t wait to have this yummy-sounding flavor of Turkey Hill ice cream. I’ll look for it as soon as this snow storm is over and we can get out. Thanks for the heads-up.

14. Elaine Garfield says:

I find key lime a great addition to the product line

15. Marge Healy says:

As happy as I am for those lovers of key lime pie, I am still a chocolateperson.
    Guess I am not alone in difficulty of finding a grest selection of Turkey Hill ice cream in some supermarkets.

16. Sue C says:

Our store carries the poorest selection of TH ice cream,, but I’m going to check,, to make sure. Hoping they have it!

17. LindaR says:

I just made a Key Lime cheesecake for Christmas & it was a big hit. We can’t wait to find & try the Key Lime ice cream in January! I’m sure it will remind us that the good old lazy hazy days of summer are just around the snow drift bend!

18. Karen Chin-Mancini says:

Why not Frozen Yougurt to start the New Year right!

19. Myra Doloence says:

My grandson (19) loves my key lime pie and I can’t wait to buy
    some of this new flavor for him.

20. Larry Prahst says:

Turkey Hill has become our “scream” of choice! We ALL scream for Turkey Hill Ice SCREAM!!

21. MC says:

YUM! Refreshing!

The KEY to escaping winter’s wrath is definitely tropicalicious KEY LIME PIE. Dream on, dream on.

23. RonF says:

This sounds delicious, but it will really TASTE delicious.

24. Rose Marie Wilson says:

I would eat this any time of the year, but it did strike me as a strange thing to release in the dead of winter! My first thought was that “This would be very welcome around the beginning of June!”

25. Ellen says:

MMMMMMM Key Lime Pie sounds yummy. But Pumpkin Pie and Egg Nog sound yummy too.

26. Lila says:

Couldn’t find the Eggnog anywhere. Will have to try Key Lime if I can find any.

27. Vicki Spokes says:

Not a fan of Key Lime

key lime, sounds sweet

29. Lou says:

I will have to try the Key Lime Pie.

May try it.

31. Bobi says:

I’m a vanilla person so I won’t be looking for Key Lime Pie but I hope everyone else will enjoy it!

32. Pam says:

How can we make sure that our local grocery stores sell your different flavors? Do they tell you what flavors they want or do you send them what you decide?

Not one of my choices, but TH has something for every taste!

34. Andrea says:

Hope to find Key Lime Pie. I know we’d like it because all TH ice cream is delicious! Still haven’t found Pumpkin Pie or Eggnog and have been so anxious to try them.

I’ll have to eat some of this and pretend I’m in Key West instead of freezing my buns off in PA.

36. Harriet G. says:

It does sound delicious…I have not tried it yet. I wish it had less fat.

37. Ida Beek says:

Key Lime Pie is my least favorite flavor for pie or ice cream. For all the people who love it this is going to be an awesome option. For me, I’m very happy with all the other flavors Turkey Hill offers.

38. Patricia Lysinger says:

I haven’t tried Key Lime Pie yet but I loved the egg nog and pumpkin pie.

You’re right about introducing this flavor in Winter. You think about Key West and Florida and everything that is warm. When you have 12 degree temperatures outside you’re comfortable inside eating your Turkey Hill Key Lime Pie ice cream.

40. Ron says:

The Key Lime Pie is great. Found it last week and it didn’t see the new year!

SOUNDS LIKE A NICE SUMMER REFRESHER

42. Kevin Maurer says:

The Pumpkin Pie ice cream is soooooo delicious and addicting. It’s hard to stop at one serving. Hands down, it is my favorite Turkey Hill flavor. Any chance of creating a “light” version? If not, I will just have to throw away my new year’s resolution! We also have the Key Lime Pie variety in our freezer……will certainly enjoy that one too (once the Pumpkin Pie stops calling my name!)

43. Ken says:

Still wish I could have tried the egg nog flavor, but we never get any of these good limited edition flavors here in at least this part of NJ.

44. Nancy Nasso says:

Sounds good and my grandson is excited about it! :-)

I tried the key lime last year and it was great. Can’t wait to get it again. I spoke to the frozen food manager in my super market and asked for more Turkey Hill in all flavors and they said they will do that and if they get a good response, they will carry more of it.

46. Mary Lou says:

Just tried Key Lime Pie. The flavor is delicious but it would be so much better without the graham cracker bullets. We love Key Lime flavor but will not buy this again.

Have to try it first

I love key lime pie yogurt, but I am not sure that I would like it as an ice cram. I’m a little leery about the graham cracker pieces. My store probably doesn’t have it anyways!

49. Lydia says:

I love key lime pie can’t wait to try it

50. Nancy says:

Key Lime is great this time of year. Imagining being on an island beach in the warm sun! Can’t blame a girl for dreaming!!! I’m an icecreamaholic and TH is delish!!!

51. ges says:

A taste of summer in winter!!!

52. mary ann herrmann says:

…brace yourself!! gave my good friends a half gallon of TH
    key lime pie ice cream. they share with their elderly cockatoo.
    yes, it’s true. he absolutely loved the flavor – as we all do.

53. gianna says:

Just received my 12 days of Christmas prize, which was one years worth of Turkey Hill ice cream! THANK YOU!

54. sue says:

i will definitely be looking forthis–love key lime pie and it remnds me of smmer which i could use right about now since our outside temp is 5 degrees F!

55. Keith Lowe says:

I was happy to hear of the new addition to the Turkey Hill Ice Cream flavors. The Key Lime Pie flavor at first seemed to be appropriately flavored but as I continued to enjoy the taste, I felt it would be better suited if the Graham Cracker taste were more of a swirl type. Much like the Graham Slam flavor. Also, a more pungent flavoring of lime would provide a more associative flavor to the Key Lime sour taste. I did enjoy the flavor. However, it would have a longer lasting memorable experience with a stronger Key Lime taste. Just my suggestion, best of luck with new products and flavors. I look forward to more adventurous flavors with a little more emphasis on the true taste/name of the product.

Thanks for your time and attention to my suggestion.

Keith Lowe

56. Nancy says:

I was very excited to try the new flavor but was disappointed in the end. Good idea but there was way too much lime flavor making the ice cream seem bitter. It wasn’t smooth and creamy and the lime just overpowered everything. Sorry, not one I would buy again.

57. Gail Schulman says:

My favorite one is the peach Melba Yogurt. You didn’t mention
    that on your site. It is great! I do like the cookie dough as
    well. Thanks

58. Carol Baker says:

Can’t wait to try the Key Lime Pie flavor. Love anything Key Lime.

59. Brenna says:

I love key lime pie! I’m interested to see what this will taste like and if it will be too sweet, too sour, or a perfect combination. It’s always refreshing to have summer flavors during the winter time.

60. [...] of fans of the frozen confection together, and introduce new flavors, and you’ve got what Turkey Hill dairy calls “Fan-bassadors”. Just look at some of the 54+ comments on the introduction of a [...]

61. [...] of fans of the frozen confection together, and introduce new flavors, and you’ve got what Turkey Hill dairy calls “Fan-bassadors”. Just look at some of the 54+ comments on the introduction of a [...]

62. [...] a bunch of fans of the frozen confection together, and introduce new flavors, and you’ve got what Turkey Hill dairy calls “Fan-bassadors”. Just look at some of the 54+ comments on the introduction of a Key Lime [...]

63. short penis says:

Hi there friends, pleasant piece of writing and nice arguments commented
    at this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.

64. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog
    posts. After all I will be subscribing in your rss feed and I hope you
    write once more very soon!

65. It’s an amazing piece of writing for all the web users;
    they will get benefit from it I am sure.

66. I’m pretty pleased to discover this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!
    I definitely liked every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new
    stuff in your site.