ICE CREAM HABITS OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on September 22nd, 2008

The gals at Scoopalicious are at it again, this time with an astute observation about the ice cream eating habits of the presidential candidates. It seems like a little ice cream is the perfect pick-me-up for those long days on the campaign trail because both camps have been spotted indulging a scoop or two of their favorite flavor.

While in Aliquippa, PA (north of Pittsburgh), Barack Obama and running mate Joe Biden made a pit stop at the Windmill Ice Cream Shop. Obama opted for a scoop of butter pecan on a cone. According to a CBS News report, Biden, was very frank about his love of ice cream, saying, “I may have vices but this is my biggest one,” Biden told the Obamas as he ordered two large scoops of chocolate and vanilla ice cream. “I ran for vice president just so I could get ice cream.”

John McCain and Sarah Palin have also taken time out to satisfy their sweet tooth. The pair stopped at the Dairy Dutchess ice cream shop in New Concord, Ohio on August 31. Interestingly, both candidates ordered their treats in a bowl instead of a cone, with McCain requesting a medium serving of chocolate ice cream. The team also ordered many of the Dairy Dutchess’s signature dipped soft serve cones for family members along with “15 hamburgers and/or cheeseburgers, 12 Coney dogs, six hot dogs and several orders of french fries” for the rest of their hungry campaign team.

Speaking of presidential ice cream habits, did you know that former president Bill Clinton is the only person to have ever been allowed to break the Penn State Creamery’s rule against combining two flavors in the same dish or cone? He asked for a scoop of Peachy Paterno and Cherry Quist and he got it! You can read all about it here.

Tags: , , , , ,

19 Responses to “ICE CREAM HABITS OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES”

1. Thomas says:

Leave it to good old Bill to break the rules—just kidding!

2. RTianna says:

Well bowl versus cones……u decide lol. Butterpecan and chocolate both favs of mine!!

3. Stefanie Schmidt says:

Is it wrong to base your vote on what kind of ice cream the candidates like? I vote Turkey Hill number one!

4. Jacqueline says:

I suppose ice cream eating could replace baby kissing as the new American campaign tactic for the presidency. I’d rather eat ice cream myself!

5. alicelynne says:

Thank you for giving equal time to the candidates. And yes, I did hear the story about Bill Clinton!! The Creamery is a great visit!!

6. Margaret M says:

Sometimes it’s just too hot to eat a ice cream cone because it melts faster than you can eat it and who wants to rush through something so delicious!

This just proves the candidates are just like the rest of us – they too like their ice cream. Let’s hope they have had a chance to try Turkey Hill. I am sure they would vote it No. 1.

8. mary frey says:

turkeyhill is for everybody ,in the whole world

9. brenda says:

Hi turkey Hill Fans,
    It is good to know our candidates love ice cream. Turkey hill when are you going to send us some free coupon for free ice cream… I tried to win some with the contest, but nothing. I am ging to try again this month to get some free ice cream.

10. Linda Leffler says:

I bet ever since Ice Cream was invented every President loved it. To bad for those who didn’t, since there isn’t anything better than Ice Cream, especially Turkey Hill. I don’t care if I have coupons or not, nothing will stop me from buying Turkey Hill. Thanks Linda

11. Linda Vollmerhausen says:

I’m curious…what flavor did Sarah Palin get? I like McCain and Biden’s choices of chocolate and vanilla. And even if Clinton did break the rules, peach and cherry sound absolutely delicious!

12. Maryann says:

Everyone loves ice cream. An old AMERICAN favorite. Go all the way McCain/Palin!!

Maybe we could all bury our hatchets and have peace world wide if everyone took a Turkey Hill Ice Cream break!

14. Adrian says:

They’re all foolish for not eating Turkey Hill!! I’m going to write in Turkey Hill.

15. Kelly Grabey says:

I’m interested in knowing what flavor(s) Sarah Palin ate, too! Whatever it was, I know she ate it with class .. you GO GIRL!!!

I like the photo of Joe Biden, 2 cones, one for each hand. I may not vote for him, but I will consider his ice cream eating style for myself

I would never vote for anyone who didn’t like ice cream. That would be un-American!

I would never vote for anyone who doesn’t like ice cream. That would be un-American!

19. Cheers for your details. Greatly appreciated….