FOOD NETWORK TO VISIT TURKEY HILL DAIRY

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on May 14th, 2008

Exciting news! This Friday, a camera crew from the Food Network show “Unwrapped” will pay a visit to the Dairy to tape a segment for an upcoming episode about peanut butter. The focus of their cameras will be on how we make Creamy Commotions Moose Tracks ice cream—an irresistible combination of vanilla ice cream, Moose Tracks fudge and peanut butter cups.

For those of you don’t already watch Unwrapped on the Food Network, you don’t know what you’re missing. The show takes an inside look at how some of America’s favorite foods are made with each episode featuring a different type of food.

We’ll be sharing the spotlight with Denali Flavors, the company responsible for developing the Moose Tracks flavor of ice cream. Feel free to check out the Denali Moose Tracks website for more information about their award-winning ice cream concoctions.

We’ll try to find out when the episode will air and let you know as soon as we can. We’ll also be sure to take lots of pictures of their visit to our corner of Lancaster County and post them here on the Ice Cream Journal next week!

Tags:

28 Responses to “FOOD NETWORK TO VISIT TURKEY HILL DAIRY”

1. Artemis says:

Great ! Moose Tracks is a fav of mine choco an peanutbutter! an fudge!!! I like watching “unwrapped” its a great show!!!

2. mary frey says:

we sure love the moose tracks ,our four year old gets kick out of them , he calls them moose droppings,children are funny too name things different

3. Kelly D says:

Moose Tracks is ONE of my sons favorites. Unwrapped is a great show, such interesting shows they have come up with, can;t wait to see this one!!

4. Peg Cramer says:

I live “without cable” so I’ll have to wait for your next blog to keep up. There are other ways to fuel my foodie interests…multiple cookbooks scattered around the house, and PBS cooking shows.

5. Lois S says:

Can’t wait to see the show. Live in Etown, eat Moosetracks almost every night, all Turkey Butter peanut butter flavors my best ones.

6. D Bruner says:

Turkey Hill, that is really great for the Food Network is coming to you. I am original from Penna and now in North Carolina and I watch “unwrapped” all the time. Your product is the GREATEST!

7. Maryann says:

Good for you Turkey Hill, being on the Food Network is a great thing. I’ll look forward to the pictures. I had Moose Tracks light and it is great, I’ll have to try Denali Moose Tracks, can’t wait.

8. Heather says:

Moose Tracks was always my favorite when I worked at an ice cream shop. Yay for the “free ice cream per shift” policy!

9. Heidi says:

This is really awesome! After your segment airs on “Unwrapped” you will have no other choice but to go national with TH! On another note, if there is any poor soul out there that has not had the opportunity to try Fried Ice Cream, you had better get to the store before me because I’m going to buy the rest of it!!! Please tell me you will bring this flavor back next year…

10. Caroline says:

Its good to see the food network agrees with us to rate you a show. Now I will find out how you got that moose down from Maine to Pa. to make the tracks. Peg should get a friend to tape it for her. We have Cablevision and tape shows my sister doesn’t get on Comcast. I might tape it t show my grandchildren when they visit for Camp Grandma

11. Mary Pemberton says:

Congratulations!!!!! I watch Food Network a lot and I think it’s great that they’ve realized what wonderful products your company puts out.

12. alicelynne says:

Looking forward to catching the show. Keep us posted!!

13. Adrian says:

D Bruner, where in NC are you? I’m near Winston-Salem and I have to drive to Martinsville, VA to get my Turkey Hill. How about you? Can you find it near you? TH is one of many reasons I want to move to south central PA.

Unwrapped is a great show. As for Creamy Commotions, Moose Tracks is a good flavor but Peanut Butter Kandy Kake is my favorite.

14. mary frey says:

WOW, WHAT A LARGE MOO IN COW;;;; WORLDS LARGEST COW ;;JUST LIKE THE ICE CREAM , WORLDS BEST, TASTING ICE CRERAM WORLD WIDE;;;

15. Jeanne says:

Unwrapped is a great show from the Food Channel. Congrats to you for making the “grade” we always knew you did a long time ago-glad to see others are finally seeing that too. I have been looking for Fried ice cream but NO SUCH LUCK. I will just continue to enjoy the other flavors as I have for years.
    Thank you for ALL.

16. peg says:

Bring on the tour. I hope our networks will show it.

17. Paula says:

WooHoo!!! The hill has hit the big time…May I have your autograph? Or maybe that should be hoof print! You know that Food Network seeks out only the best!We’ve known it all along!

18. Anne King says:

Congratulations-another honor you deserve!

19. mary frey says:

we are going to try you moose track , ice cream, loks so good ;,boy it sure is delightful. we gave you a good vote on this moose tracks ice cream, mighty good ;;

20. Bernadette says:

I think it is great the Food Network will be there, and peanut butter, one of my favorite. Love it!!!!! Can’t wait to watch.

21. brenda says:

Where can I get Moose track turkey hill ice cream? I want ot try it now. It’s look so good in the picture.
    I am going to the store to buy some turkey hill ice cream now…you make me hungry for some.

22. Robert Millman says:

We love your ice cream and we would like to see coupons once in a while.

23. Victoria Corum says:

PARTY PARTY PARTY TIME

JULY IS SPECIAL FOR ME TOO! I CELEBRATE A BIRTHDAY IN THIS MONTH AND INTEND TO EAT TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM EVERYDAY TO CELEBRATE THIS WONDERFUL TIME OF LIFE. TURKEY HILL YOU ARE THE BEST! YOU ARE NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK. “LET THE PARTY BEGIN”
    THANKS TURKEY HILL FOR MAKING MY PARTY THE BEST EVER.

24. Kathy Buzzard says:

Love the mix of sorbet and ice cream. Would love to see some coupons for it again!

25. kenneth e bray says:

From the best state in the country (Maine)!!! TO the best ice cream in the world… ( TURKEY HILL FARMS) !!!
    Keep the flavors coming !!!

26. Daniel Kohler says:

To make oyster ice cream, first you must make oyster soup:

Wash and drain two quarts of oysters, put them on with three quarts of water, three onions chopped up, two or three slices of lean ham, pepper and salt; boil it till reduced one-half, strain it through a sieve, return the liquid into the pot, put in one quart of fresh oysters, boil it till they are sufficiently done, and thicken the soup with four spoonsful of flour, two gills of rich cream, and the yelks of six new laid eggs beaten well; boil it a few minutes after the thickening is put in. Take care it does not curdle, and that the flour is not in lumps; serve it up with the last oysters that were put in. If the flavour of thyme be agreeable, you may put in a little, but take care that it does not boil in it long enough to discolour the soup.

Then you simply take this rich soup, strain it from the oysters, chill, and serve. I’m guessing the same can be done with catfish soup. Let me know if you try it.

Oh, and this ice cream can still be found in abundance in Japan.

27. Loretta & Kids says:

We just love your ice cream!! Our favorite is by far Moose Tracks!!! We eat your ice cream every single night!!

28. KITTY says:

Moose Tracks Light Chocolate Nutty is my favorite ice cream. I add some strawberries or bluberries. This is perfect.