A GREAT WAY TO END NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on August 1st, 2010

Wouldn’t you know it, we were overcome with excitement during the last day of National Ice Cream Month yesterday that we forgot to post our last reader-written Ice Cream Journal entry. So we’ll post it today (with apologies to the authors for our tardiness). For this one, we asked our authors to find the most mouthwatering ice cream photo they could and describe it. And wouldn’t you know it, two of the writers to whom we offered that task came up with the exact same photo! So we’re posting that photo and BOTH entries here today to close out our National Ice Cream Month celebration.

This photo was submitted by Bob K. of Olney, MD and Chris B. of New London, MO. Thanks for the pic, guys, and thanks for ending National Ice Cream Month on a delicious note!

BOB WROTE: Wouldn’t you like to receive this on a special occasion? A bouquet of six ice cream cones that contain your favorite flavors. I am not sure how it would be delivered (hopefully in something to keep it frozen). To Turkey Hill lovers this would be better than a dozen of any kind of flowers. Would you finish them all at once or eat one now and save the rest for later? The choice is yours. Enjoy the picture and dream of what could be.

CHRIS WROTE: Ah, summertime…memories of family times at the pool, at the zoo, at the park…and at the local ice cream shop!!  As a child, I grew up in a small town without an ice cream parlor, but I remember sitting on the front porch with my grandfather, eating ice cream and watching the lightning bugs in the front yard.  There are certain things that I HAVE to do with my boys during the summer, and a few (dozen) trips out for ice cream is on that list!  This picture, of the ice cream cones tied together with a red ribbon represents a couple of things for me.  1) The gift of delicious ice cream!!  and 2) The gift of great family memories for my family!  I LOVE that there is Mint Chocolate Chip in the center, because that’s one of my favorite ice cream flavors!!

Tags:

41 Responses to “A GREAT WAY TO END NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH”

1. Carol Y says:

Love that “bouquet”!

A bouquet of ice cream cones is a great gift for a hot summer day! May not last as long as flowers but sure tastes better! Great picture!!

3. marion says:

Ice cream and family–what great gifts!

What a lovely way to end this special month celebrating mouth watering ice cream. Now it’s on to not the Dog Days of August, but the Turkey Days of August starring, as usual, Turkey Hill.

5. Jean Marie says:

good enough to eat!

6. Jacqueline Seewald says:

Lovely! This has been great fun.

7. Cinda F says:

I want to know when I will receive my icecream bouquet??? Looks great and of course being filled with icecream is even better!! Looks like a lot of fun flavors in it. I think I would eat 1 or at the most 2 and save the rest for another time. By the way I have responded EVERY single day during ice cream month wonder when I will WIN??

8. Nancy N says:

A fun month – and no better ending than family and ice cream! Can’t get amy better than that!

9. Mark Keip` says:

turkey hill ought to start having stands to serve icecream in small buldings like ritas ice and market ice tea lemonade and slush drinks and ice cream and hots dogs hamburgers and the small pizzas for summer months

10. jonibee says:

Now that’s better than balloons..and suitable for any occasion!

11. Sheryl Valenza says:

Everyday should be “Ice Cream Day”—sure hope our Kroger continues to carry “Turkey Hill” !!!!!! and more available flavors !!!!!!

That looks like a delcious bouquet! :)

13. Ann says:

I agree that the picture is great! I believe that I would eat one cone a day. That way it would last as long as a flower boquet (or almost). Either way I would love an ice cream bouquet. Actually we almost do have one, we have several flavors of TH ice cream in our freezer.

14. Carol fisher says:

Does Turkey Hill make sugar free ice cream? also, I’m having a hard time finding your cakes in 17019 area.

15. Lynda says:

neither one flowers nor ice cream last long but I sure would love to have the choice of which ice cream pick I would like to eat first. It does sound better to say ice cream bouquet instead of flowers but how would you throw the bouquet of ice cream vs flowers!!!

16. Ellen says:

Hey Bob & Chris, great ice cream picture. MMMMMMM I can taste every last cone with its yummy ice cream. I have many favorites and most of them appear in this picture. Sorry to see National Ice Cream Month end only 11 months until another one rolls around. MMMMMMMMMMM

17. I would love to have that bouquet sent to me for any occasion. I would like Rum raisin, vanilla, strawberry, egg nog and butter pecan Turkey Hill Ice Cream.

Thanks for including my picture on the last day of National Ice Cream Month. I guess Chris B and I have similar tastes. I couldn’t even guess what the odds would be for the two of us to pick the same picture out of probably hundreds. A picture may be worth more than words can describe, but the real thing is in my freezer. I think I’ll go now and have some Turkey Hill Party cake.

19. CAROL TRIANO says:

Bob & Chris, you picked the perfect picture to end the month. I wish there were a service that would deliver a bouquet of ice cream cones with Turkey Hill Ice Cream of course…

20. Emilia says:

Great Pic! Too pretty to eat…almost.

21. Cheryl says:

I love the idea of a bouquet of ice cream cones…..for me it would be vanilla, chocolate, coffee, party cake (that one would look especially festive), …..there are so many great flavors it is hard to decide.

I like the slushy idea…..since Turkey Hill lemonade is so yummy I think a lemonade slushy would be very refreshing.

National Ice Cream month may be over but Turkey Hill time is never over.

Now there’s a bouquet that won’t make me sneeze. Yum, yum!

23. Arvella says:

Great Picture!! I am glad that it is only the last day of National Ice Cream Month. I can still enjoy Turkey Hill ice cream all throughout the year. This picture gives me an idea. My b’day is arriving soon. Maybe I can use this picture as a hint. Thanks Bob and Chris.

24. Sharon says:

When I saw the two people had picked the same picture I thought they must be relatives or something, and decided to make it look like a coincidence. However, it is just good taste, I guess.

25. brenda brooks says:

Hi Turkey Hill Fans, I love the picture, but I would love to eat the ice cream. I would eat all of them at the same time then run 5 miles to run it off so I can eat some more turkey hill ice cream.

26. jim in SOMD says:

How about the whole family sharing the bouquet. Hopefully each would get the own favorite flavor. If there are less than 6 people in your family then also share with neighbors or friends.

27. Lorraine says:

What a great Flower…..Ha..

28. Meg S says:

I would have to agree with Bob that this would be a most enjoyable gift. It could be made even better if instead of 6 ice cream cones, I was given 6 half gallon cartons of my favorite ice cream. (Because in my opinion, why waste any flavor or calories on a cone?!) And I would replace the strawberry-looking flavor with a differnt hone like cookies and cream perhaps. But now I am getting too picky and being greedy. I should just accept the gift and be overwhelmingly happy with it. So thank you. Now in that light, I think I should go give myself a gift of a nice bowl of ice cream.

29. debbie f. says:

I’ll take that kind of bouquet anytime!!!!!!

30. Carolyn says:

I hope the recipient of that bouquet has a bunch of friends who can hurry over to help eat it before it all melts!

31. Harriet G says:

I’d love to get a bouquet like the one in the picture. I’d share it with the other members of my family.

32. BETTY says:

clever

33. donna joyce says:

Well written gentlemen…..Memories last a whole lot longer than any old bouquet of flowers!

34. Bruce Schmeck says:

Looks good

35. Tricia Ostermann says:

I’m now trying to figure out how to give this bouquet to my friend for her birthday…

36. artemis says:

just wonderful…..

A truly enjoyable bouquet!

38. MrsK says:

I would Like to receive That bouquet!

39. Chris B says:

Nope, Bob & I are not related! How interesting that we chose the same picture from so many options out there on the net! I am so grateful to Turkey Hill for the experience, and my family and I are really enjoying my “paycheck”!!

40. That is some nice ice cream photo! Makes my mouth water that I just want to eat some chunky monkey right about now :P