ICE CREAM FROM A-TO-Z (PART 2)

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on July 11th, 2010

Last week (or the week before), we featured an A-to-Z list description of ice cream from one of our reader-writers and we’re doing it again this week because it’s just so much fun! This list was submitted by Eunice B. of Manheim, PA, right here in Lancaster County! By the way, the Alphabet Ice Cream image below is the cover of a children’s book. Feel free to grab a copy here.

A – Addicting
U – Universal appeal
V – Vanilla bean
W – Waffle cone
X – Xtra scoop
Y – Yumminess
Z – Zero competition

By the way, one thing we’ve noticed in these A-to-Z ice cream entries is that it’s not easy to come up with things for X and Z. Our writers so far have succeeded in doing so, but are there any words or sayings you can think of that match?

37 Responses to “ICE CREAM FROM A-TO-Z (PART 2)”

1. jonibee says:

“Xcellent” and Zestful(full of flavor or adding interest).. some times words can’t explain but tasting it sure does!..jonibee

2. Jean Marie says:

awesome!!!!!!!!

3. Lois Sidelnick says:

Xciting and Zany with all the different flavors and titles . these words fill the void.

4. Ken says:

I love your ice cream!

I applaud Eunice B for her imagination in coming up with all those words to describe ice cream. There are really no words that actually begin with “X” to describe ice cream. Stretching it a bit is the only way to get your “X” and “Z” words. Of course the perfect word for “T” is Turkey Hill.

Good job, guys. I can’t come up with any adjectives because I’m too busy eating and have a brain freeze.

7. CAROL TRIANO says:

I am purchasing the book to add to a baby gift. I want Gabriella to start liking ice cream as soon as she can and of course making Turkey Hill her favorite. Will have to send some pics.

8. Elise says:

I enjoy word puzzles, so I will put my mind to work with regard to words that start with “X” and “Z”. This A to Z list is clever, and I had fun reading it!

9. Kathy M. says:

Oh yeah – the ice cream truck.

I must be old or sumpin’ – I remember the frantic “MOM! Can I have 15 cents for the ice cream man? Hurry, he’s leaving!”

And racing barefoot down the hot street to catch the guy. Oh, and the satisfying CLUMP sound of the freezer door opening and shutting, letting out some precious cool air, ’cause hardly any homes had a/c back then.

Thanks for the memories, Eunice B.

10. Nancy N says:

Great job, Eunice. I enjoyed reading your list!

11. Beth Z says:

yumm

12. Carol Y says:

E is for EUNICE and her EXCELLENT use of the alphabet!

Great job Eunice! I can’t come up with anything for X and Z! :)

14. Cinda F says:

Great use of the alphabet for icecream I have another 1 coming that I am working on so look for it in my future comments.

15. Ann says:

Xtreamly delicious and zany flavors would be my two choices! Really good job on your choices too!

16. Sharon says:

How about Zealously consumed?

17. Vicki Spokes says:

good job!

18. Marcy says:

XACTLY AND ZUPER ICE CREAM!

19. Arvella says:

Great job Eunice! I especially like “G”-generous amount. Love Turkey Hill Ice Cream morning, afternoon, and evening and of course, every time in between.

20. Mrs K says:

Good Job!

21. Peggy M says:

Another good A-Z description of Turkey Hill ice cream. It’s a good thing that TH is so delicious, that makes it a little easier to come up with such mouth-watering adjectives.

22. Mary Gropp says:

X marks the Turkey Hill spot

Zen

X is just about impossible without deleting the “e” in front of any word beginning with “ex”. Zany and zealot are two good words, but the zero competition is also good.

24. Ellen says:

Way to go Eunice. Great list.

25. Harriet G says:

Wow Eunice, that is a great list.

26. Meg says:

well vanilla can be described as:
    -xanthic

any ice cream with candy or add ins in it can be:
    – xenolithic

all ice cream can be
    -xerophilous (because it is needed and abundant in dry areas)
    – xanadu

For Z:
    -zestful
    -zesty
    -zaftig
    -zany
    -zippy

Just for starters :)

27. Cheryl says:

Great alphabet Eunice. I am all for those generous helpings.
    Turkey Hill ice cream is the best.

28. TASTY KOOL says:

Dear ,

I want to know more about Turkey Hill

How ’bout Xtra Special Treat and Zillions of Flavors?? I’ll have to look for that book to add to my library!

30. BETTY BABCOCK says:

zealous xtra good yummy

31. Sabrina says:

this was very helpful to me. thax who ever did this!!!!!!!! :)<<3

32. Sage Gossman says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My website is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Appreciate it!

33. Stacy Piker says:

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any techniques to help prevent content from being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.

34. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Many thanks!

35. Iris Tumblin says:

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. Nevertheless think of if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this blog could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its field. Awesome blog!

36. Hi! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.