THE GREATEST STORE EVER?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on April 28th, 2009

This photo caught our eye because it’s related to this month’s poll and, for many of us, it’s perhaps the greatest store in existence. It’s located in Cooperstown, NY (home of the Baseball Hall of Fame) at 137 Main Street (as seen in the photo). After a little research, we’re guessing that the “greatest store” seen in this photo is the Sandlot Kid Bat Company. According to their website, they’re also located at that address and specialize in engraved personalized baseball bats. And ice cream, of course.

Now we realize not all of you are baseball fans, but we are all ice cream fans. Which leads us to ask: If a baseball and ice cream store isn’t your idea of perfection, what other item would a store have to sell (in addition to ice cream) in order to top your list of places to shop?

Tags: , , ,

18 Responses to “THE GREATEST STORE EVER?”

1. Rachel says:

Book of course. But the baseball souvenirs would bring my husband in. So if it could be baseball souvenirs AND books, that would be perfect.

2. Thomas says:

Flea Markets and ice cream

3. Susan K. Lapp says:

I would DEFINATELY GO IN JUST FOR THE “ICE CREAM”!!! :)

4. Margaret M says:

I would like to see all the Drug Stores have soda fountains inside like the old days, as long as they sold Turkey Hill exclusively.

5. Wayne Merris says:

The only emperor is the emperor of ice cream

6. Sheila says:

I agree with Rachel – books and ice cream! What more could you want?

7. Carol Triano says:

I would think any store that offers ice cream on your way out would be okay with me !!! Some tables and benches on the outside would just be great also.

8. Mary Gropp says:

In DC we have the Arlington Cinema and Draft House which combines a movie theater with food and beer/wine. I think a movie theater with an ice cream bar is the best of both worlds! Movies such as The Legend of Turkey Hill House could run!

9. BETTY says:

anything with ice cream

10. Bert says:

Bait Tackle and Ice Cream.

11. Charlie says:

At the beginning of “It’s a Wonderful Life”,we see a young George Baily serving ice cream to a young Mary, in a drug store.Wouldn’t it be great if you could eat Ice Cream these days while waiting for your prescription to be filled?

12. Maryann Striff says:

When I was a child in the 50’s I still remember eating ice cream and floats in Mary’s candy store. They were the best, and you never wanted it to end, so you ate it real slow. Those certainly were GREAT DAYS!!! Oh my I’m OLD!!!

13. brenda says:

Hi Turkey Hill Fans, I don’t recall that store, My family lived in New York in the 50’s. My family never went to that store. I remmber going to the drug store, 5 and dime or woolworth store sitting at the soda fountains drink a ice cream soda,

14. Cheryl S says:

It would have to be a store that sells Turkey Hill Ice Cream and CHOCOLATE!!!!!

I think it’s always a treat when a place sells really great food and terrific ice cream!

16. alicelynne says:

Terriic combination to entice us all!!

They should also sell hot dogs and apple pie!

18. Arlene A. says:

An Antique store with a children’s carousel,and having our favorite ice cream cone with Turkey Hill Ice cream.YUMMY!