Guess who was named “Best Chocolate Ice Cream in the U.S.”?

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on October 30th, 2017

OCTOBER 28 - Chocolate DayChocolate ice cream with chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate sauce? Don’t mind if we do!

This chocolate overload sundae might just be the perfect way to celebrate the great news that Turkey Hill’s Chocolate Ice Cream has been named “Best Chocolate Ice Cream in the United States” by Cook’s Illustrated magazine. That’s right, best in the U.S.A.!

The real star of our our Chocolate Ice Cream — or our Dutch Chocolate or our Belgian Style All Natural Chocolate — is the cocoa (chocolate). Here are a few facts about chocolate to nibble on while you enjoy a scoop or three of ice cream — Chocolate Ice Cream, of course.

1. The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation. (Nervous? Stressed out? Have some ice cream!)

2. White Chocolate isn’t technically chocolate because it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor. (It’s still delicious, though!)

3. Americans eat 100 pounds of chocolate EVERY SECOND. (That seems a little low, doesn’t it?)

4. In 2013, Belgium created chocolate-flavored stamps. (And sending letters never tasted so good.)

5. German chocolate cake, made with coconut pecan frosting, isn’t actually German. It’s named for its inventor, an American baker named Sam German. (Thanks, Sam!)

6. The Aztecs loved and valued the cacao bean so highly that they used it as currency. (A new horse? That’ll be 12 chocolate bars.)

7. Chocolate is the only food that melts around 93° F. That’s why chocolate melts so easily in your mouth. (And in your car on a hot summer day!)

44 Responses to “Guess who was named “Best Chocolate Ice Cream in the U.S.”?”

1. Elaine Garfield says:

Congratulations!! couldn’t happen to a better Company!!

2. Terry says:

Congratulations, Turkey Hill, because you absolutely do make the BEST Chocolate Ice Cream in the entire U.S. Thank you for making it!!!

• Brenda Brooks says:

Turkey hill, good for you. I knew you have the very best chocolate ice cream for a very long time. I been telling everyone that Turkey hill ice cream is the very best in life world.

Very impressive! I’m sure the competition was fierce!

4. Congrats, and well-deserved! I love Moose Tracks along with my husband. I love ice cream that has chocolate chips or chocolate fudge in it as well.

Did they taste the other flavors? You’d win for “Best ALL Flavors”

6. Debra Rusovick says:

Woot!!! Congratulations! You deserve this award because your ice cream is quality to the Nth degree!

7. Maryann Striff says:

No one had to tell me that. I have been eating Turkey Hill Chocolate ice cream since it has been sold in our supermarkets. There is nothing better. It has such a great chocolate taste. It’s good on its own or in an ice cream soda!

8. jerry says:

hate it that it’s now published.We all knew all along. Now it will be harder to get. Quelle damage

9. Congrats Turkey Hill! I always new it was the best. Good to see the world knows now.

Congrats – I think I will celebrate with some Turkey Hill Chocolate Ice Cream!

But we already knew that! It was always the best, not only the regular chocolate but the belgian chocolate and anything with chocolate in it. Congrats on the vote.

12. Donna Keller says:

Congrats TH. Well deserved.

this is no surprise – I knew it was the best and now the world should know too

Way to go! (I didn’t know about Sam German)!

To be rated number one in this category in the whole United States is quite an honor. I hope you get a plaque to put on display where the public can see it. Why not somewhere along the Turkey Hill Experience?

16. Vera Howard says:

Congrats.to you all at Turkey Hill.

If the prize was for Deep Dark Chocolate – I agree ! Congratulations !

18. enid portnoy says:

This is the best YUmmy news I’ve heard in a lonnngggg time lately! Let’s all order chocolate ice cream Turkey Hill style!!!

19. Denise says:

Congratulations!

20. Linda Savitz says:

I love “Turkey Hill”especially the Dutch Chocolate!! YUMMY!!!

21. congrats/i think i will have a bowl right now

22. Liz S. says:

MAJOR congratulations!

23. debbie f says:

We always knew TH chocolate was the best… now the whole world knows it!!!

24. You deserve it ! Congratulations !

Well deserved, Turkey Hill!

26. Congratulations Turkey Hill. Now the entire USA knows you have the best chocolate ice cream. I can see the future…best in North America the best in the World.

27. Andrea says:

Love your ice cream & so happy I’m finally able to access your Journal! The 7 chocolate facts were so enjoyable, especially the German Chocolate Cake one.

28. Mary Anne Powell says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Very well deserved. Love Turkey Hill.

Congratulations on the award!!! I always knew you had the best chocolate ice cream!!

30. caroline of Manalapan says:

Hubby is the chocolate person in our home so by mistake I asked him. He went back to his childhood and blurted out Howard Johnson with the orange roof. I told him they want now and HJ been gone for years. His new answer was Turkey Hill with all their different chocolates. I never know how I put up with him these 50+ years.

31. KimB says:

Congratulations, Turkey Hill! Now there’s only one thing that you must do as a follow up, and that is to make even more chocolate-based flavors. I know that I, and I’m sure legions of your other fans, will line-up to try them.

I need to try both of your chocolate ice creams!

33. ann says:

Great job! I especially love Deep Dark Chocolate and can’t wait to see it again.

34. Scherie Bachert says:

The All Natural Belgium Chocolate is the best!

35. sue frantz says:

Woo hoo!! congratulations to Turkey Hill–all of your flavors are so delicious chocolate especially

Well done Turkey Hill. Great taste, always!

TURKEY HILL HAS THE BEST CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM? OF COURSE THEY DO ALONG WITH SO MANY OTHER YUMMY FLAVORS TOO.
    CONGRATS TURKEY HILL.

38. Carol n Gary says:

Congratulations, Turkey Hill for making the BEST Chocolate Ice Cream I have ever had. Love other flavors too but still chocolate is my favorite.

OFF COURSE WHO ELSE ! chocolate my favorite and its always Turkey Hill

40. Harriet G. says:

Congratulations on your Chocolate Ice Cream being named “Best Chocolate Ice Cream in the United States” by Cook’s Illustrated magazine.

41. Marge says:

Kudos to all at Turkey Hill. To me any chocolate is good but the Turkey Hill Deep Dark Chocolate is the very best!
    Thanks .

I think chocolate is still worth its weight in gold!

43. Carole Lewis says:

Hooray for our chocolate ice cream!!