WHO’S GOT A SPOON?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on June 9th, 2008

June is National Dairy Month. It’s sort of like a warm up for National Ice Cream Month (July), but it includes other milk-based goodies like cheese and yogurt. Did you know that milk is the official beverage of Pennsylvania? It’s true. Dairy is also the largest part of Pennsylvania’s agricultural industry (over $1.5 billion annually).

To help celebrate National Dairy Month, several key figures from the state dairy industry gathered on the steps of capitol in Harrisburg last week. Among the items on the agenda was the creation of a giant ice cream sundae made with 90 gallons of Turkey Hill vanilla ice cream. The super-sized dessert was topped with 10 gallons of chocolate fudge, 10 gallons of strawberries, 30 pounds of chopped pecans and a ball of cherries.

Below is a picture of the treat (photo taken by the Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association). On the left is Pennsylvania Dairy Princess, Lyndsey Royek and on the right is Pennsylvania Secretary of Agriculture Dennis C. Wolff.

Tags: , , , ,

63 Responses to “WHO’S GOT A SPOON?”

1. mary frey says:

HOLY MOLDIE , WOW, SURE LOVE THAT DISH OF THE WORLDS SUPER DISH OF TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM

2. Peg Cramer says:

Truly, the dessert of my dreams!

3. Maria C.Martinez says:

WOW,THAT IS THE LARGEST SUNDAE EVER. IT LOOKS AWESOME AND SO TEMPTING. I CAN TELL YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN…THAT’S GREAT!!

4. Lucy T says:

Wow, did that make my mouth water!

5. Bonnie Traher says:

Yikes!Someone got a belly ache but what a price to pay for sheer enjoyment.

6. Turkey Hill Team says:

For those of you that live close to Lancaster we will be building a giant ice cream sundae at the Lancaster Barnstormers game on Saturday, July 12th in honor of Agriculture and Dairy night. Come out early to make sure you get some ice cream.

Now you know why vanilla once the ice cream contest.

8. Jacqueline says:

With this heat, we’re enjoying extra Turkey Hill. But that was quite a lot!
    Great picture.

9. mary frey says:

to find the worlds largest spoon or lots of spoons ,looks so good

10. bill says:

in this heat, you could leave it melt, then drink it. watch out for the cheeries.

11. Rosemary says:

Yummy!!! What a great picture? Was everyone handed a spoon and told to dig in after the picture was taken? If so, I wish I was there!!!

12. Kelly D says:

Never heard that was coming up. I live so close, could’ve been there to enjoy it, Darn

13. Thomas says:

I’d finished that off in a day(in my dreams)

14. Jan says:

WOW, it’s almost worth it to move to Lancaster for some of the worlds’ super sundae. Gonna get my freezer stocked tonight with more of turkey hill. We are having a heat wave

Hopefully, all that ice cream didn’t go to waste. Give everyone a spoon and maybe they can set a time record in finishing off 90 gallons of Turkey Hill ice cream. I would have been more than happy to help.

16. Artemis says:

I would love to just dig right in with my moms large wooden spoon!!!!

17. brenda says:

Ok…where is my mixing spoon, better yet…where is my exlarge soup spoon. I could just dig in and eat for days..
    that would be breakfast, lunch and dinner.I wuold be too full to eat in between meal. Turkeeeeey Hill Ice cream hear I come with my spoon…

Let me see, I have a shovel around here somewhere, LOL! :). That sundae looks delicious!

19. Caroline says:

It reminds me of the days way back when I was a teenager. There was (and maybe still is) a small ice cream chain that had a sundae called “The kitchen sink” It was probably a gallon of ice cream of multi flavors with all the toppings. A group of us at least 6 would order it and then dig in. Most of the time we finished it.

20. Jean says:

how nice that would have been in the 92% and humid the last couple of days to jump in and eat to cool TURKEY HILL.

21. Susan C says:

great picture-I would have preferred chocolate ice cream but the 10 gallons of chocolate fudge must have been a welcome addition!

22. Maryann says:

Oh my, what a feast! My mouth is watering for ice cream, and its morning, and I am at work, theres no ice cream!! I’ll have to wait till I get home, 5 o’clock get here soon!!!!

23. Dani says:

Wow! How I’d love to grab a spoon and dig into that one!!

My family’s from down south, and I remember the first time my little sister came to visit me in Pennsylvania and marveled at the “black and white” (dairy) cows, as opposed to the brown and black cows (beef cattle) that we have back home. Cute!

24. Stefanie Schmidt says:

I would love to dive into this dessert! What a great way to celebrate National Dairy Month with lots and lots of yummy Turkey Hill.

25. Anne King says:

What an honor for Turkey Hill and well deserved!

26. lucy k. says:

Boy, would I like to dive into that!!Yum Yum. I wouldn’t be sick of eating ice cream either!!

27. rosemarie says:

I would rather have a bowl of turkey Hill ice cream than a bowl of moms homemade chicken soup.

28. Angela Lee says:

In the heat of summer, I am sitting here imagining a giant mountain of Turkey Hill ice cream in every color and flavor under the sun.

29. Liz Conforti says:

Yummo Ice Cream! As the song goes…Nobody does it better…..

30. Donna Schmidt says:

I’m back home in PA and enjoying Turkey Hill ice cream. The best!

31. Susan Reikowski says:

Your ice cream is so creamy! I love it. Particularly the strawberries & cream.

32. Carole Hooper says:

Now that’s what I call a sundae!!! If I had been there I would have thought I had gone to ice cream heaven!!

33. glenn shrum says:

10 teenagers can take care of this stack of melting ice cream…

34. Parker Flores says:

One of the best ways I can think of ending a long hard day is with a dish of Turkey Hills exciting flavors of ice cream. What better way to end a day!

35. Cindy Payne says:

OH WOW!!
    Give me a spoon and I am in heaven!!!!

36. Edward McCormick says:

My wife’s favorite would be to substitute your “Philadelphia Style Coffee” for the vanilla ice cream. The chocolate sauce, etc. is perfect! But no one could pass up a chance to enjoy your creation!!

37. gene loya says:

i’m in fla now and will be eturning to Pa sometime in July. I will be sure to stop in and get your new mint ice cream

38. rosina haniszewski says:

We’re snowbirds – we spend half a year in Florida. Unfortunately, I can’t find Turkey Hill ice cream there. I wish I could put some on ice and take it on my next trip to Florida.

39. Jan Foley says:

I allready receive the updates. Just a comment

The Rocky Road ice cream is one of my favorites, however I just seen the Junior mint on the Web, musy try it. The varity of ice cream you come up with amazes me. Keep up the good work, this is the only brand I buy now.

40. bernadette wessells says:

turkey hill ice cream is better then
    any desert

41. kathy porter says:

wow, that’s alot of ice cream. my hubby would eat that really quick. no lie…i buy 6 turkey hill ice creams a week and he eats them all…i never saw anyone eat as much of it as he does. and, i mean the 1/2 gals. not little ones

42. Christine Hoopengardner says:

I recently visited a grocery store in Frederick MD. who had a special on Turkey Hill Ice Cream. I got two half gallons of Turkey Hill ice cream and the lady behind me had another brand.
    The cashier and I were talking about the good deal on Turkey Hill Ice Cream and the lady behind me overheard the conversation. The cashier was saying “How can anyone buy any other ice cream but Turkey Hill?” I agreed with her that it was the only ice cream I buy because it is so good. The lady behind me heard our conversation and took the other ice cream back and got Turkey Hill. I’m sure she is a die hard Turkey Hill fan now too!!

43. Amelda O'Brien says:

Just had our treat for the evening – Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate (no sugar added) and now we are happy folk. That is one of our favorites.

44. Jann Foti says:

What a bowl of ice cream. I buy Turkey Hill all the time and I think its the best. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to trying the new Junior Mint flavor.

45. Bill Kuhn says:

Turkey Hill ice cream is so rich and creamy, it melts in your mouth. I vote for Butter Pecan.

46. Robert Haselton, Jr. says:

The ONLY ice cream I eat is Turkey Hill Rocky Road,its absolutly the best ice cream EVER!!!!!

47. Joanna says:

Turkey hill all flavors in my freezer is served every Sunday after our pasta dinner I keep at least 8 different varities we mix and match.

48. Joanna DiLaurenzio says:

every Sunday is turkey hill day in my house we mix and match flavors

49. Roger Bowers says:

Is there anything better on a warm summer evening than sitting on your porch with a delicious bowl of creamy, Turkey Hill ice cream?

50. Joanna DiLaurenzio says:

minny mountains survered in my home wish i had a big dish like that to serve larger amounts

51. Kelly Di Leo says:

Reminds me of my first job – Annie’s Ice Cream Parlor. I was the only 13 girl in my school that could whoop the boys at arm wrestling – thanks to scooping ice cream.

52. Eva Moran says:

Nothing makes your happier than a big dish of ice cream. At the same time, there’s nothing that can turn that smile upside down than when it’s all gone. Turkey Hill is the best!!!!

53. Duncan M. says:

That Junior Mint looks pretty good. I’ll have to see if I can find it.

54. Carolyn says:

Now THAT’S a sundae!

55. nicole cortright says:

We’ll be visiting Lancaster to see that huge sundae!

56. debbie ulmer says:

WOW – I’d love to jump into that on a hot steamy day!!!!!!!

57. John says:

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to find a good selection of Turkey Hill flavors so when we do find a freezer full of different selections we go absolutely bonkers buying up everything in sight.
    That sundae sure brings home the importance of a good balanced diet of many many flavors to insure good health and satisfaction from our Turkey Hill products.
    Next on my list is Root Beer Float! With the price of gas today it will cost me a fortune to find it but find it I will!

58. […] Association built a giant ice cream sundae on the steps of Pennsylvania’s Capitol yesterday. Like last year, the Dairy Association asked Turkey Hill to donate the 90 gallons of vanilla ice cream that was […]

59. victoria says:

THAT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wud luv 2 try and eat that :D

60. Melody says:

I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and
    entertaining, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something not enough people
    are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something
    relating to this.

My site :: web page – Melody,

61. pen.io says:

Hello there I am so happy I found your blog, I really found you by mistake,
    while I was looking on Google for something else, Anywways I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a incredible
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look ofer it
    all at the minute but I have book-marked it aand also
    included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep uup the
    excellent work.

62. Hi, its good piece of writing concerning media print,
    we all understand media is a enormous source of data.