NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS WE CAN ALL KEEP!

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on January 4th, 2010

newyearHappy New Year everyone! We hope everyone’s 2010 is off to a good start. By the way, is the new year pronounced “two thousand ten” or “twenty ten”? We were debating that here at the offices. Anyhow, the following list of New Year’s ice cream resolutions was printed here on the Ice Cream Journal last year, but we thought these resolutions were so good that they deserved a second look.

Let us know if you plan to add any of these resolutions to your list!

1. Expand your ice cream horizons. Try one new flavor of ice cream per month.

2. Make homemade ice cream and invent your own signature flavor.

3. Explore ways to use ice cream in drink and dessert recipes.

4. Visit your local scoop shop more often.

5. Eat ice cream for breakfast (not often, but try it…you might like it!)

6. Use a special ice cream bowl and ice cream spoon.

7. Learn more about the history of ice cream and its production process.

8. Visit an ice cream factory.

9. Offer to buy a stranger an ice cream cone on a hot summer day (no guarantees with this one…he or she might just look at you funny and walk briskly in the opposite direction.)

10. Visit the Turkey Hill sampling tent at an event near you in 2010!

Tags: , , ,

51 Responses to “NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS WE CAN ALL KEEP!”

1. sandy c from Corry,Pa says:

I have no new years resolutions but I don’t like being snowed in here in Pa and no TH ice cream in the house.

2. Bob jenkins says:

I usually buy Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream but my local Giant store didn’t have any in the freezer case so I bought Rockey Road instead. It is definitely delicious. I think it has the same chocolate base as the Peanut Butter cup which is just perfect. I was enjoying some today with the outside temperatures at 25 degrees. I love Turkey Hill!!!!!!!!!

3. IceCreamFiend says:

I just plan on eating more Turkey Hill ice cream in 2010. So far, I’m off to a good start :)

4. MARY FREY says:

sounds good to me.go turkey hilll

5. Anne L. King says:

One new flavor a month sounds good to me!

6. Yvonne says:

How about visit an ice cream factory……does Turkey Hill host visits?

7. linda lambeck says:

I make a point to eat a bowl of ice cream every tuesday night when the biggest loser comes on. My husband often eats ice cream for dinner and sometimes breakfast. he has a spoon in the car for those occasions that he can not wait to make it home from the store with the ice cream. not kidding.
    my resolution will be to try some new recipe involving ice cream.

8. millie buzzone says:

all ready eat ice cream everynightthe only time i don’t is when i am sick

9. Judi says:

I say 20 10. Or maybe MMC!

Oh and thanky you so much for the calendar. It seems specially nice this year!

Oh, and I’m snowed in without any ice too, in upstate NY.

10. Ken says:

I love your ice cream!

11. Lois Sidelnick says:

Yes, thank you for the calendar. And I say 20 10. My resolutions are to enjoy more flavors, eat more, use more in recipes, try different dishes, spoons, cones, etc. All using Turkey Hill ice cream. The best

I’m getting nervous–my ice cream supply is unusually low.

13. Ellen says:

two thousand ten is what I’m saying. Last year’s resolutions look good to me.

14. Cheryl says:

We have done many of these all ready but I like the idea of buying a stranger an ice cream cone and having ice cream for breakfast.

15. Caroline of Manalapan says:

2010 started out fine. On Jan. 2 my TH Calendar arrived, can anything be better than that. I am now looking forward to Feb. when again I can get the TH “Box of Chocolate”. Four days into the year it is cold but no snow to clean so no complaints for 2010 yet.

16. Deb says:

We say twenty ten here at our house. I like the idea of touring ice cream factories — does Turkey Hill have a tour?

17. Robbin Netz says:

In order of my top picks: #9 is a great idea, #10 is a no-brainer, #1, except change it to 1 per week instead of 1 per month, last but not least #7. Happy New Year to everyone!

18. Linda Leffler says:

I say Two Thousand and Ten. I don’t make resolutions, because I know I would break them. I have TH ice cream at my house all the time, I never want to run out. Thank you for the calendar, very nice this year and the coupons really come in handy. Linda

19. Jacqueline Seewald says:

I always make New Year’s resolutions and mean to keep them–invariably I don’t!

20. jeannine leonard says:

We say two thousand and ten. Thank you for the calander, we used two of the coupons already.

21. Cyndee says:

I like two thousand ten. When we get to 2020, we can say twenty twenty, until then, I am going to two thousand and I’m sticking with Turkey Hill. I’m looking forward to July for that limited edition peanut butter. Yum!

22. Gloria Springer says:

My husband always uses his special ice cream dish and spoon when he has his favorite Turkey Hill flavors. I was reminded that all important events are said like twenty-ten. Think of 1492, 1776, and of course the 1812 Overture. Makes sense to me. Maybe 2010 will be a good year too to remember.

I have actually done most of these, but one that I would love to try is to visit an ice cream factory. do you have any suggestions?

24. jilly says:

My New’s years resolution is to return back to the parade that gives out free turkey hill samples…was yummy, thank you th

My resolution is to eat ice cream everyday! :)

26. Christine McKnight says:

I think I’ve already kept those resolutions

Why not make this list my resolutions for the year. There is no need to add these to any otter list. It couldn’t be more perfect. And these are resolutions that I would love to keep over and over again.

28. gianna says:

I like 2010; I’ve done #2 and #5 would love to do #8 and #10; and everyone should really do #9!

29. gianna says:

oops, I meant to say twenty ten.

Anything Turkey Hill is a resolution that will be easy to keep!

31. Stefanie Schmidt says:

I would stick to any resolution that involves ice cream!

32. Karen B says:

I love anything that has to do with Turkey Hill ice cream. I agree…let’s do all 10. Turkey Hill ice cream is a “10”. I love ice cream for breakfast. If it has fruit in it then it is a great way to start your day. Add a little granola and it will be like a bowl of cereal. Yes…these are resolutions I can and want to keep.

33. KEN says:

WELL……It’s 2:42AM(EST)and I just had some Turkey Hill EGG NOG ice cream
    for my snack.My stomack dose not know what time it is!!!

34. Ann says:

I will add any resolution that includes eating TH ice cream to my list! I am looking forward to finding the TH sampling tent at any and all events within an hour and a half drive of my home! Happy New Year TH and to all of your fans!

Ice cream for breakfast. Sure beats the old Breakfast of champions, doesn’t it? Sounds great.

36. Craig Kurtz says:

if there is Ice Cream, then all things are possible. LIVE LIFE to the fullest and Smile!!!! : )

37. jonibee says:

Welcome not only the New Year, but Turkey Hill Icecream with two hands each with an icecream cone, one to eat one to give to your favorite person. PS: I love your calendar please put the day numbers in larger colorful print, if you offer it next year.

38. Carol Triano says:

I am going to put #1 on my list of resolutions and try one new flavor of Turkey Hill Ice Cream each month. Wow,my grandsons are going to think I am the best grandma ever……..they will reap the rewards.

39. Jane M says:

Here in the Buffalo New York area, there is a local ice cream stand that offers 1/2 price on cones when it is snowing outside. It makes resolution number 4 easy to keep.

Those sound like good resolutions! By the way, I say “two thousand ten.” And speaking of 2010, is there a 2010 Turkey Hill Calendar? I got a calendar last year and just loved the pictures (and the coupons!) in it.

41. Lauren says:

I still say “two thousand ten” but I think eventually I’ll switch over to “twenty ten” since that’s shorter.

I’ll add “make homemade ice cream” to my list of things to do this year since I have an ice cream maker that I received as a gift but haven’t tried yet!

RIGHT NOW WE ARE SAYING TWO THOUSAND TEN. BUT I BET WE WILL BE SAYING TWENTY TEN ANYTIME NOW. IT SEEMS A LITTLE CATCHIER.
    RECEIVED MY NEW CALENDAR AND AS ALWAYS JUST LOVE IT.
    THANKS TURKEY HILL.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

43. Clara Titus says:

The one about eating ice cream for breakfast that has happened at my house. My granddaughter Brittany had stayed all night and I did not have anything for breakfast she wanted. I fed her ice cram. Why not, has good stuff in it. We did not tell her Mom for about a week. Mom got a good laugh out of that.

44. jilly says:

Thank’s Turkey Hill…What a beautiful calendar, coupons make it better.

45. DeePickens says:

#5 well come on, ice cream is clearly a breakfast food, it has milk, & eggs, how much more breakfast food can you get! My New Year res is to eat more Turkey Hill ice cream of all flavors!

46. Jeanne says:

Boy do I miss my Turkey Hill calendar-
    can I order one for 2010 (two thousand ten/or twenty ten?).
    Please give address and cost for ordering this…I miss the smiling faces each month.

47. M. Morgan says:

I will try to do all 10 but I’m not sure about #9. I know if someone offered to buy me an ice cream cone, I’d be a little concerned.
    I think the correct pronunciation is two thousand ten. We didn’t call the year 2000 just twenty but two thousand so I think we should follow suit on that.
    Thank you for my calendar,I love it!

48. Turkey Hill Team says:

It sounds like everyone is off to a good start with their ice cream resolutions! As for the calendar, feel free to request one by emailing your name and address to our customer service team using the “Contact Us” feature here:

But there are no promises that calendars will still be available!! Those are popular items!

Two family ice cream stories…My daughter thought she was in heaven when she found out the Kreider Farms in Hershey. PA served ice cream for breakfast. My son bought me an ice cream scoop for Mother’s Day one year and left a note that said, “Here’s your Mother’s Day gift. If it is a piece of junk–it only cost a dollar! Needless to say, we’re still using it!

50. Marcy says:

Ice Cream is always good anytime!

ice cream anytime of the day