Second Scoop: How they serve ice cream sandwiches in Singapore

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on January 9th, 2017

Before we get to today’s blog entry, we just wanted to give a quick announcement about one of our favorite events of the year — the Pennsylvania Farm Show. If you’re going to the show, stop by the Turkey Hill sampling booth in the Weis Exposition Hall (the food court) and grab a sample of All Natural Ice Cream and Haymakers.

Also, we want to see your Farm Show photos! Show us your favorite Farm Show traditions by posting them on your social media channels along with the tag #THFarmShow. We’ll choose a few photos at random to win some FREE ice cream! You can also use Turkey Hill’s Farm Show Snapchat filter to create your own Farm Show snaps!

———————–

pic

In the spirit of ice cream sandwiches, we thought we’d show you how ice cream sandwiches are served up in Singapore. Yup, in Singapore, if you order an ice cream sandwich from an ice cream vendor on the street (and there are many), you get ice cream served in a slice of bread.

The bread often includes various colors and, from what we’ve read, the sandwiches are quite tasty! The sandwich featured above includes corn ice cream, but lots of traditional flavors are available as well. (More info here.)

And if you don’t want bread, you can have your ice cream served between two thin wafers like below. Either way, we’re sure the treats are delicious on a hot Singapore summer day!

pic

38 Responses to “Second Scoop: How they serve ice cream sandwiches in Singapore”

1. Please, please, please have your Southern Lemon Pie ice cream this year!

2. Joyce says:

Extremely interesting!

3. mary ann herrmann says:

…that bread looks pretty amazing. would have to say that I would definitely give it a try. alas, the wafers are tempting as well. who knew?? thanks for sharing TH.

4. Lois says:

I prefer my ice cream between two cookies when making a sandwich.

Quite different from what we have here but they both would be worth a try-as the old saying goes “Try it-you’ll like it!”.

6. Patricia says:

I think it would be fun to try an ice cream sandwich on a folded piece of bread – maybe a bread with a slight sweetness, like Portuguese bread. Doesn’t have to be vanilla ice cream. I’d be willing to try all kinds of ice cream in bread!!

I will take the wafers please

I believe that this has been in the blog before.

I guess if you put it on bread, it is a true sandwich but I like ours better.

10. Kelly says:

Yep! And they are in their little ice cream carts on the sidewalks on Orchard Road or other touristy places. You can choose your flavor of course and the kind of bread or wafer you want. They cut the ice cream w a big knife and serve it! Nice cool treat in a place where it’s always summer. My kids loved it!

Now that’s a real ice cream sandwich!

12. Donna Keller says:

I would take take the wafers, looks like a real sandwich. Bread doesn’t look very good. It looks soggy to me.

13. Sharon Leaming says:

I would try it with the wafers!

14. Sue Carper says:

If I were in Singapore,, I’d give it a try,,, but here in the good ole USA,, I’ll stick to our reg. ice cream sandwiches made with a cookie on either side! I have a feeling that bread would get rather soggy.

I would love to eat an ice cream sandwich served between two thin wafers

I love bread–but not mixed with ice cream! I would have to take the wafers!

And I would think also a little messy. Pressing down on the bread or wafers would force the ice cream out the sides. I would take small bites and hold the sandwich with two hands pressing lightly. Napkins, of course, should be included.

18. sue says:

i would like the second option–definitely not the first

19. janet says:

if i had to pick between the bread or wafers, i’ll take the wafers but i like to had turkey hill ice cream between two brownies

20. janet says:

f i had to pick between the bread or wafers, i’ll take the wafers but i like to have turkey hill ice cream between two brownies

21. janet says:

Very interesting – I think I like the wafers more, but the bread is interesting.

23. Terry says:

I’ll probably never visit Singapore, but if I do, I’ll try one of their ice cream sandwiches.

I’ll also probably not make it to the Pennsylvania Farm Show, even though it is much closer to me than Singapore. :)

24. Ken says:

I would give it a try

How did I miss your free samples? I visited the food court on Friday afternoon and did not see a TH stand. I did see your great big cow out front though.

Very creative of them. I wonder why they don’t use cookies as we do, but it is practical to have the bread on three sides. Saves the drips. Thanks for the info.

27. Interesting concept but wouldn’t the bread get soggy quickly?

With all the great products Turkey Hill has come out with…when are there going to be ice cream sandwiches?

28. denise says:

wafers

29. Mary Anne Powell says:

Love bread but not sure I’d want it with ice cream but I do like the idea of the wafers. Of course just about anything would be good with Turkey Hill ice cream!!!!

30. IceCreamFiend says:

I’ll take the wafer sandwich!

Interesting ways to make an ice cream sandwich!

32. Janet says:

vanilla frozen yogurt on white bread is good too

33. Marie says:

I would try it, but I don’t know if I would really really like it. I think I would prefer how we have them here.

34. Harriet Goldstein says:

Interesting idea. I would try it.

35. Peg says:

As long as it is ice cream in the middle, who cares about the wrap.

WOULD NOT WANT IT ON BREAD THINK IT WOULD GET TO SOGGY TO FAST. THE WAFER SOUNDS JUST FINE. IT REMINDS ME OF HOW WE USE TO GET THEM WHEN I WAS LITTLE. IT WAS A BRICK OF VANILLA,CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY BETWEEN A WAFER THAT WOULD COVER THE ICE CREAM ON BOTH SIDES. THEY WERE SO SO GOOD.
    I LOVE TODAYS SANDWICHES WITH THE CHOCOLATE ON THEM THEY ARE SO GOOD.

37. janice fitch says:

Well, that sure is an ice cream sandwich. I don’t think it sounds very good. The 2nd idea with the 2 wafers, I could handle.
    Thanks for the info. though. It was interesting.

38. Gustavo Woltmann says:

I would love to try this kind of ice cream. They are very creative.

– gustavo woltmann