Would you try it? Thanksgiving turkey ice cream!

Posted by Turkey Hill Team on November 22nd, 2017

pic

If you love good food (and who doesn’t?) and quality time with friends and family, there’s a pretty good chance that you love Thanksgiving. Even if the idea of spending a day with your crazy family isn’t exactly your idea of a great time, the food is still worth the sacrifice.

The turkey, the mashed potatoes, the stuffing, the pumpkin pie. We can hardly wait until the feast begins tomorrow!

Neither can Los Angeles-based ice cream shop Salt & Straw, which has whipped up FIVE Thanksgiving-themed ice cream flavors. The creations include some pretty tasty-sounding offerings like Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecans, Persimmon Walnut Stuffing, and Spiced Goat Cheese & Pumpkin Pie. It also includes Buttered Mashed Potatoes & Gravy.

But the real conversation starter is the Thanksgiving lineup is its Salted Caramel Thanksgiving Turkey. (That’s a picture of the flavor above courtesy of Salt & Straw.)

The flavor is made with salted caramel ice cream (so far, so good) mixed with turkey broth, onion, and crispy bits of turkey skin. Yep, REAL turkey skin which, let’s face it, is the best part of the turkey, right?

So, the still unanswered (and unasked) question is: Would you try it?

34 Responses to “Would you try it? Thanksgiving turkey ice cream!”

1. Ken Graner says:

If it was offered for free I would try it. How did you find out what other flavors of ice cream was if you didn’t try them.

no it sounds terrible

I’m a traditionalist I guess. Somethings just don’t sound right,, ,like turkey flavored ice cream. I’ll pass on that & stick to my tried & true favorites!

4. Elaine says:

no thanks, I will keep my food groups separate

Well, the turkey ice cream sounded good until you mentioned it was made with turkey skin. Uh….no thanks. But I would try the Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecans. Thanks for a asking. (I’m thinking – Maybe if they leave out the turkey skin.)

6. Pam says:

I am relatively an adventurous eater, but, I am not too sure about the turkey skin. Turkey skin should be warm and crispy.

7. LYN says:

SURE!!! Anything made by Turkey Hill, is fine with me!!!!!

8. MC says:

If it is free, I’ll try it.

9. marie wright says:

Yes i would try it especially if its free. I sure love skin, best part.

10. John Wickham says:

I will try anything once. How do you know if you like something if you don’t try it?

One has to try something to know if you like it or not. I would try it and then decide.

12. mylinda beach says:

yes y not but only a little to start like one would get as a free sample

NO THANKS. FOOD IS FOOD AND ICE CREAM IS ICE CREAM. THERE ARE ENOUGH YUMMY TURKEY HILL FLAVORS WITHOUT GOING THERE WITH FOOD.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

14. Ron Mechlinski says:

Call me old fashioned but I like my coffee black and my turkey hot and on a plate!! I am the first in my family to try new flavors but I draw the line at turkey!

15. E Gaus says:

yes it look good and I BET IT WOULD TASTE GOOD

16. caroline of Manalapan says:

No way but I would try TH butter pecan on top of the pecan pie

Interesting, but no thanks!

18. Nancy says:

Doesn’t sound good to me! I will stick with vanilla bean or the chocolate/butter almond combination.

19. Harriet G. says:

It sounds good, but I do not mix meat with milk, so I would not try it.

I would try it. But only a small sample. That way if I didn’t like it I wouldn’t be wasting much.

21. I love Turkey and the leftovers for a day or so. I’d try turkey ice cream but not sure if it would be something I’d want more of. I never had pumpkin pie or egg nog ice cream until I tried Turkey Hill’s so who knows it could become a fav like pumpkin pie and eggnog ice cream have; only if it’s made by Turkey Hill of course.

22. Brenda Brooks says:

No, no way. Leave my Turkey day alone. Let it be all Turkey day foods. Next you want to mix it with dog food. Leave my Turkey day food alone. Happy Turkey day to all.

I’m a vegetarian, so I won’t eat turkey in any form, except for TURKEY Hill. :)

Sorry, none of these appeal to me. I’ll have a bowl of TH Butter Pecan.

25. Marie says:

Thanks, but no thanks!!!!!!! Not for me!!!!!!!

26. JANET says:

nope
    that just ruins ice cream. food on the plate

of course its ice cream

28. debbie f says:

Have actually tried Thanksgiving dinner Ice cream at our local Creamery.. the flavor was spot on but I wasn’t a major fan…but the creamery makes it every season so some people must enjoy it.

29. RarnChild says:

I’m going to pass on this one! Besides, I always take off the skin on my turkey – and chicken.

YES! Now as to the other flavors, Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecans, Persimmon Walnut Stuffing, and Spiced Goat Cheese & Pumpkin Pie, I would also try these, although the last may or may not be considered.

31. Nayeem says:

Turkey Hill’s ICe creams are fab…!!!

32. Mary Anne Powell says:

I guess I would take a taste but can’t imagine eating a dish of it.