Second Scoop: Which ice cream flavor would you create in our Taste Lab?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on July 26th, 2017

Many of you may have paid a visit to the Turkey Hill Experience, located just 10 minutes from the Dairy here in Lancaster County, but we’re happy to announce a new addition to the Experience. Actually, it’s more of an upgrade. Recently, the Experience’s popular Taste Lab has expanded from two labs to FOUR labs. The new arrival inspired us to repost this blog entry. Enjoy!

——————

pic4

For the past six years, the Turkey Hill Experience has given fans a behind-the-scenes look at the history of Turkey Hill Dairy and the ice cream and iced tea making process. While at the Experience, you can even create a virtual ice cream flavor, design your own ice cream package and star in your very own Turkey Hill Ice Cream TV commercial.

Designing a virtual flavor is definitely fun, but there’s also a feature at the Experience that allows you to create a REAL ice cream flavor and sample it for yourself. It’s called the Taste Lab.

pic4During the 40-minute Taste Lab experience, guests start with an ice cream base and add in the flavoring, mix-ins and syrups/swirls of their choice to create their unique concoction. While you’re making your delicious dessert, a Turkey Hill Dairy expert will provide you with an Ice Cream 101 class. After a few minutes in the freezer, your personalized ice cream flavor is ready to be sampled!

Ice cream flavor bases include favorites like vanilla and chocolate, but you can also start with apple, teaberry, mango and cotton candy-flavored ice cream.

There are more than 25 mix-ins to choose from, too, including blueberries, almonds, toffee pieces, gummy candies, and cookie dough (among many others) which means the possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to creating the ice cream flavor of your dreams.

Of course, if a hands-on lesson isn’t for you – or if you need a little inspiration – you can always stop by the Experience’s ice cream stand for a few unlimited free samples!

44 Responses to “Second Scoop: Which ice cream flavor would you create in our Taste Lab?”

1. sue frantz says:

i would start with vanilla because it’s so versatile, then add fruit swirls, caramel swirls and fresh fruit with cookie crumbles…yummm i could go for some now :-)

2. Liz S. says:

This sounds great! If I visited the Taste Lab, I’d use your vanilla base and add macadamia nut butter & white chocolate chunks.

3. Could we do a “Shoo Fly” mix-in?

4. Terry says:

Wait…..did you say “unlimited free samples”?????

I would start with Banana, then add peanut butter swirls and M&M candies crushed and then some chocolate fudge swirls as the final ingredient.

6. Nancy Solomon says:

Is there nothing more healthy and refreshing than strawberry banana? Already has strawberries but could add swirls of more strawberry and banana for taste and color.

7. I would have to stick to my flavor that I did create at the taste lab and do coffee ice cream with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and almonds. It’s Mocha Java Almond, my favorite!

8. Sherri Rosen says:

Root beer and chocolate – it would taste like 2 ice cream floats in 1.

I think I would start with Teaberry and maybe mix in some other fruit flavors

10. Donna McCauley says:

pineapple

I would start with vanilla ice cream and add blueberries and a caramel swirl and of course I would call it blueberry caramel swirl.

vanilla with mocha chips and cherries

13. mary ann herrmann says:

…cantaloupe, please and thank YOU!! used to make it at our local ice cream shop, and it was absolutely amazing. miss it ever so-o-o much, TH.

14. Brenda Brooks says:

I would start with strawberry, blueberry,fresh cherries and vanilla ice cream and sherbet. I love Turkey hill ice cream

I couldn’t even begin to imagine what I’d do… so many choices!!! (It would probably have marshmallow in it, though.)

16. Eileen says:

I don’t think I could top my all time fav, Choco Chip Mint! Wait, maybe if I combined it with Columbian Coffee…Yummy!! And PLEASE bring that delicious Blood Orange sorbet that I tasted at the TH Experience to our NJ grocery stores! I had 5 tastings of it & still couldn’t get enough!!!

17. caroline of Manalapan says:

Sounds like a lot of fun (Plus learning how TH is made from class 101)

18. Lee Carr says:

Licorice is a flavor that I like and have never seen in ice cream

19. KimB says:

I would start with a dark chocolate base, and put in swirls of peanut butter cookie dough, and finish with mix-ins of chocolate chunks and candy-covered peanut butter candies. I guess I’d call it chocolate peanut butter overload. The classic chocolate and peanut butter combo has always been my favorite.

20. WendyY says:

Strawberry Shortcake!
    I would use Turkey Hill All Natural Vanilla Bean to start and then add strawberries and shortbread cookie crumbles. Yummy, yum, YUMMMMM!!!

21. I’d love to start with vanilla and swirl in chocolate fudge, then add nuts and cherries.

22. I would start with Orange Sherbet with Marshmallow balls and slices of Tangerine . Mighty Tasty !

23. Mine would be Dark Chocolate Fudge, Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Swirl

I would start with mocha and maybe add in some wet walnuts and maybe just a tad of dark chocolate syrup!

25. enid portnoy says:

choco-OH! coco!new created flavor..how about it? Enid Portnoy!

26. Cate Weeder says:

WHAT?!! Guess I will be coming to Lancaster County!! What would I make? A creamy coconut mixture with chopped almonds and crispy chocolate (like the outside of almond joy or mounds) swirled throughout!! YUMMO!!

I would do a chocolate ice cream with peanut butter, fudge, and cookies and cream.

I would begin with Cherry ice cream. Add sliced fresh black cherries, dark chocolate slivers, and maybe dark chocolate covered cherries, cut up.

I have another combination: TH Deep dark chocolate ice cream. Lots of good quality chunky peanut butter swirled through, plus dark chocolate ribbons swirled through. Slightly crushed macadamia nut mixed in, as well. (I’m making myself hungry.)

30. Vera Howard says:

We would use vanilla ice cream to make orange pineapple ice cream.

31. Lori says:

Will the classrooms be smaller? With to many people it’s hard to get the creation to freeze hard. We’ve done the taste lab a couple times. Love coffee ice cream with fudge and almonds an pb

You mentioned you have teaberry flavor; I remember eating teaberry ice cream as a kid.

33. Janet Dietrick says:

strawberry blast. strawberry with strawberry syrup swirled through, and fresh strawberries with cane sugar folded in

34. Marie says:

Unfortunately we cannot travel to TH. My husband has MS, otherwise we would be there creating. If we were there, we would make something with blueberries—lots and lots of blueberries, my husband’s favorite. He loves his Turkey Hill.

Last week Turkey Hill was on sale at our grocery store. I had 7 coupons for TH and used ALL of them and put them in the freezer downstairs in the basement! My husband is SO SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

35. Denise says:

chocolate, malted milk balls, chocolate chips, and marshmallows

36. I would start with a vanilla base, adding both chocolate and peanut butter swirls. I would top it off with peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles.

37. Mocha Java Almond sounds good.

I would create a peppermint base with crushed candy canes and chocolate chips swirled through it. Just the thought makes my mouth water!

VERY SIMPLE..I WOULD USE TURKEY HILL STRAWBERRIES N CREAM AND ADD A LITTLE COCOLATE SYRUP OR CHOCOLATE FUDGE TO IT. YUMMMMM

Vanilla ice cream with bits of fruit and a chocolate swirl would be something I could enjoy.

two many ideas, to name them all

42. Mary Anne Powell says:

Maybe the vanilla base and numerous mix ins…..so many choices, so little time!

43. Robert Vaughan says:

Choco Mint Chip Is really good, but I would like to see Mint Chocolate… Chocolate Ice Cream with Mint flavoring.. Even Chocolate Ice Cream with Mint Ice Cream Swirled into it…