The All Natural truth: What’s really in other brands of all natural ice cream?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on August 11th, 2017

Turkey Hill’s All Natural Ice Cream line-up is something we’re very proud of. The 20-flavor line includes flavors that are made with only the simplest of ingredients, like milk, cream, sugar and natural flavors (our All Natural Homemade Vanilla contains just FOUR ingredients). In many ways, it’s ice cream the way ice cream used to be made with Turkey Hill first started more than 80 years ago.

Turkey Hill All Natural Raspberry ChocolateAnd while many ice cream lovers will acknowledge that going “all natural” is naturally smart, it begs the question: What exactly does “all natural” mean and what is (and isn’t) in various all natural foods?

To shed some light on the dilemma when it comes to ice cream, we did a side-by-side comparison of the ingredients in our All Natural Ice Cream to the ingredients lists of its competitors. The results reveal a stark difference between Turkey Hill’s simple recipe and other “natural” and “all natural” options loaded with guar gum, xanthan gum and other additives and stabilizers.

Check our our website for a closer look at our comparison. The page includes a chart comparing the ingredients found in various brands of ice cream, more info about the ingredients and the six short, entertaining videos (like the one above and the one below) that call out the all natural ambiguity of its competitors’ products.

Because when it comes to all natural ice cream, simpler really is better.

23 Responses to “The All Natural truth: What’s really in other brands of all natural ice cream?”

1. Denise says:

really interesting to see the side-by-side comparison

2. Does the all natural have a low fat version? I couldn’t find it in my local supermarket and settled for regular Turkey Hill lowfat Moose Tracks instead.

3. JANET says:

interesting, thanks for the explanation. glad i only buy turkey hill

Appreciate the info.

Your all natural ice cream is delicious but I will never understand why something with “fewer” ingredients,, costs more than the other flavors. Why can’t ALL your flavors be “all natural”?

6. Donna Keller says:

when I buy ice cream it’s always TH. I don’t buy it as often as I would like too, but the reason being too much sugar.

7. Vera Howard says:

Why the higher price .

It’s great to see that TH really is ALL natural. Nothing like pure vanilla.

I only buy Turkey Hill ice cream here in New York. Wouldn’t even consider another brand. Thanks for the info, though.

I’ve got to ask, dear T. Hill, why and when did you change your recipe from the one you started out with circa 1937? I personally find all-natural ice cream to be too rich. My mother, who was born in 1937, loves the stuff. What do you call the kind I love? How is it different from all-natural? Or maybe I don’t want to know. Not to worry – I am loyal to my nation all the way!

11. Terry says:

Well, Turkey Hill All Natural is my absolute favorite of all time ice cream.

The quotation mark person did a great job !!! :)

12. caroline of Manalapan says:

I will from now on read the ingredients if a non-TH natural is on sale

13. This is proof of why Turkey Hill Ice Cream is the only one for me.

I’m definitely going to have to try the all natural raspberry chocolate chip.

In all natural you know what you are putting into your body. Today you can’t even pronounce some of the ingredients that go into your food.

I’ve stopped buying certain brands that were KNOWN FOR being all-natural. One taste and you know something’s “off.” If you study the packages on these brands, they no longer indicate that you are buying ice cream. The container will have something like, “Dessert Product,” on it. Yecch!

just buy Turkey Hill, know its the best

WHY NOT MAKE ALL TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM NATURAL AND CHARGE US THE SAME AS YOUR OTHER ICE CREAM. IF THAT’S ALL THERE WAS YU WOULD STILL SELL ALOT OF IT AND IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ALL OF US TOO.

19. Linda Savitz says:

I love your “turkey Hill” the best!! YUMMY!!!

I always knew that TH would be the better product! Way to go!

21. Lee Carr says:

simpler really is better including the simply shorter video

Thanks This is very interesting.