Second Scoop: Who wants a fish-shaped ice cream cone?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on September 30th, 2017

pic5

For the most part, the traditional ice cream cone shape has remained relatively unchanged since its invention at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis. But an ice cream shop in Berkeley, CA called Uji Time has created the fish-shaped ice cream cone you see above.

Here’s the catch: The shop only creates 15 of the cones each day, mainly because each cone takes 30 minutes to make!

To get one, you pretty much have to show up when the shop opens (3 PM on weekdays and 1 PM on the weekends) and then fill your fishy cone with the ice cream flavor of your choice.

But wait! If you can’t make it out to the San Francisco area to get a cone for yourself, a New York City ice cream shop called Taiyaki NYC has created a similar cone that’s taking social media by storm. The cones (that’s them below) cost $7 each and the lines are long, but judging by how adorable the cones are, we think they’re worth the wait, don’t you?

37 Responses to “Second Scoop: Who wants a fish-shaped ice cream cone?”

1. Donna McCauley says:

Yes I would love to try one.Maybe a company on the eastern part of the country could start making them.HintHint

It sounds pretty “fishy” to me but I bet it would taste better considering New York City is closer than Berkeley CA to me. Worth the trip for the novelty.

3. gianna says:

Cute…but are they filled with Turkey Hill Ice Cream?! ;)

I would like to try one especially if they hold more ice cream than a standard cone. It would be worth the wait in line.

5. Andrea says:

Looks like it would be difficult to hold & eat & wouldn’t hold as much as a conventional cone. Also, fish & ice cream are a strange combination!

6. Very creative in my opinion! I’d try it. But I agree: it should be filled with Turkey Hill.

7. JANET says:

eating ice cream a different twist of fun !

8. They are so cute!!! I would love to have one but I don’t think I would want to eat it but try to preserve it.

9. enid portnoy says:

When my son is not fishing in his free time he is eating: what else? Turkey Hill ice cream, and so is his young son,and his mother(me)and his wife. We are a total ice cream- fishing family. If we had one wish ,it would be–to continue going deeper into life, with more than a lick and a promise.

10. Elaine Garfield says:

cute, especially when it is stuffed with Turkey Hill

11. Harriet G. says:

Sounds like a great idea. I would like to try one.

They’re cute, but a cone is a cone is a cone…

I’ll just take the Turkey Hill ice cream, but thanks, anyway.

They are great looking but a bit expensive don’t you think? As long as they are filled with peanut butter ripple, I would love to try them.

I think they are very cut, but I agree with Ann King–they are too expensive.

Of course I meant “cute”–that’s what happens when you don’t proof read!

Awesome, they look more like a cookie than an ice cream cone and I would love to have one. The only drawback I can see is that they might be a little awkward to hold and because of the narrow looking opening would lend themselves more to soft serve (as in the pic) rather than two scoops of TH.

Very cool looking cones. I would try one.

19. karen says:

OMG….I would love to have one of those! Wish they were…..

20. Terry says:

I wonder if they have the traditional cone taste or if it’s a bit different.

Yes. They are very cute! I just wonder if they taste as good as they look!!

22. Lois says:

I’ll be in line!

I’ll pass on the cute cones,,,,, its gonna get eaten, who cares what it looks like! I’m just interested in the TH ice cream!

24. Sounds interesting especially filled with Turkey Hill Ice Cream

They are cute, but I don’t like to spend my money that way.

26. Mary Anne Powell says:

Looks interesting as long as it’s filled with TH.

looks

27. Janet Dietrick says:

Adorable? Sure. But $7 for an ice cream cone (Is that just the cone cost? Is the ice cream extra?) is just ridiculous.

29. Denise says:

looks adorable

I don’t see the “see below” versions of the cones sold in NYC. If these places could perfect a way to mass produce and sell them for a reasonable price, I guess I would try them. However, it doesn’t seem worth the wait or price to eat an ice cream cone.

I can eat anything shaped like a fish just not tasting like a fish

THEY ARE CUTE BUT I WOULD JUST LIKE A CONE FILLED WITH TURKEY HILL ICE CREAM. NO FANCY SHAPES NEEDED FOR ME.

If I were on vacation and had a child with me who took a fancy to the fish, then, sure, she would have one. However, $7.00 for a cone,(fine looking carp it is), is pretty pricey.

34. Sheila Barto says:

omg thats such a cool idea!!! diffently would eat it!

Love one

36. sue frantz says:

as long as it doesn’t TASTE like fish I’m all in!

37. Marie says:

Cute. Would taste good with any flavor Turkey Hill. Would love to have one, but I don’t think it would ever happen.