September prize: What’s your favorite part of the fall season?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on September 8th, 2017

pic5

Like we mentioned earlier this week in our post about Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and the arrival of pumpkin spice season, fall is officially upon us. And when you think of fall, most folks think about the changing colors of the leaves. Those earthy hues are the inspiration behind our September prize — the set of four authentically-vintage ice cream bowls you see above.

The bowls are estimated by the seller to be from the 1950s (although the 1960s is also a possibility). They measure about 5 inches in diameter and are just over 2 inches deep. In other words, they’re the perfect size for a few scoops of ice cream.

Would you like to take home the set of four bowls along with some certificates for free Turkey Hill Ice Cream? Of course you would! We’ll choose one comment at random from all the comments on this post to win that prize. To enter, just sound off with an answer to this question:

What’s your favorite part of the fall season?

105 Responses to “September prize: What’s your favorite part of the fall season?”

1. mark johnston says:

i enjoy taking walks in the park with the family and watching the leaves change also the cooler temps

2. Donna McCauley says:

I like that my ice cream does notmelt as fast as in the summer.

3. Annette Sabo says:

The color of the leaves.

4. Lisa Kerstein says:

I do like the changing colors of the leaves during fall and the crispness of the season in the air. I like curling up in warm blankets with a bowl of Turkey Hill ice cream in the fall. It just seems to go together. The colorful bowls would be perfect.

5. Carly says:

My favorite part of fall is taking in the glorious colors that God paints on his portrait of Earth for Autumn! It truly shows the artistic ability and love of our Savior!

6. Terry says:

I like the cooler temperatures and watching the green leaves change to the wonderful shades of orange, yellow, and red. I’m in East Tennessee. We have beautiful autumns.

7. Sherri Rosen says:

The leaves changing color (I’m in NYC and they look beautiful, even for a short time), wearing a blazer (I love the summer but blazers give me extra pockets to put stuff in) and I love to walk so the cooler temperatures (before the winter temps) make it nicer to be outside.

8. Elaine Garfield says:

watching the leaves fall and walking through them on a country walk while enjoying the crisp air and sushine

9. Lois says:

I love that the colors of fall show God’s artistry!

10. Linda Hill says:

My favorite part of fall is the bright, brilliant colors just like the bowl set I would love to win. Then I’d eat pumpkin ice cream out of one of the bowls!

11. Liz S. says:

My favorite part of the fall season is the gorgeous foliage; and Turkey Hill pumpkin pie ice cream, of course.

12. Irene M says:

I love taking walks in the crisp air and enjoying the beautiful change in color. The rustle of the leaves as you walk and the faint smell of wood fire in the air. Just love it….favorite time of year!

13. Gail Watson says:

I absolutely love fall! The colors, scents and flavors! Give me everything pumpkin! I love to walk especially now that the temps are cooler.

14. Brian C says:

I am originally from Southern California. What I like about Autumn here in PA is not only the color changes, but the smell. I know exactly when Fall hits because the trees and plants in my area produce a sweet aroma. And that it’s time to get some freah apple and pumpkin butters. Apple butter as an ice cream topping is fantastic. And Turkey Hill Ice Cream is what I put it on.

15. Desiree Lynn says:

I love Fall for many reasons. The weather change, the cooler crisp air and the leaves changing colors. The beautiful colors in the sky, the orange and red sunsets and most of all, Pumpkin flavored everything.

16. Anne says:

My favorite part of fall is turning off the central air and opening the windows letting the cook, crisp air in.

17. JANET says:

hayrides , going to a pumpkin patch , crispness of the air , making pumpkin and apple pies ,making apple butter ,camp fires

18. mary frey says:

my favorite is vanilla

Cooler temperatures, Period.

20. Marianne says:

My favorite part of the Fall season is the brilliant colors and foliage, the cool crisp air and of course a nice bowl of Turkey Hill ice cream with a cup of coffee or hot cider.

21. enid portnoy says:

Watching a movie with my friends or family at home everyone having their own bowl of Turkey Hill ice cream..ahhhh!
    Enid

22. Terry B says:

the changing leaves or is that leafs??

The beauty outside and the ice cream inside!

24. the smell of wood smoke from a fire place, fall colors and seasonal meals cooking in the kitchen, apple and pumpkin spice pies .Friends visiting for the holidays

25. Julie Lawrence says:

i love the cooler air, the changing colors, and the fall flavors!

26. IceCreamFiend says:

Cooler temperatures!!!!

Being a New Englander, I love the color changing of the leaves, the cooler temperatures, apple picking, and opting for the perfect pumpkin. Having the latter two at hand, I make pies to go along with TH ice cream-yummy for the tummy!!!

28. Barbara Lima says:

I am enjoying the cooler weather.

I love the beauty of the trees when the leaves change colors.

30. Raking then burning our Oak leaves in the fire pit! :)

I love everything about the fall. The leaves turning beautiful colors, football, no more 90 degree weather, and of course the upcoming holidays to share with family. We have some birthdays this month and next month also so that is fun. We always have Turkey Hill Pumpkin Pie ice cream with our pumpkin pie because everyone loves it and requests it.

32. Cathy says:

Our annual family & friends Hayride & Bonfire on my parents 200 year old farm, the smell of wood burning, marshallmallows roasting and kids laughing what could better!

33. I love taking long walks in the crisp fall air and watching the changing colors of the leaves. I love all the pumpkin treats as well–all that vibrant orange!

34. Jay says:

The weather

35. Turkey Tom says:

The YUMMY smells wafting through the crisp fall air!

36. My favorite part is watching the leaves changing their colors. We live near a local park, & love talking walks in the cool, crisp air! And of course, the scents are awesome, pumpkin, apples, fireplaces burning, & all sorts of warm spices!

37. elr says:

Love the colors of Fall! But let’s not rush Summer. Fall doesn’t start till the 22nd. Let’s have more warm days to eat ice cream outside!

Taking walks and hearing the crisp leaves beneath my feet.

39. Lydia says:

the days being cooler and not as humid and the leaves starting to change color

40. caroline of Manalapan says:

Open windows. Hubby says there nothing about the fall he likes because he has to clean up the leaves PS I love those bowls

41. Nina Hilson says:

I love pumpkin pie ice cream!!! Put a little cool whip on top and its better than a piece of pumpkin pie!!! Love watching my grandsons play football and having ice cream with them after!!! love all the beautiful leaves, brisk air and lovely cool nights!!! Everything pumpkin!!!!!

LOVE THE COOLER WEATHER IT LETS YOU WANT TO DO MORE THINGS. SUMMER CAN GET TO HOT. LOVE THE LEAVES OF SO MANY DIFFERENT COLORS. IT’S A NICE TIME OF YEAR, TO BAD WINTER COMES AFTER THE FALL.

43. Linda Savitz says:

I love Turkey Hill ice cream with my hot fudge on top!! Oh!!! That is right. I love that all year long!!YUMMY!!!

44. Eileen says:

I love the changing of the leaves & also being nice & toasty under my favorite blanket while eating my Turkey Hill Choco Mint Chip ice cream!!!

45. The beautiful fall leaf colors, and watching football with a bowl of Turkey Hill Ice Cream!

46. mary ann herrmann says:

…lovin’ the colorful leaves (like the bowls!!), cooler temperatures, crisp apples AND cuddling while indulging in some
    TH pumpkin pie ice cream (yes, please!!).

47. My favorite part of Fall are the beautiful changing leaves and good sleeping weather. We live in Pennsylvania, so we do see the leaves changing. We also enjoy the change back to Fall food and Wonderful Pumpkin Pie Ice cream from Turkey Hill.

48. My favorite part of the fall season is “decorating”. I have to admit “fall is my favorite season”.
    I love the freshness of the air and all the colors especially the orange color. I start with decorating my living room windows and then the rest of the house.
    My yard I always decorate with (2) pumpkins, scarecrows, mums, and put up my house flag. This year my flag is Chickadees and Pumpkins.

49. Mary Jo Brummer says:

Sunny but cool crisp days!

Halloween is what the season is all about for me. Shuffling through the fallen leaves, collecting candy – what could be better!
    Those bowls are crazy cute too!

51. My favorite for Fall Season is awesome weather, falling colorful leaves and pumpkins everything. From coffee to pastry to soups and sides and can’t forget ice cream. The most wonderful time of the year with cinnamon brooms smelling up the room.

52. Alice Kimball says:

I take care of an elderly gentleman who remembers, fondly, the days of his childhood and Butter Brickle ice cream. After searching high and low, on and offline for years, I suddenly came upon the Turkey Hill limited addition in the freezer section of my local Giant Supermarket. What a surprise. I didn’t think it actually existed! My care receiver was ecstatic. I am so pleased that Turkey Hill was able to make him so happy. Hopefully, this addition won’t be too limited. There is a whole generation out there of elderly people for whom Butter Brickle is emblematic of the quintessential good old days.

53. karen says:

Its the time to rake the fallen leaves, the smell,the warmth as our family works together to burn the leave again.

54. sharon jones says:

My favorite is all the new pumpkin flavored products that hit the stores.

I do like fall,,, the trees changing colors,,the cooler temps. Just wish we could skip winter & go straight into spring/summer again! No matter what the season though, our freeze always has TH ice cream in it!

56. Wayne Davis says:

For me fall is the time of year when my senses are working overtime. I marvel at the sight of the changing leaves, tall corn stalks and apples on the trees. I hear the sounds of geese flying south. I smell the leaves as I walk down a path and all of the wonderful smells coming out of the kitchen. Finally I get to taste the wonderful flavors of apples, pumpkin, hickory nuts, walnuts, and wild tea-berries. Fall is a marvelous time of the year.

57. Allison says:

The smell in the air.

58. Linda says:

I love the colors of the trees, the great smell of a fire. Also the little chill in the air.

59. Claudia says:

Brisk hikes in New England :)

60. Valerie C. says:

I love the comfort foods.

the changing of the colors no more hot days

62. Susan Christy says:

Cooler weather!! Boots, sweaters, scarves. Fall is my favorite season.

The changing of the leaves and the cooler weather plus all the pumpkin flavored items available

64. Brenda Brooks says:

I love playing and walking in the different colors of falls leaves. Then go eat a bowl of Turkey hill ice cream.

65. My favorite part of Fall is a 2 part: 1. TH’s Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream being available in stores and 2. the start of the NFL season – in particular I get to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers while eating my TH Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream.

66. pat says:

apple desserts with ice cream on top

67. Janet Dietrick says:

leaves. definitely leaves.

68. Harriet G. says:

My favorite part of the fall season is the beautiful fall foliage.

69. Ken says:

Just looking forward to the cooler weather

70. I love when the leaves fall

71. I like the fall temperatures and the leaves changing colors.

72. I like the cool temperatures and the change of colors on the trees

73. Sheri says:

My favorite part about fall is all the interesting ways on how to use pumpkin, hoodie weather, and Halloween!!!.

74. Cooler temperatures, lower humidity and those beautiful colors of fall are my favorite part of the season.

I definitely love the weather and the fall colors!

When temperatures turn down, and the cold air grabs your attention, you start to feel the urgency of autumn. Life goes quicker. We dance in the rain, and revel in the absolute beauty in what is a dying season. Halloween has to it much more than plastic goblins. Autumn forces us to think about life and not-life. There is a tremendous life force burning before the end.

77. Nora says:

I love the leaves when they change color. Nothing prettier than driving down a country lane with all those beautiful colors.

78. Magdalene Steele says:

The change in the weather. Cooler temperatures and the decorations.

79. Magdalene Steele says:

Everything

80. Patti Sherman says:

Fall is my favorite time of year. The leaves become a beautiful pallette of color, I love pumpkin spice latte and my pumpkin pie ice cream.

81. sue hulme says:

the pumpkin products you can get everywhere–and pumpkin pie turkey ice cream is my absolute weakness!

82. Debbie says:

Apple picking. Then, baking delicious apple pies ala mode…with vanilla Turkey Hill ice cream, of course!

83. David Hoover says:

I love your ice cream and have been buying it for years. But today I bought a half gallon of your Vanilla Bean at Kroger and found pieces of plastic in it. One piece got caught in my throat and I had one heck of time coughing it up.

David Hoover
    804-205-6383

84. gianna says:

My birthday and Halloween!!!

Cooler temps, pumpkin-related everything and NFL.

86. Sheila says:

I love the fall for the beautiful colors of the leaves on the trees, and the cooler weather. Just a pieceful time of the year.

87. Wanda Conrad says:

The beautiful colors of the fall leaves on the trees, the cooler weather,it’s my favorite season!

88. lynn says:

raking leaves and running and jumping in them.

89. Lee Carr says:

fall is cool, clear, crisp air

90. Vera Howard says:

We love the cool air and the colors of the trees.

91. Linda Leonard says:

I think I like everything about fall . . . the light breezes, sweater weather, leaves changing color, the sound of leaves being whipped up by the wind, crunching sounds when you walk on them and the different smells. I feel so fortunate that I live in a place that gets to experience all the seasons.

92. I’m looking forward to the leaves changing color and pumpkins everywhere!!

93. Betty Scola says:

It used to be eating touchdown sundae ice cream but I can’t find it in the stores this year.

94. Pam says:

I love the cooler weather . It gets me in the mood to make big pots of comfort food like ham n greenbeans , ham bean soup , beef vegetable soup and more . I love decorating with pumpkins and straw and gourds and all the harvest colors and I know winter is coming. Fall is just my favorite time of year ❤

95. Upstate New York has the most amazing leaf show! Orange, rust or golden tints to our stately trees. Also love the many flavors of Turkey Hill ice cream when we are relaxing in the cooler evenings.

96. Denise says:

the cool crisp air, falling leaves, and college football

97. Amanda says:

I love seeing the leaves change color in fall, the cool fall weather and a nice bonfire. The taste of pumpkin flavored anything but pumpkin ice cream is a must.

98. My favorite part of fall is the fashions! I also love the smell of cinnamon, and baked goods with pumpkin and apples! Going for a bike ride or a long walk is invigorating in the fall!

99. Mary Anne Powell says:

Growing up in New England, I always looked forward to the amazing colors of all the leaves.

100. L Schaefer says:

Walking through the crunchiness of fallen leaves!

The bowls appear to be very similar to ones that my mother had when I was a child in the 1950’s and 60’s.

The best part of the fall is the cool fresh air. Taking walks with a sweater or jacket watching the leaves turn color.

103. Carol Luciano says:

The change in the weather, so brisk and lovely. The changing of the leaves and smells of cinnamon and spice.