“Just Goodies” is too good to be true

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on April 2nd, 2014

Yesterday we announced a new addition to the Turkey Hill line-up called “Just Goodies.” (“Delicious pints filled with only the goodies you like most, without all of the ice cream that just seems to get in the way.”)

As many of you guessed, thanks to the April 1 announcement date, the new addition was just an April Fools’ joke. That means there will be no pints “filled to top with nothing but fudge…or caramel…or peanut butter…or cookie dough.”

That’s too bad, because it seems more than a few of you thought it was a pretty good idea (especially the cookie dough). Of course, the biggest giveaway that it was an April Fools’ joke – other than the timing – was that while we know the goodies are one of the best parts of any ice cream flavor, we also know that the actual ice cream is pretty important, too!

In other words, goodies like cookie dough, peanut butter, and caramel might be good, but they’re a whole lot better when combined with a great ice cream flavor!

69 Responses to ““Just Goodies” is too good to be true”

1. Anita says:

What a relief! Seemed a wee bit as though Turkey Hill had gone off the deep end; but, unlike someother readers I am comparatively new to the site.

2. Lois says:

Goodies without ice cream are just Goodies. Goodies with ice cream are SCRUMPTIOUS!

3. Rebecca says:

That was a good one! It seemed like such a good idea I think everyone fell for it. But all I need are some crushed peanuts on my Turkey Hill Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream.
    A pint of crushed peanuts I would have purchased. For many years I bought small containers at local supermarkets but can no longer find them.

4. Joan Trautwein says:

Well, I for one and I’m most likely considered to be odd, but plain TH vanilla can’t be beat. Although all the special additions above won’t be turned down, I’d rather not chew my ice cream.

5. millie says:

that’s ok maybe some one will make them

6. janet stone says:

how about peach light or peach melba WOW

7. Ida Beek says:

I also thought the idea was new, different, unique and very creative but knew instinctively it was as April Fool’s joke. However, keep on creating…..

I should have known.

9. Elsie Nicolette says:

You really did a good job setting up this A.F. joke with the announcement ahead of time that something new was in the works! By the way, what do stars mean by names?

I’d like to see a few more flavors without the “goodies”. How about side by side where the consumer decides how much or how little to mix in!

Great April Fool’s Joke but not a bad idea!!!

12. Dick Bradick says:

TURKEY HILL ICE IS THE BEST.

13. Rich Murphy says:

LOL…did seem a little odd. You got me.

14. MC says:

Oh well!!

15. Nancy Donato says:

Goodies are Great!

16. Cath T says:

I liked the part about keeping it in your locker at the gym. Great joke! But I still want these. ;-)

17. Juliette says:

THE ICE CREAM IS THE BEST !

18. Ron says:

Good prank! Everyone that saw it was ready to run out to the store for the “cookie dough goodies”!

19. Phyllis says:

Yummy Good One!

20. Jean says:

Ice cream by any other name, is not the same!

I just knew you would not be branching out with products that didn’t need to be frozen or refrigerated. Good joke, though! Your TH pranksters were working overtime.

I knew it! I knew it was a joke when you said “without the ice cream to get in the way”. Ice cream never gets in the way of the things in the ice cream. They just make it better. The joke is on you!

23. JIm in SOMD says:

Caramel,Fudge, Peanut Butter, and even cookie dough are already available in your local supermarket. I guess that TH could actually sell these same items and they would be located in the same area as the current brands, but since these are not dairy items, I would think that the start up would be high, as I am pretty sure that TH has suppliers for these items right now, rather than producing them in house.

Caramel, Fudge, Peanut Butter, and even cookie dough are already available in your local supermarket. I guess that TH could actually sell these same items and they would be located in the same area as the current brands, but since these are not dairy items, I would think that the start up would be high, as I am pretty sure that TH has suppliers for these items right now, rather than producing them in house.
    Sorry a typo in my original post made it not show up as my entry. I think that the email associated would be use by the webmaster as the final determination as to who is the sender.

TURKEY HILL MAKES LOTS OF DIFFERENT ICE CREAM FLAVORS. SO IF ONE WANTS GOODIES IN WITH THEIR ICE CREAM THEN THEY CAN CHOOSE FROM ROCKY ROAD OR ANY OF THE OTHERS THAT HAVE SOMETHING ALONG WITH THE ICE CREAM.

THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE. KEEP THEM COMING TURKEY HILL. MAYBE NEXT YEAR ONE OF US BLOGGERS WILL GET YOU. LOL

26. judiles says:

Kudos to the person who thought up the gag. Gave us all a giggle, or at least a smile.

27. judiles says:

Kudos to the person who thought up the gag. Gave us all a grin, chuckle or giggle.

28. Ray Hand says:

My lawyer will be contacting you if you don’t send me at least five boxes of “goodies”……..NOT

29. Lynda M Powers Zobel says:

Great April Fool’s Joke! Not only do you have great ice cream; you have a great sense of humor! I still miss your calendars!

30. Leanne Yerkes says:

That was a good trick! I didn’t think anyone did April Fools jokes anymore. I love that your company has a sense of humor.

And if I win a year of ice cream, you’ll be in bankruptcy because my family LOVES icecream!!!!

31. Caroline of Manalapan says:

I did not respond yesterday since the goodies was not my thing and am happy it was an April Fool’s hoax. If the product is excellent I add nothing to it and enjoy the product. TH needs no fancy toppings which would take away from its quality

32. joe barone says:

I told you yesterday I was born at night but not last night…..

33. Nancy says:

Oh No!!! I fell for it!!! TH is fabulous, with additional “goodie’s” it would be awesome!!! LOL!!!Delish!!! I’m an icecreamaholic,I know!!!

34. Tom says:

Chocolate ice cream is my first for any first course,vegetables can come later.

35. Nora Grahe says:

I must say that I too love the goodies but oh yes… your ice cream is most definitely necessary! lol Thanks for the April Fools, good one!

36. grams says:

Sorry to hear that it was a joke. It sounded great, but I was fooled. Turkey Hill is still the best ice cream ever. Keep your goodies in mind though.

37. Irene Vaughn says:

Loved the Coconut Ice Cream you featured last month. Wish that was a regular item.

38. Harriet G says:

If I were given a choice between plain goodies or plain ice cream, I would definitely choose the ice cream.

39. Wanda Gawronski says:

Awww…I was looking foward to just goodies..this way I could make my own mixes..bummer..

40. Frances Nyitrai says:

Should have known it was too good to be true. Anxious to know what is the new item will be. How long must we wait?

41. Vicki Spokes says:

good one

42. Regina says:

Love that Turkey Hill has a sense of humor! Your April Fool’s joke was as great as your ice cream!

43. Debbie says:

Ha, ha! Now, I’m heading to my kitchen to dish up a bowl of Turkey Hill ice cream!

44. REGGIE MCGEE says:

GOOD JOKE

45. Teresa Motz says:

Too bad…I would have bought “Just Goodies”!

46. Nancy says:

Didn’t get me this time! :-)

Glad you’re sticking to the best!

48. TawndaM says:

GLAD to hear it! lol

49. Pershopper says:

Two words. Dark. Chocolate.

50. Mike says:

You unbelieveable bastards. I have been waiting for something like this for years. I saw this and immediately started writing down new flavor combinations I was going to make with these and some plain ice cream. This really pissed me off when I found out it was a joke. Even though I am pretty mad, I must say that no one has “gotten” me this good with an April Fools joke in over 20 years. Congrats.

Can you at least sell the peanut butter goodies? Regular store bought peanut butter is just not the same.

I forgot about April Fool’s Day. Whoever thought about the Just Goodies has a great imagination. They should get a promotion.

52. Ruth Williams says:

I enjoy all your delicious flavors.

53. Susan DiVeglio says:

I believe Turkey Hill is the best there is. I really wishyour distributor could get more flavors and cakes down to North Carolina. The variety is very limited compared to what I see on your website.

Thank you.

54. Janet McClelland says:

The very important thing to me about Turkey Hill Ice Cream is that it is ICE CREAM. Your frozen yogurt is also good but I do prefer ICE CREAM. I will never buy anything that is marked “frozen dairy dessert”.

55. Sandra Roush says:

Turkey Hill ice cream is the best ice cream in the world. I fell in love with the chocolate peanut butter cup many years ago and still love this flavor more than any other kind. Keep up the great work!

56. Turkey Hill is the creamiest ice cream there is & the flavors are so out of this world. My favorite is peanut butter my second is anything with almonds

57. Michael Eddy says:

C’mon peanut butter lovers – I know you’re out there – we can’t lose in the finals to chocolate! Deep, dark or otherwise. And Go UConn Huskies!! Beat Florida – again.

58. That one really didn’t make much sense.

gotcha

60. I have been enjoying your Products for years, But I Love Your Ice Cream the Best. It has Flavor and is Creamy, It’s the BEST on the MARKET FOR ME. Thank You

61. E Moyer says:

I love the Peanut Butter Ripple the best.

62. kevin homan says:

Yum, Just plain yum!!!!!

63. Michele Bauer says:

You now have the fixings so now you can add your favorite flavor of ice cream

64. Michele Bauer says:

Advertize it as THT (Turkey Hill Toppings)

65. Lin says:

I want more NATURAL ice cream without artificial ingredients…PLEASE make more variety…Thanks, my favorite flavors are coffee and coconut!!!

66. lydia says:

got to buy more ice cream if I have all those goodies

Sometimes I need a scoop of fudge to get me through the day.

68. sue says: